Sunday, October 23, 2011

delightful moments.....


Hello to each of you!  Oh I know it has been a while since I was last here and cannot believe how time simply flies.  The moments have been filled with lots of little things and a few big things too. :)   I hope you are enjoying the season.  I tell you I am enjoying this season to its fullest.  The leaves with their golden hues are beautiful as ever. Some of you may recognize the photo above.  It was taken a few seasons ago and is as beautiful as ever this Autumn season.  The tree stands right outside my studio window.  Its leaves are beautiful and golden in Autumn, and blossoms with pretty little white blooms in the winter.  Visiting Nan's lovely blog "Letters From a Hill Farm" she had the most beautiful quote of Autumn.  It read "Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits".  How true of this lovely season.  If you have not visited Nan's lovely blog, I invite you to do so.  There you will find a wealth of knowledge, beautiful reads and book reviews.


Winter knitting has begun as request from family and friends for warm chunky scarves are made.  When it comes to knitting I love the intricate patterns, but for winter scarves I keep them simple but pretty.  I have a half a dozen to be knitted in the coming weeks and expect even more request.  When it comes to knitting, all I need is some sweet music, candle light and tea and I am good to go. :)  I also have a lovely triangle scarf/shawl on the needles which I hope to finish not long from now.  Knitting is one of those little delights that make me smile.

Continue to delight in the things that make you happy and I promise to do the same. :)   Take care dear friends.  Will chat with you soon♥

Smiles♥

Beverly

14 comments:

Magnolia Tea said...

Hello Beverly! It's good to hear that you are enjoying the season. I think it's a favorite with a lot of us. The pictures are gorgeous!
Your knitting sounds just wonderful! That's exactly how I love to unwind from a day of working around the house. Have a wonderful week!
Your Southern friend in the foothills,
Toni

Becky K. said...

This is my favorite time of the year. It makes my eyes happy and the crisp, fresh air is delightful.

Glad to hear that you are well and enjoying this time of the year.

Chris said...

Beverly dear, so wonderful to see a post from you! I'm glad you are enjoying fall and getting some time to be creative.

Blesses & Hugs, Chris

P.S. I wore a pair of the earrings you gifted me to church today and got loads of compliments! I never wear them without thinking and praying for you.

Anne said...

How beautiful is autumn! Your photos make me imagine that sun colours are captured by autumn leaves, it's really wonderful! Thank you to share such pictures.

I wish you a quiet time knitting; you have a very good taste and I am sure that you will make a lot of nice things.

Enjoy a beautiful and happy week!
:)
Anne

Tracy said...

So happy to see you here, Beverly! And delighted by these wonderful autumn images. The leaves are turning fast here. We had frost last week, and even a bit of ice one morning--yikes! Not ready for all the cold yet...LOL... I've been knitting too. In fact, I just posted on a project using some yarn you so kindly sent me a while back--a poncho! Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Marilyn said...

Love leaves of autumn. I don't really knit, but saw some slippers that I am tempted to try. Hummmm? Maybe I will give the pattern to my knitting daughter along with some yarn, that would solve that. Happy Autumn!

Jeanne said...

http://jeannesblissblog.blogspot.com/
Come to see me at my new blog.
I love you and love all you share.
Love Jeanne

Christina said...

so very beautiful.
xo

Judy Hartman said...

Beverly, you and your blog are a delight to me. When I come here I always find beauty, gorgeous photos and lovely thoughts. Thank you for being so supportive of me and my work. We certainly go way back with our blogs and our friendship, don't we?
The recipients of your scarves will be lucky folks indeed! Here's wishing you peaceful times as you smile and knit, and a lovely rest of the autumn season!
Take care.

Anonymous said...

http://jeannesblissblog.blogspot.com/

Beautiful my lovely friend.
Happy Sunday

Wild Rose said...

What beautiful autumn colour Beverley. The colours are almost gone here and this morning we awoke to the first taste of winter ~ yes, snow! We've had snow, sleet, hail and wind interspersed with sunshine...have a lovely weekend.

Marie x

lucy said...

What a delightful season to cuddle in and knit to your hearts contents with some tea! I can swear we are doing the same thing on our ends! Happy Autumn Beverly.

Tisha said...

Fall is my favorite season. Beautiful color, comfortable days, and cool crisp nights. It's time for steaming bowls of soup or chili, and a toasty fire.

Bluebell Woods said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful colour
Janice