Monday, November 8, 2010

simple......


November is the month when so many of us stop to give thanks for the abundance of blessings in our lives.  It is also a time when I begin to think of sweet little handmade gifts to share with family and friends.   One of these little gifts are lavender filled cotton muslin bags.  These little bags are so easy to make and share and we all know just how wonderful lavender is!:o)  All you need to do is pour and tie, that's it!  The fragrance of these lavender buds from Provence are amazing and can be purchased here.  My supply is nearly a year old and the fragrance is beautiful as ever.




 I love these little all natural mill cloth muslin bags.  Do any of you remember the "gold nugget" bubble gum that came in these little bags we would enjoy as children.   Well these are the same little bags, yep the same ones.  They even came with the yellow/gold little string.  The bags can be found here.

Simply remove the cords, fill the bags, tie a sweet little bow using some jute or ribbon, add a  little button and you are done.  Simple, sweet and wonderful to share.  I plan to make quite a few of these for the holidays in lavender and with a spiced apple potpourri, just perfect for the holiday season.:o)

It really is the little things that sometime bring the most joy.  Take care and chat with you soon.

Smiles♥

Beverly

16 comments:

Becky K. said...

Beverly,
Those are sweet, indeed. What a fabulous idea. I do remember the gum pieces that came in these bags. We were so delighted when we were allowed to get some.
Becky

Natalie said...

This is such a dear post... so typical You... sweet and friendly.

I loved those gold nugget bubble gum, and the bags!So, where can I get my hands on gold-gum bags?

Judy Hartman said...

What a pretty gift and the photographs shown here are beautiful! Thank you for sharing, Beverly!

Marianne said...

What a lovely idea and pretty gifts. I love the photo's.
Thank you!

Hélène GLEHEN said...

Being French I never learned about those little bags but they look nice. The photos are beautiful and all look elegant and sophisticated.

All the best

Auntie Bliss said...

Adorable! I do remember those little bags of gum :)

Tracy said...

I can almost smell the lavender through the screen, Beverly...mmm... Those are so lovely! Your photos are really looking good too thesedays...so soft... Happy Days ((HUGS))

Anne said...

What a lovely idea! It seems to be simple but you make them with care and very good taste, so they are delicate and refined.
Have a nice week!
Anne

Jeanne said...

Much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne

Marilyn said...

Beautiful idea and love your little bags of sweet smelling lavender.

Deanna said...

I love the sweet bags of Lavender and I can imagine how lovely the scent is. I love the little button detail!

I would love to buy some of the spiced apples bags...let me know when you have them available!

Deanna :D

Christina said...

these bags are adorable!
thinking of you, my friend.
xo

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I adore these. I can smell them now. How are you my dear friend. So much to be thankful for this month. I am thankful and Blessed to know you...m..

Charlotte said...

Beverly, Simply beautiful. I love growing different types of lavendar just so that I can make simple gifts just like this.

Hugs,
Charlotte

Ki said...

I could almost smell the lavendar as I read your post. You are such a sweet and giving person. And thanks for sharing the link of where you purchased your lavendar buds. I've been (unsuccessfully)searching my hometown for some and had just decided on trying to grow some myself. I will place my order on that etsy site. I need it to make a pillow for my bedroom door and a couple for gifts. I love the smell of lavendar. Thanks again

bj said...

Those are the sweetest things I've ever seen...thanks for telling us about them..