Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Knitting Simple......




Totally inspired by all the beautiful knitted cloths over at homespun living, I decided to knit a spa cloth for my self. A small simple knit can be so relaxing, and it also gave me a really good reason to use my new Lantern Moon needles! These needles are handmade of ebony wood and simply wonderful! The stitches just seem to glide along with ease.

For those of you who have used hand knit cloths know just how wonderful they are. Using my own pattern and pure cotton by "sugar'n and cream", knitting bliss.:o)

For you none knitters, if ever you decide to take the plunge into the knitting world I think you will love it!!:o) There are tons of online tutorials that will have you knitting in no time.:o) Take care all and enjoy a lovely week.

Smiles.....

Beverly

8 comments:

Anne said...

Hello dear Beverly! The model you are knitting doesn't seem so simple and I imagine that you have to count many times to change the knitting points, but the result is beautiful. Your new needles give you satisfaction: they are perfect because they are perfectly used as you do so nice knitting. I see on the photos that your work is very regular. Surely it means how you feel quiet while knitting.
I wish you a very happy weekend.
Anne

Becky K. said...

One of these days I will try my hand at knitting. It always seems so soothing to my daughter and friends who knit.

Becky K.

Tracy said...

LOVELY knitting, Beverly... I just love that soft cream yarn and the pattern is so pretty! I've been doing quite a bit of knitting lately, and hope to share more on it and photos next week. Happy Knitting, my friend ;o) ((HUGS))

Remember Me ~ Emily said...

Your knitting is so lovely Beverly! I was recently visiting my Mom in Hawaii ~ she is VERY ill. She took the time to teach me to knit while I was there ~ a precious lesson considering how ill she is. I will carry it in my heart always.

Wild Rose said...

Such a pretty pattern Beverly. I would love to have more time to knit, but as someone who started a hat before last Christmas, I fear it may be next before it is finished...that's if I can ever work out how to do the techniques described!

Marie x

Marilyn said...

Oh Lantern Moon. I know the owners and one of my best friends works for them. Their offices are near my home. You almost tempt me to pick up some needles.

Renna said...

Beverly, I don't think I knew you were a knitter. Maybe that 'splains the kindred feeling I felt when I first met you (so to speak). ;-)

I envy your Lantern Moons. They're on my wish list. I feel spoiled when I use a hand knit cloth. :-)

Maria Miranda said...

Loved your work.
Hug,
Maria
http://linguajandemportugues.blogspot.com