Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So Far...Very Good!

Hello all! Hope each of you enjoyed a beautiful weekend and are having a fabulous week! I must say I had a wonderful weekend and are having a most beautiful week, so far...very good!

I am now feeling that wonderful sense of balance!:o) The last few days, well weeks really, I have been organizing and reorganizing, making mental list and jotting it all down and finally it is coming together. I was in a place of knowing my desired direction but getting there was a different story. Taking the time to be still and quiet has been a wonderful thing, refreshing and very much needed. One thing I am most happy about is my reading day. Like so many of you I love to read and was just not getting enough of it in. Yes I was reading a little here and there, but I am one of those readers who can sit for hours with a good book, and a reading day is just what I needed!:o) I also love to do "word" study, and do a lot of that while studying my Bible. I will come across a new word and go wild finding out its origin, ways to use it and the works!:o)


Still a ways to go in completing the new look for the blog. I know when you click over to The Shoppe and "Sites To Visit" it is empty, but all that will change in the coming days.:o) I will also be posting on A Lilac In My Path. I have something pressing on my heart I would like to share with you there. So look forward to a brand new post on Lilac in the coming days!:o)



Thanks so much for dropping by and spending this time with me!:o) I will be doing some beading today among other things.:o) The ladies in my family are thrilled with my completed pieces and look forward to gifting themselves as well as friends for the coming Christmas holiday! I plan to place a few pieces in The Shoppe soon so you can enjoy too! Take care my friends and enjoy a beautiful week!

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true,
whatever things are noble,
whatever things are just, whatever things are pure,
whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report,
if there is any virtue and if there is anything
praiseworthy-meditate on these things.

Philippians 4:8 (NKJV)

What encouraging words, words I try closely to live by each and everyday of my life. The word of God is filled with so many wonderful ways to live a peaceful and whole life through Him. If it has been a while since you last picked up your Bible, dust it off and pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy! There is absolutely nothing that can compare with spending time with God's Word. Pray, it need not be a long prayer unless you are led to do so, it is through God's Word He is able to speak directly to your heart. So I challenge you my friend to spend time reading God's Word, it will change your life....He guarantees that!:o)

Smiles....

Beverly

18 comments:

Jardin de Campagne said...

Bonjour Beverly,
What beautiful words in this post. All things seem so simple and clear with you and I like the way and the spirit your pics are featuring : very neat, fresh, white, healthy. Oh, and I am happy to be the first one to comment ! Have a nice week, Beverly

YayaOrchid said...

(Sigh!) What a lovely post Beverly! It's so peaceful and serene and just makes me feel calmer. Thank you for sharing!

Jeanne said...

How beautiful my lovely friend.
Rabbit Rabbit
Love Jeanne♥

Becky K. said...

Excellent.
You do have such a way with words.
A great reminder to get into the Word of God.
Becky K.

Shell said...

I love to read myself. As life gets busy, I have to make time to read. I have a small gift for you on my Saturday post. I hope it brings a smile to your face.

Amy said...

Beverly...each word couldn't be truer or more meaningful to me today. Hope your evening is lovely.

Love,
Amy

LisaShaw said...

Dearest Beverly,

I look forward to the coming days, weeks of goodies you'll share with us until then enjoy the season you are in -- study "words" and reading days and all that you are doing in HIM. I'm excited to see your Etsy shop as you develop.

You have such a warm nature online I can't imagine the joy of breaking bread and fellowship with you in person.

Blessings...

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love the new header and look . This is such a good post. i love the idea of a reading day...hugs...m...

Marcela said...

Hi dear Beverly

I love the way you write :)
I love those white flowers, and I can't wait to see the new on " The shoppe and A lilac"

Kisses to you

Jeanne said...

Who puts out the shades of autumn lipstick?

Love you
Sounds so pretty with the gold
Love and hugs'
Jeanne

Tracy said...

Hi, Beverly! I'm so glad things are coming together for you as you want...and having fun along the way! I love reading too, and I was feeling much as you were--that there wasn't enough time each day for reading, so I'm working on that one too. :o) Can't wait to see what else will be taking shape here. Have fun! ((HUGS))

Pauline said...

Beautiful post. I am now so intrigued as to what you will soon be sharing with us.

Blessing to you too.
Hugs

Anne said...

Thank you, Beverly, for these sentences full of sincerity, open-minded and peaceful. I like to read several hours a day too and it's not always easy except on holidays. But taking time to read the Bible and to let us be inspired is such a good thing! All God's words make us see the good way in everything. Thank you again, Beverly.
Anne

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

hello Beverly,
thanks for stopping by and the congratulations! such a lovely post you've written here--I love reading too. Looking forward to seeing the new creations you come up with. Blessings.

bj said...

As always, your post is full of love, wisdom and serene.
I am looking forward to seeing things in your shop. I know they will be so pretty.
Love, bj

Wild Rose said...

Hi Beverly,

How wonderful to have the time to spend enjoying a good book. I try to read for pleasure, but I'm doing a tremendous amount of reading for study these days.

I love the look of your blog banner.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Marie x

YayaOrchid said...

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Labor day Beverly! Thinking of you, sweet friend.

Judy Hartman said...

Hi Beverly,
Just stopping by to say hope you've had a lovely weekend!
Big hugs,
Judy