Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oh Beautiful June!

Hello all! Hope your week is moving along just beautifully. I enjoyed a lovely weekend and am having a pleasant week. A few of you know June is my birthday month and the lovely pearl is my birthstone. I love pearls and kept "Marvella" and "Monet" in business with all the pretty glass pearls I purchased in the early seventies and eighties.:o) So while on my blogging break a few weeks back I made a lovely pearl necklace and bracelet for myself, a little early birthday gift from me to me.

I am always so busy making jewels for others and thought it was time to make something beautiful for me.:o) Honey often reminds me not to forget about myself while I'm busily making and doing. I guess it is like the old saying "Everyone's hair is done except for woman who owns the salon".:o) Well I took out some of my best findings and went to work using beautiful Swarovski pearls and crystals along with lovely Tierra Cast bead caps, spacers and toggles. I have to admit, I had a wonderful time making these pieces and feel they came out just beautifully.



I've worn the bracelet several times and will be wearing the necklace soon. I couldn't decide if I wanted to string the pearls or link them. I am happy I decided on linking them, the linking allowed for a beautiful drape and also gives the pieces a more contemporary but dressy look and feel. This was a lot of fun and already have a few more pieces in mind just for me.:o) Have you given yourself a little gift lately from you to you? By the way, my birthday is June 23rd and will have been on the planet a whole 56 years.:o)

Smiles......

Beverly

14 comments:

Hélène Glehen said...

Hello Beverly,
You did a very good job indeed. The necklace looks exquisite and you must have enjoyed doing it, isn't it ?
I have never given myself a gift, but it is a thing I must think of...
Have a nice rest of the week my friend and do not work to hard :o)

Elvira said...

Ein wunderschöner Blog, das ich schon ganz lange verfolge. Sehr romantische Bilder.

Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland schickt dir Elvira

Tracy said...

Hi, Beverly! LOVE the jewelry set, it is just gorgeous! I have a "thing" for pearls too. ;o) Doing a little for ourselves once in a while is very good think...we get caught up in the busy, doing for others, etc. A little gift to one's self lifts. Oh, speaking of give, I'll be celebrating my blogiversary--I plan a giftie giveaway this weekend. Stop by if you can. Happy Days, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

Marilyn said...

I hope you have a delightful birthday. Beautiful pearls. A very special gift to yourself. I need to give myself a gift one of these days. I gave my mother a pearl necklace long ago and now I wear it. I do enjoy it. I even like to wear it with a t-shirt and jeans. They just make me feel special.

Amy said...

Hi Beverly...your pearl jewelry is so beautiful. I have only dabbled a little with making jewelry, but I don't think I have the knack. I love the addition of the green beads near the closure on the necklace. YOU have the knack :>

Love,
Amy
xo

Anne said...

Dear Beverly, your creations with pearls are so romantic and smart! Their soft colour and delicate brightness make me think of lovely books where you find romantic stories about young ladies, poems, flowers, lace and beautiful landscapes, as those written by Jane Austen.
You are right to take a little time for yourself to do pleasant things: it's also for the others, because when you are happy, you share it and the best for everyone is to see people we love being happy. I wish you a beautiful weekend.
Anne

Barbara said...

Happy, happy birthday!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

They are stunning!!!! You Birthday is the same month as our anniversary. We will be married 36 years the 22 of June.....hugs...m..

Judy Hartman said...

These beautiful pieces are just perfect for you, Beverly!
You certainly have a talent for creating lovely jewelry.
I think we all need to give ourselves a gift once in awhile - thankyou for reminding us!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous
Much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne

Susan said...

The necklace and bracelet are beautiful. Wear them in good health. You do beautiful work. Blessings to you.

Paulina said...

Wow, Beverly, what a beautiful pearl necklace!! A fitting birthday present to yourself, lol.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, it's much appreciated my sister.

May God bless your week

Wild Rose said...

Oh Beverly, what beautiful pieces. They are certain to give you many years of pleasure. I hope that you have an opportunity to wear them somewhere special on 23rd, as you celebrate your birthday.

Thank you for continuing to visit and leaving such supportive messages. Your thoughtfulness is so appreciated.

Have a wonderful birthday next week and many happy returns!

Marie x

Eve said...

Happy Belated 56th Birthday, Beverly! My birthday was three days after yours. This is such a lovely gift you've treated yourself with. Our husbands are the same, as mine often reminds me to make jewerly for myself too. :D