Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Cheer!

Hello to each and everyone of you! Only a few days left till Christmas! Honey and I have been doing a little decorating and I wanted to share a few photos with you. This is our first year having an artificial Christmas tree. I tell you these trees have most certainly changed over the years and for the better I must say.:o) This one is beautiful, look so very real and came with lights! I love the smell of pine and knew that would be lacking with this tree so I made sure I had plenty of candles in a beautiful Christmas fragrance called "Christmas Wreath". It smells sooooo good and just what I needed!:o) We have not wrapped gifts as of yet, but will start to do so this coming weekend hopefully.

It is something so special about pulling out those ornaments each year and adding them to the tree. Each holds so many wonderful memories. This pretty ornament is new to the tree this year.:o) It is so pretty and the price was so right, only $2.00 for all this sparkle. I decided five was in order at this price.:o)


The beautiful poinsettia was my dear sweet Mother's favorite flower. Each Christmas my Dad would filled the house for Mom with beautiful poinsettias. Did they fool you, these are not real live poinsettias but they too are beautiful! I think Mother would have certainly approved of these.:o)

You may remember this chubby little snowman who has joined us for Christmas for many years now and Christmas just would not be complete without him. You cannot see it in this photo but he has on big black snow boots and big feet too.:o)

The new ornament came in two styles, this one has little jewels all around it. It is sitting right next to chubby snowman.


The camera did not pick up just how beautiful these fruit ornaments really are. They are some of my favorites for sure. Well my friends I will most certainly be back to share more with you in the coming days as we continue to prepare for Christmas. Enjoy as you prepare your home and your heart for Christmas.

Smiles...

Beverly

22 comments:

Becky K. said...

Beautiful! Funny, after years of using an artificial tree we are getting a real tree this year for our daughter, Chelsea's, sake. She really wants a real tree....

Merry Christmas!

Anne said...

Thank you, dear Beverly, for these lovely pictures of Christmas decorations remembering you your mother and sweet times.
The virtual snow dropping on the pictures is a good idea. You are very good at computers, congratulations!
This time waiting for Christmas is so beautiful and all the people think to be more patient, more open to others.
Have a very nice weekend!
Anne

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You home is like the lady of the home it is very Beautiful. CHRISTmas finds us thanking our God for so many blessings. My husband and I have been talking today how Blessed we are and have been this year....m...

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Oh I wish I could get my home to look like this LOL! It's just lovely! I bet your house looks like this he he he!! Great post! Wishing you all the joy and peace that come with knowing our KING at Christmas time. I pray that your Christmas is a most blessed and happy one!

Natalie said...

What a treat visiting your home at Christmas... I see a lot of thought and love reflected here.
Merry Christmas dear Beverly.

Martha said...

What lovely Christmas decorations -- and the memories. My Dad always got my mother a poinsettia as well and my mom always sent me money for my birthday and with it I always bought a poinsettia.

Hélène Glehen said...

It is nice to see your home so well decorated. One can feel you love Christmas and its "rituals".
Have a nice weekend packing your gifts :o)

Jeanne said...

So very lovely and beautiful is all that you share

clara said...

Your tree looks wonderful Beverly! I was nodding in agreement that artificial trees look (too) real. lol. I think the beautiful part of putting up a Christmas tree is remembering the wonderful memories and moments that each ornament holds.
Have a lovely weekend!

Do drop by if you can, I'm holding a giveaway.

Tea said...

Your decorations are beautiful, Beverly! Oh look! I've lingered here so long looking that it's beginning to snow!:)
How clever you are with the details!
Have a great weekend.

YayaOrchid said...

Oh, you have such a beautiful home! I absolutely love your decorating style. The tree is oh so pretty too! But please share how you've gotten those sweet little twinkles in your blog?

Marilyn said...

Delightful to see your ornaments. I can imagine the fruit is beautiful, they look sparkly and pretty.

Marianne said...

Your tree is beautiful. I love those vintage ornaments. I have some that we used when I was a child.
Those poinsettas are beautiful too. Nowadays the artificial plants and flowers look so real.
Have a nice week!

rosabeer said...

Your house looks great with the christmas decoration/

Merry Christmas.

Pauline said...

Dear Beverly, what a lovely decorate tree. Thanks also for sharing your precious memories with us, and I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your decorating treats :o)

Be blessed, my friend.
Hugs

Tracy said...

Hi, Beverly! Your tree is so lovely... it glitters and glows of nostalgia. :o) I admire you style of decorating for the holidays--it all looks so cozy and magical. We've done an artificial tree this year since we'll be away at Christmas. But sweet to enjoy a tree and treasured ornaments now before we go away soon. Happy Weekend, my friend ((HUGS))

Karen June Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen June Miller said...

I am so very behind on decorating. This was not my wish, but needing to work has swallowed up much free time. Your home is truly inviting, cozy, and friendly! Job well done, Beverly!

Huge hugs, KJ

lisasmith said...

Love the snow!! You have a beautiful home and a beautiful blog! it's so very nice to meet you!! blessings! lisa

Judy Hartman said...

What a lovely home you have, Beverly. And beautifully decorated!! The warmth and love expressed here reflect your spirit so well.
Hope you have a very lovely Christmas, dear friend!

Shenandoah bed and breakfast said...

The Christmas Decoration and arrangement is so splendid and perfect.Everything is just looking
lovely and beautiful.

Rose Haven said...

Oh my, what beautiful decorations!

Beverly, I've been out of touch...cuz I lost my entire Blog List!! I've been searching for people for weeks!! I'm so glad I stopped by Paulina's...you commented just before me!! Now I can come visit again!

~Blessings,
Jan