Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lighted Path.....

artist Helene Glehen

Hello! Hope your weekend was a lovely one. Mine was filled with dusting, cleaning dusting and cleaning some more.:o) The weekend skies were lovely and blue, the clouds so puffy, the breezes were gentle and sweet.

In my reading time I came across a beautiful statement written in the Zondervan Handbook To The Bible which read.

When people read the Bible things happen.
They see
themselves in new ways,
they find
themselves forgiven and healed,
and they are driven to go and do new things.

Zonvervan Bible Handbook


No man or woman can have a true encounter with God's word and not be changed. His Word is life giving, life changing. It causes one to see life and others through God's eyes. The Bible is one incredible awesome wonderful book!:o)

Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

Psalm 119:105 (NKJV)


Smiles.....

Beverly

9 comments:

Becky K. said...

I'll say a big "Amen" to this lovely post!

Have a super week, Beverly.

Becky K.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I want to add my Amen and Prasing God our father!!!

Gloria said...

...and I second the Amen! Hi Bev. Hope you are doing good. Just stopped in to say hello and wish you a great week. Take care. I love that rose.

Hélène Glehen said...

Your reading of the Bible has the gift of bringing serenity and confidence to anyone who reads your blog even a non-believer like me.

Everything seems so simple like that.
A big thank you for choosing one of my watercolors to start this message. I am honored, delighted and grateful. Thank you so much Beverly.

Have a good week.

Marilyn said...

Smiles back at you!

Anne said...

"No man or woman can have a true encounter with God's word and not be changed. His Word is life giving, life changing. It causes one to see life and others through God's eyes." Yes, you are right, Beverly, and I totally agree with you. Each time I read a text from the Bible it illuminates my day. It is possible to read on the morning and to keep in mind one sentence all the day long and, really, it makes a great difference. Thank you, dear Beverly for your post and have a beautiful and inspired week.
Anne

Kathleen Ellis said...

That is why it is called the "living" Word of God! It changes people and their circumstances!
Have a beautiful week!
;-D Kathhleen

Jeanne said...

Beautiful words my lovely friend
Love Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Happy Mother's Day precious friend
Love Jeanne

I love all you share♥