Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Leaves Of Gold....

Beautiful Work of Josephine Wall

Hello! Hope each of you are enjoying a most lovely week. Mine is pretty wonderful thus far.:o) I took a short little break from the studio and doing some reading, so relaxing. I wanted to share a beautiful reading with you from Leaves Of Gold. A beautiful book filled with the most beautiful prayers, inspirational verse and prose from some of the best authors both Ancient and Modern. My Dear Sweet Mother bought me my first copy of Leaves Of Gold many years ago and I have so enjoyed it. It is old with beautiful patina on its pages, I keep it tucked safely away and read from my new copy. If you are familiar with the book you know how wonderful it is, if not and enjoy beautiful writings it surely would make a beautiful addition to your library. Enjoy the writing.

GOODNESS

Did it ever strike you
that goodness is not merely a beautiful
thing, but by far the most beautiful thing
in the whole world? So that nothing is to
be compared for value with goodness; that
riches, honor, power, pleasure, learning,
the whole world and all in it, are not
worth having in comparison with being
good; and the utterly best thing for a man
is to be good, even though he were never
to be rewarded for it.

Charles Kingsley


Smiles....

Beverly

16 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

What a beautiful verse! And that 'element'...goodness...so rare these days. But when you find someone like that, you treasure them! Thank you for sharing!

Anne said...

I don't know this book, but what I am reading on your blog makes me think it is really a precious book that people can read more and more, always finding something new and true.
Charles Kingsley's words are so beautiful! Thank you for this message, Beverly. Your kindness shows that all you do is according to this goodness of which writes Charles Kingsley.
Anne

Shell said...

A beautiful poem. Your Leaves of Gold sounds like a luminous book.
I am wishing you a beautiful week, my friend.

Pauline said...

Dear Beverly, that's lovely. So pleased you are relaxing and having a blessed time. Take care.

Hugs

LisaShaw said...

Thank you for sharing with us today dear one. I always enjoy my visits.

Love and blessings.

Jeanne said...

I love all you share
Precious and beautiful
just like you♥

Wild Rose said...

Beautiful ~ no wonder it is such a treasured book.

Have a wonderful weekend Beverly.

Marie x

Tracy said...

Hi, Beverly! This is a lovely post... and I must make note of that book! Happy weekend, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Lovely!!!! Have a great weekend my friend...m..

Hélène Glehen said...

Bonjour Beverly,
So kind of you to share this beautiful words that the most people should have to read and to think about. Maybe that will spare us of the disasters which hurt the world. Don't you think ?
Have a peaceful weekend, my dear friend.

Susan said...

Beverly..thank you for stopping by and commenting. So disappointed I did not win the earrings, but they are on my Christmas wishlist. You do beautiful work.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Thank you--wonderful quote! C

Vicki said...

Beautiful thoughts for today, Beverly. Thank you so much. I also love the beautiful painting. Thank you for stopping by for a visit today. You always brighten my day when you do! Vicki

Marianne said...

Hi Beverly,

Thank you for your kind comment! You asked about the 'snow' on my blog. You can find more information on this site
http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/12/simple-snow-effect-widget-for-blogger.html
Bye,
Marianne.

azahar said...

Our conscience is comprised of all the good values...but it is often covered by negative things such as our own ego, perceptions, etc that make us far away from those values such as truthful, friendly, sincere, helpful, honest, etc etc

We long for these values, especially now...

Whose are these good values?

BellaBliss said...

Sweet :)
I have a little Chuck Swindoll book I read over and over.
Those earrings you've been making are just stunning!