Saturday, August 27, 2011

delighting in the little things......


Hello friends!  How happy am I to be here!  Are little signs of Autumn peaking its head in your neighborhood.  I am feeling and seeing little subtle signs....cooler mornings and evenings and even a few fallen leaves.  I am so ready for lovely Autumn how about you.

Do you believe that a daily practice of gratitude and thanksgiving make for a happier heart.  I truly believe it does.  According to "Webster Dictionary", gratitude is the state of being grateful; thankfulness.

I remember as a little girl Mom would often remind us kids to be "thankful".  As a little one I really didn't comprehend the fullness of her reminder, I simply wanted what I wanted.:o)  Mother knew just how fortunate we were even in mist of not having very much and reminded us kids of that fact.  I now see clearly what mother was trying to teach, and presently teach the same to others.  Let us not my friends forget to give thanks each and everyday for the goodness in our lives.  Oh and while giving thanks, lets us not forget about the little things we sometimes take for granted...a hot cup of tea, a smile from your hubby, a warm blanket or a call from a friend.  Gratitude and thanksgiving is a good thing!:o)

Hope each and everyone of you are enjoying a lovely day!  Chat with you soon♥

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.

Psalm 9:1 (ASV)

Smiles♥

Beverly

12 comments:

Anne said...

Yes, Beverly, you are right. Even when a disappointment happens, we can learn something new about that and feel grateful for that knowledge. Thank you very much to let us remember this way of wisdom.
Enjoy a happy sunday and next week!
Anne

Marianne said...

After my mom died, I realized I lost a lot, but also there was a lot to live for. I was grateful for that.
Autumn is creeping up here too. The days are shorter and the plants in our garden are preparing for autumn.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

This is just what I needed. My heart is so full of thanksgiving for all the Blessings we have been given.

Inspiration from Nature said...

You are so right. Gratitude and thanksgiving is a good thing. We must keep in mind to be grateful to enjoy the smallest things we have, enjoying the life, not to covet what we cannot have. If people "stick" to this, the world would be much easier, right?

A beautiful post.

Tracy said...

Hi, Beverly! Oh, yes, GRATITUDE is a daily ritual here... saying thank is a prayer we can do at any time. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Marilyn said...

As the nights cool down, I am thankful for a purring kittie laying by my feet and warming my hands on a cup of freshly brewed tea.

Louise said...

Hi Beverly,
Just discovered your blog and I felt totally at home. I thank God each and every day for the day that has passed and the ones to come. I am mainly a quiltmaker for the last 36+ years. I stitch to some extent just about every day. I am also a bear collector. I was making them for a few years but gave it up to devote more time to my quilts. Thank you for such a heartwarming blog. I will visit again..

Sharon said...

So thankful that God has given me a ministry with college girls. There are such a mess... but that is why I am so thankful God has prepared me in my life to be able to serve them in time of need.

Autumn is definitely NOT creeping in here in the sub-tropics; but then, you praobaly already knew that. :) Rainy season and hurricane season last through Nov. 30. After that we may see a bit of dip in temperature; hopefully in the 70's. We are still in the mid 90's now... but no complaining. God is good!

Magnolia Tea said...

Amen Sister! I wake up everyday thankful and praising the Lord for His mighty goodness to me and my family.
I hope these last days of summer are treating you kindly. We're hoping for a change in temperatures very soon. Have a great weekend!

Helmbunch said...

Hi Beverly,

Remembering my thankfuls is how I get through those "character building days." I am thankful someone else feels the same about gratitude as I do.

Have a Joyfilled weekend with your family!!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Have a wonderful week-end...m...

YayaOrchid said...

Thank you for the sweet reminder of those little things we take for granted. Have a beautiful weekend my friend!