Sunday, August 15, 2010

a woman of strength.......


I so enjoy those moments of looking back through all the poems I have collected over the years.  I can spend hours just browsing through them and reading as though it was my first time.  A lovely poem or a beautiful sentiment never grows old or tiring.   "A Woman Of Strength" is certainly one of those I never tire of.  Read it slowly, intentionally and I think you would agree, a woman of strength is certainly a woman to be.


 A Woman Of Strength

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape...
a woman of strength kneels in prayer to keep her soul
in shape...

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything...
a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear...

A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her...
a woman of strength gives the best of her to everyone...

A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the 
future...
a woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be God's
blessing and capitalizes on them...

A strong woman walks sure footedly
a woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls...

A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face...
a woman of strength wears grace...

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the 
journey...
a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey
she will become strong.

Author Unknown


I plan to share a few more poems with you this week.  I hope you enjoy them.  Take care each and everyone of you and enjoy a most lovely week.

Smiles......

Beverly

14 comments:

Anne said...

A beautiful poem which is also a lesson of life. I am sure you are "a woman of strength", Beverly. Thank you to publish such a poem that we can read for meditation.
I wish you a beautiful week.
Anne

Tracy said...

Great, uplifting word for us to take into the week... thank you, Beverly! :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Becky K. said...

How wonderful.

Sometimes I feel the strength wavering. So glad to know the source of the strength.

Thanks for sharing this today.

Becky K.

Judy Hartman said...

This poem is wonderful, Beverly. I am printing it out so that I can read it often. This is what I aspire to.
Thank you!

Marilyn said...

This definitely goes along with my Monday series right now. Wonderful words. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Oh my what a beautiful piece. Have a great Monday....m....

Gloria said...

Hi Beverly. That is a beautiful poem. I loved it. Just stopped by to say hi and have a great week. Take care.

Helmbunch said...

Wow, I loved this poem. It gives me hope that I am on the right track and fills me with joy just to read it. May the Lord bless you this week.
Hugs
Cheryl

Karen June Miller said...

This is beautiful and so profound! And, this is so relevant to where I am right now. Thanks so very much for sharing, Beverly!

Smiles, KJ

Juniper Hill Antiques said...

You inspire me! I have just given you the “Lovely Blog Award”, you can find the link here! Thanks for your great blog! http://juniperhillantiques.blogspot.com/2010/08/aweome-i-just-recieved-lovely-blog.html

Nan said...

This was really wonderful, Beverly. I've not read it before. Thank you.

Betty Jo said...

Beautiful Beverly. So sorry I've not been around much. I'm in the midst of a move again and it's really hectic.

Amy said...

Hi Beverly....such lovely and healing words for any woman...but especially me. They were good medicine, and like another reader, I am printing them for daily inspiration.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Love,
Amy

Debbie said...

HI BEVERLY...
I HOPE YOU DIDN`T MIND ME LEAVING YOU A COMMENT!
THANKS FOR SHARING THIS BEAUTIFUL POEM...
BY THE WAY...YOU MAKE BEAUTIFUL JEWELLERY!
I WILL BE BACK FOR MORE POEMS AND FOR MORE BEAUTIFUL AND INSPIRING PHOTOS!

DEBBIE MOSS