Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sweet Little Angels....


As I sit here in my little studio eyes still heavy with sleep, I am in complete awe at how beautiful a morning it is. I mean we have had many beautiful mornings as of late, autumn seems to do that just perfectly. But this one is amazingly beautiful. The air is cool and the morning sky is clear with the prettiest blue ever. The leaves gentle sway beneath the breezes as if applauding the beauty of the morning. Autumn mornings are like none other it seems. You know my friends each morning that is given to us is a gift. I often remind those close to me how important it is to consider each and every day as a gift. Not everyone gets it and far too many take advantage of it. So I constantly remind myself to cherish the gift of another day, hold it close to my heart and do something wonderful with it.


Are these the sweetest little angels ever, I just had to share them with you. They are the work of Susan Lordi and oh so precious. I gasp when I saw them and knew I had to take a few of these sweeties home with me.:o) The collection is called Willow Tree. The figurines are so peaceful and were designed to convey a feeling or emotion with sweet little gestures. The heart indeed does remind me of friendship. The sweet little one with the flowers, understanding and kindness. Out stretched arms, lover of all things and the sweetie holding the flowers behind her back, simplicity and charm. Visit Willow Tree, and read all about this lovely artist.


I sure hope your week has been a beautiful one thus far. I am taking it pretty easy this week and enjoying a little knitting and some reading. My left thumb has been giving me some pain. I think I made a wrong move while making a piece of jewelry, so I am going to rest it for a few days. Each of you have a lovely rest of the week. Chat with you soon.:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

13 comments:

Lynda said...

Beverly, I can see why you had to take these angles home ... they're beautiful!! The one with the outstretched arms is my favourite.

Rest and heal your thumb so it doesn't give you any more trouble!

Have a blessed week!

xo,
Lynda

Tea said...

Oh my goodness, those are beautiful figurines! And the one with the birds is especially wonderful.

I hope your thumb is better soon. You're smart to rest till it's better. A great week to you, too, Beverly!

YayaOrchid said...

Oh, I too can see the emotions the figurines depict. They are so sweet!

I really enjoyed your sage reminder about cherishing the blessing of each day. Hope your thumb heals quickly. ((((hugs)))

Wild Rose said...

Hi Beverly,

It has already been said, but these angels are so beautiful. I am certain that the sight of them reminds you to count your blessings.

I do hope that your thumb is improving ~

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Marie x

Shell said...

These angels are beautiful. I have been collecting angels for years, these have a special glow to them. Thanks for sharing.
Have a beautiful week, Beverly.

KarenHarveyCox said...

Beverly,
These are so lovely, and the way you photographed them is beautiful. I am browsing around your blog and all that I can say is everything looks so gorgeous. It was so nice to see your lovely words on my blog tonight.

Karen

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

They are so beautiful!!!

Tracy said...

How sweet are those angels! What a nice little collection of them you have, Beverly. I love their rustic, naive shapes... what joyful expressions they have. Thank you for sharing this sweetness today with us. :o) Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS9)

Marianne said...

Those angels are so lovely! I like the one with the red heart. Even though they have no faces they are very expressive.

Jeanne said...

I too love these willow angels
Love you

BellaBliss said...

You really described Fall well!
It sounds much the same as our Ky. fall only...we can smell tobacco barns firing :)
I am dying for you to see my tortillas today :)
(bet you don't hear that often!)

Anne said...

"Each day is a gift": it's so true, and especially when I read your text. You always find the sort of words which touch our heart. Thank you, Beverly.
The angels are very poetic. Every little one is made on an artistic way to make us feel the beauty of the life. I find this with the birds especially expressive.
I hope that you won't have any more pain at your thumb and that you will be able to do all what you wish very soon.
Have a nice weekend.
Anne

Marilyn Miller said...

I have one of these sweet angels for Hospitality, holding a teapot.