Tuesday, August 10, 2010

something old, something new


Hello all!  Hope your weekend was a lovely one and your week thus far is more of the same.  As I sit here in my little studio looking out the window, what a  beautiful summer day.  The clouds big and puffy white, the breezes warm and gentle.  On days like this I often find myself spending way too much time in the window, I am just drawn there:o)  I love watching the little birds going about their day without a care in the world.  Ever notice just how much more grander their songs in summer.  Just a few days ago, a sweet little bushy tailed squirrel was having a wonderful time in the tree right outside my window.  It would scamper up and down the tree and played on the branches for the longest time.  I strive each day to be more like these sweet little critters, to simply enjoy the simple pleasures our Father has so graciously and unselfishly given to each of us.

It will be a busy week in my little studio.  I am working to complete a custom bridal order for a lovely bride to be.  She has been a dream to work with.   When working on bridal orders, one often thinks of the day she said "I Do".  My wedding was small, me in a pretty pink dress with tiny sequins around the collar and Honey in his uniform.  That was over thirty-seven years ago with a love that grows more and more each day.  Marriage is honorable and beautiful in the eyesight of our Lord, it is indeed a good thing.  Enjoy a most lovely week each and everyone of you.

Who can find a virtuous wife?
For her worth is far above rubies.
The heart of her husband safely trust her;
So he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
all the days of her life.

Proverbs 31: 10-12 (KNJV)



Smiles.......

Beverly

13 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, dear friend, I just had to stop by and see what you've been up, LOL! Very busy, I see. Working as always with so much beauty and a song in your heart. Wishing you a wonderful week!

Blissitydoodah said...

The little bears drew me in! A wedding, huh? Cool! Make her pretty!
I just came from Mary's...she was about to make a key lime pie! Shhh!

Marilyn said...

Lovely post and really enjoyed the picture.

Anne said...

"Thirty-seven years ago with a love that grows more and more each day": congratulations and thank you for giving such an example of love and hope for all the people. It is a proof of what a great love can be and it is really so beautiful!
I understand you while taking time to look at birds and listening to them. Before living at the country, I lived in town. When I settled at the country, the first thing I found really wonderful was to hear every morning the birds singing. It was so pleasant!
Thank you again for you post. Will the next one be "something borrowed and something blue?"
Have a beautiful week, dear Beverly!
Anne

Hélène Glehen said...

Happy Anniversary dear Beverly.
We celebrated our 33th anniversary in May. It seems long long ago and in the same time so close by.

Tracy said...

Such a sweet story, Beverly...*sigh*... And I like the idea of a pink dress for one's wedding day. ;o) What fun to be doing a custom bridal order--very exciting! Hope you will get to show us the pretty finished results. Wishing you a very happy, creative week, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

LESAPEA MUSINGS said...

How wonderful, Beverly. I love those bears they look somewhat vintage and I love anything remotely vintage. LOL. Good luck with the wedding, please take pictures. Thank you again for stopping by my blog, I'm glad you liked Lonny magazine. God bless.

Love Lisa xx

Tea said...

We must be kindred spirits! I love to sit at my window and watch the birds and the occasional squirrel; something I haven't had time to do lately but will soon, hopefully.

I hope all goes well with the bridal order; we'd love to see pictures - if possible. :)
Have a great week!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Wishing you much beauty this week...m..

Patty said...

Beautiful thoughts...have a blessed week!

Lynda said...

Weddings are always such a happy occasion ... ooh! 37 years!! Blessings to you and Honey and the love you both share. xoxo

Eve said...

37 years of wedded bliss? What a powerful example of a loving marriage ordained by God. I pray to follow in your footsteps.

You described your enjoying nature beatifully, I can't say the same about the chirping birds where I live. They are loud, scary and rude :D

Have a glorious day.

Becky K. said...

I was here soon after you posted but was interrupted and did not get to finish reading your post. I am so glad I came back. How lovely.

I am working on a wedding order, as well...punch cup candles that will be favors, the Unity candle and wine glasses for the bride and groom.
I agree that it is special to be a part of such a special day.

I loved hearing about your wedding. It doesn't have to be big or grand to last, does it? I'm guessing you looked beautiful!!

Becky K.