Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!! .....Still Standing!

Happy New Year to each and every one of you! 2009 has come and gone. It held laughter, joy, tears, accomplishments and even sorrow. No matter what 2009 held for you. Take a look at yourself you are still standing! Just wish I could reach out and give each of you a big squeeze.:o) You my friends have been a constant source of inspiration and encouragement through out the year and for that I am truly grateful.

Before my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, I bow humbly giving Him praise and adoration. What a mighty God we serve! He is indeed the strength of my life, my everything. There is simply not enough space and time to tell of all of His goodness. He is the reason I smile, He is the reason I encourage others to cast their cares on Him for He truly cares for them. There is nothing more I love to do than to speak on His word, it fills you to over running.

As I was reading so many of the Christmas blessings and wishes from all of you, one of them read... "Beverly this year has been a rough one for you but you took it in stride". As so many of you already know February 13th 2009 I underwent surgery to repair my lower left mandible. My complete lower left jaw bone was removed and a new one built using the fibula from my left leg. Vessels were also taken to be used for blood supply to my new jaw. I went into surgery on Tuesday morning 9 a.m. and I was not awaken till Thursday evening. My doctors' felt my body needed the rest after such a long ordeal. I awaken to pain, a ventilator, a trach, wired jaws and a twelve inch incision on my left leg. My stay in the hospital was a long one. I could not speak and communicated using a little writing board while there. But oh my it is so wonderful to know when speaking to Jesus we need no words. He knows what we need before we utter a single syllable.

Mending has been a very long process. Although I am still walking with a little limp, guess what my friends I am still standing!

So to you, let 2010 be your year of seeking God with all your might, with all your mind, with all that is within you and I will continue do the same. Again, Happy New Year my friends! The best is yet to come! I would like to leave you with the words of the great Apostle Paul.


Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected;
but I press on, that I may lay hold of that
for which Christ Jesus has also laid
hold of me.

Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended;
but one thing I do, forgetting those things
which are behind and reaching
forward to those things which are ahead,

I press toward the goal for the prize
of the upward call of God in
Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:12-14 (NKJV)

Smiles...

Beverly

16 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

Amen and Amen!

Mary Ruth said...

I had a rough couple of years myself but I can't imagine what you went through! That was a lot of stress on your body to undergo that much work! OH my! I was cringing as I was reading your ordeal! I sure hope it all worked for you!
I really hope the new year brings more joy for all of us this year! Bless you for being a survivor, YES still standing!

Marianne said...

Hello Beverly,
Thank you for your kind wishes. I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful New Year in good health.
Big Hug,
Marianne.

Mary said...

Happy New Year for 2010. Hope it is a good one for you. I have enjoyed reading your blog throughout the year and love all your pictures.

Amy said...

Dear Beverly,

Thank you for such an inspiring post. Your words of faith only deepen mine, something I always need! I hope you continue to heal and find 2010 full of wonderful things for you and your family.

Love,
Amy

Blissitydoodah said...

I'm thanking God for what He did for you Beverly! I know it was tough and how sweet it must have been to have conversation with Him while you couldn't speak to anyone else. It would do us all good to have our mouths wired shut at times! HUGS to you!

Anne said...

Dear Beverly, may the new year be peaceful and joyful for you and all people around you. May God bless you. Your courage is an example. Your heart is so beautiful because it's full of God's love. Thank you to be you, Beverly.
Anne

Helmbunch said...

Happy New Year Beverly. It is a joy to read the blog of a fellow believer. I wish you a joyful and peaceful year filled with our Saviors Love.

lucy said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! I wish you joy and good health.

Jeanne said...

I love you
Happy New Year
Love Jeanne♥

Jeanne said...

I had no idea what you had gone through in your surgery my darling one.
big hugs and much love and great health in 2010 and always
I love you
Jeanne

Marilyn said...

Blessing for a 2010 free from pain and full of JOY and tea.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I cried as I read your words. You are such an inspiritation to me and so many more my Friend. You set one of the highest examples i know...Blessings...m.

Karen said...

Such a lovely post, Beverly.
Thank you and bless you.
Karen

Tea said...

Happy New Year to you, Beverly!
Yours is a wonderful testimony!

Wild Rose said...

Beverly, you are an inspiration. You have such a positive outlook on life and you share so much warmth with us all.

Wishing you health and happiness in 2010 and a very Happy New Year!

Sending a big hug back from Canada.

Marie x