Monday, September 27, 2010

syrenity rose......

Hello all!  Hope each of you enjoyed a beautiful weekend and wishing you a lovely week ahead.   I certainly enjoyed my little break and manage to use my time pretty wisely I think.:o)  Many of you know just how much I adore the beautiful rose.  I have adoration for many flowers, but oh the beautiful rose is certainly nearest and dearest to my heart.  So lately in the studio, among other things,  I have been making some very pretty rose jewelry like the earrings above.  These earrings were made using vintage mother of pearl buttons from my stash and to that I added some lovely resin roses.  I cannot wait to share with you all the new rosey ideas I have come up with!:o)


I promise to share more pics with you soon!  I also have lots of new knitting projects in the wings.  I purchased new yarn on yesterday for Honey a new hat and scarf for the coming cooler weather.  I have been wanting to try Lion Brand's newest line the LB collection. The yarn is a beautiful pure virgin wool and it feels wonderful!  I cannot wait to see how it knits up.  I've used very few Lion Brand yarns, but this one I thought I must try.:o)  What new projects do you have in the wings.   I would love to hear all about them.  Take care my friends!  I can hardly wait to pay each of you a visit!♥

Smiles♥

Beverly

11 comments:

Becky K. said...

Beverly,

Those are simply beautiful and classic pieces. Your love of roses shows.

Hope you have a blessed day.

Becky K.

Tea said...

Hello Beverly! It's wonderful to see you back in blogland again. :)

Those roses are absolutely gorgeous! You have a way with them, for sure. The ring is beautiful, too!

I hadn't heard about the new LB yarn. I'll have to check that out. Can't wait to see more jewelry pics and hear about the knitting.
Have a great week!
Toni :)

Anne said...

Hello, Beverly. I am very happy to read you again. Your jewels with roses are romantic and delicate. Congratulations for your ideas and the way you realize them!

You ask about our new projects: mine are "in progress" for the moment. I have to search and read documents before beginning my next artworks, because I need scientific informations. My preoccupation is about the links between human life and contemporary science and I'd like to explore them on a fantastic way both being funny and making people think about what could happen, but not judging, just asking questions. It's necessary for me to read and learn a lot and, after, I hope to be able to imagine a story and an artistic installation, as I did for my two precedent works.

I wish you a beautiful week!
Anne

Hélène GLEHEN said...

Hello Beverly,
So you were very busy but it was for the best.
Your new range of rings are beautiful and romantic. I like particularly the first one with the vintage button and white rose. Very creative.

We only to have to wish you a lot of success with your new shop.

Jeanne said...

Much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne

Wild Rose said...

Like you, I adore roses. Your creations are so pretty.

I have all sorts of creative projects in mind, in addition to my coastal cross-stitch (definitely a work in progress!) and I have just completed a sweet little cardigan for my niece.

Have a lovely week.

Marie x

Marilyn said...

Very pretty rose projects!

New projects? I am not sure. I am working on photography for a tea related book and hope soon to pick up an old quilt project, plus making charms to give at Christmas. Multiple tasking, I guess you could say.

Shell said...

Wow, your roses are simply beautiful. I'm impressed with your artistry.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

These are sure to sell out. They are elegant and classic. You can never go wrong with roses. These are just delightfully beautiful. The ring is fantastic. I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!!!
Thanks so very , very much for you very kind words. Please know that I take them to heart. Words are so very precious to me. I am so very careful with what I have to say in this hour. Thank you so much those very kind words and I believe they are coming from the heart. God bless you and make His awesome face to shine upon and give you peace. I so appreciate you.
Thanks again and again.
V

Tracy said...

LOVELY roses, Beverly! You are the Rose Queen! ;o) Those earrings are especially sweet...mmmhhhmmm... I'll be excited to hear/see about your new knitting. I love the Lion Brand yarns and have used many of them to great result--the offer great value & quality for price. We're just back from an impromptu trip, so catching our breath, doing laundry & all sorts, and checking in with everyone. I'm itching to get back to creating--and have knitting, crochet and painting on the agenda...can't wait to dig in! Happy Weekend ahead, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Oh I have so missed you my friend. i am so very glad you enjoyed your break. The rose pieces are simply stunning...m...