Sunday, April 11, 2010

Slow Dance......

Hello dear friends! I hope yours was a beautiful weekend a weekend that left you refreshed and ready to take on the week ahead. It was indeed a beautiful one for Honey and me. A weekend of simply relaxing and relaxing some more. No chores or work of any kind.....lazy days.:o)

Saturday afternoon we packed up the car and headed north returning in the wee hours of the morning. Time just seem to fly, but they say that's exactly what happens when you're having fun!:o) The ocean beautiful, the skies so blue, the weather perfect...an amazing day.

I wanted to share a few pics with you Honey captured Sunday afternoon. This area is called La Jolla Cove and oh how beautiful it is! At the end of a very long day Honey and I often drive to the Cove simply to enjoy the cool ocean breezes and listen to the beautiful sounds made as the waves gently hit the shore, beautiful indeed.

Sweet little baby gull his or her down is not yet white as that of the adult gull. I love the feet, so cute.:o)


The tide was out revealing beautiful rocks that are unseen during high tide.

Even the green of algae is beautiful! A deep forest green, it amazing how it grows on the rocks.


An adult gull enjoying the beauty of the ocean as she looks out over the water. With feathers that beautiful she has to be a girl right.:o)


There seem to be more hues of a very pretty blue green in the waters Sunday with areas of deep ocean blue, so lovely.

The weekend was indeed a lovely one, amazing what a few "lazy days" can do.:o) Enjoy a beautiful week my friends.


Slowdance:

Have you ever watched kids
on a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain
slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down
Don't dance so fast
Time is short
The music won't last

Do you run through each day
On the fly
When you ask "How are you?"
Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done,
do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
running through your head?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast

Time is short
The music won't last

Ever told a child,
We'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste,
not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
'Cause you never had time
To call and say "Hi"?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast

Time is short
The music won't last

When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....Thrown away...

Life is not a race.
Do take it slower

Hear the music
Before the song is over.

David L. Weatherford

Smiles.....

Beverly

10 comments:

Hélène Glehen said...

How wonderful day you have had. Sometimes we need these lazy hours to enjoy the life, isn't it ?
I like very much the poem you quoted.
Have a nice week, dear Beverly.
(if Honey took the pics, please 'congrats' him for me :o)

Becky K. said...

So beautiful.

Both the photos and the fact that you spend a lovely day together.

The poem is lovely. There is now music in my head... Thinking that is a song, is it not?

By the way...You'll never know how much your comments last week encouraged me. I highly value your thoughts and opinions.
Thank You.

Becky K.

Tracy said...

Such beautiful moments... I can almost feel that sea spray through the screen! Thank you for taking us there, Beverly... Happy Days :o) ((HUGS))

Patty said...

Oh, I could smell and hear the ocean as I looked at your pictures. My husband and I need a day like that and we usually end up close to where you took these pictures! We don't take the time often enough.

Thanks for sharing!
Blessings, Patty

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Through your words and pictures I could close my eyes and hear the waves as they splashed against the rocks and feel the spray upon my face. Hugs my sweet friend...m...

Jeanne said...

I love all you share
Photographs are beautiful and that verse is one of my favs.
Love you
Jeanne♥

Marilyn said...

Yes, I need to remember the slow dance. Lovely poem and I just love the ocean.

Anne said...

Dear Beverly, thnak you so much for this beautiful post. Your photos are exceptional: we can imagine the soft perfume of the fresh flowers, the birds (the baby and the "girl") seeem to be so close and confident, the sea between the rocks is really wonderful, we feel like if we were enjoying this seaside with you. I also like the poem: it is so true!
This week I am on holidays; it is a happy time for painting and writing.
Thank you again for making us happy with such beautiful posts! Have a beautiful week!
Anne

Shell said...

Your cove is beautiful...those pictures i felt i am right there. The poem is a lovely reminder to slow down.

Lynda said...

Days like these are precious and few. I could sit by the ocean and never tire of watching the waves come in ... these photos are so beautiful! I can almost hear the waves.

Hope your week is wonderful!

xo,
Lynda