Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Little Something For Me!


Hello all! Hope you enjoyed a lovely weekend. Honey and I spent most of our weekend with cleaning, laundry and other little chores. We also visited my Father with a big dish of lasagna and his favorite garlic bread, he loved it! I tell you, my sweet Daddy is indeed something special and a little spoiled too.:o)

As you know I have been doing a little knitting and made these cuddly soft and warm scarves just for me. Like many knitters, you so enjoy knitting for others but sometimes you just need to knit a little something for yourself. I knitted at least a dozen of these pretty scarves last holiday season. A simple stitch knit on big needles with a luscious yarn, now that's a good thing:o)


I think this will be one busy week for so many of us. Thanksgiving is only a few days away!:o) I am so looking forward to visiting all of you and enjoying all your wonderful holiday recipes. Take care.

Every new day is a gift..
that is why we call it
"the present".

C. Winterle Olson

Smiles...

Beverly

8 comments:

Kelly@Keeping up with Kelly said...

thoses are very nice
i have so much to do this week, dont know where to start

have a great week

Anne said...

Beverly, you are very lucky to have your Daddy. I wish that you will have many happy weekends with him.
The word game with the word "present" is very poetic. Thank you for these citations that you give to us.
Knitting is a pleasant hobby: you can choose differents points, colours, and you can daydream while kniting.
I wish you a lovely week.
Anne

YayaOrchid said...

What lovely scarves! And I'm so glad you've spent some good quality time with your Father. I too am wishing you a great week leading up to Thanksgiving Day!

Marilyn Miller said...

Love the yarn you chose for the scarves, just beautiful.

azahar said...

Please take care of your dad when he is still around. Love him as he had loved you when you were small.

Tracy said...

Those are lovely, Beverly...beautiful colors! It's great to indulge a little and make a gift for one's self now and then--sweet! Glad you had a lovely weekend of visiting and sharing with your Daddy. Daddies are meant to be spoiled! ;o) Happy Week, my friend...and enjoy making ready for Thanksgiving ((HUGS)) Oh, if you get a chance to stop by--I'm having a sweet gift giveaway to celebrate Thanksgiving week! :o)

Hélène Glehen said...

Dear Beverly,
I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

BellaBliss said...

Wonderful colors! Aren't they fun to wear?!!! Little kids always pull on mine :) and I let them :) It is a portable blanket!

Spoil your daddy to pieces ...I sure would love to spoil mine again.