Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Simple Things....


Hello to each and every one of you! Hope you are enjoying a most beautiful week! Just a few days ago our sweet and wonderful neighbor Jim brought over these breathtaking hydrangeas:o) Many of you remember me telling you about Jim. He loves flowers and has an incredible green thumb. Honey and I look forward to the weekly gentle knock of Jim standing holding yet another sweet gift of his flowers. It is moments like these that warm the heart.:o) He knows he does not have to, but judging from his smile it brings him great joy to share with others.

I have been spending quite a few hours in the studio as of late, a wonderful thing for I am getting things done. I will be ready for the coming holidays on time this year.:o) Going about my work gives me quiet time for reflection, prayer and giving thanks. I thought of many of the simple things that make me smile and had to share a few of those things with you. This is not a complete list nor is it in any order as such. As you read my list, think of those things that make you smile and share them with us.



gentle breezes
good conversation
beautiful flowers
cream in my coffee
a sweet cup of tea
summer fruit
candle light
a beautifully fragrant home

lovely old linens
long drives along the coast
bubbles in my tub
smiling faces
when honey says "i love you"
the smiles of my grandchildren
the wisdom of my daughter
the love of my family
a true friend

creating
walking barefoot
strawberry jam
cotton candy
sharing
a new book
an old book
writing
God's word
the perfect shade of green
giving

peace
seeing others happy
a happy ending
hugs
twinkling stars
big puffy white clouds
tea for two
autumn leaves
beautiful music
a newborn baby
my blogging friends

quiet moments
my home
teddy bears
a brilliant idea
accomplishment
a warm blanket
a gentle touch

I will share more of the simple things throughout the season. Take care my friends! By the way, there is a brand new post on A Lilac In My Path drop by.:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

22 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful words from your heart, Beverly...I've so enjoyed reading what you've shared.

God bless you,
Mary

Hélène Glehen said...

Beverly,
You are an happy woman because you find those simple things that make you smile. I don't know if I can find so much simple things. Here are some of them that make me happy :
sunrise
hues of the sky
a rose blooming
a bird singing
a walk in the woods
the light through the sleaves
the sound of the wind
my brushes with paint on them
sketching freely
receiving a letter
to be alone
silence


Have a nice rest of the week :o)

YayaOrchid said...

I love everything in your list, Beverly! But you were able to remind me of those things which I take for granted. :)

Becky K. said...

Beverly,

Jim sounds like a wonderful neighbor. The hydrangeas are lovely.

Your list is calming. Hope your day holds a special blessing for you. I expect it will because you take the time to notice all of the joys around you.

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Tracy said...

Such a sweet post, Beverly! And so are those hydrangeas--you are lucky with Jim and his flowers next door! :o) It is the simple things that mean the most, don't they. I can echo much of your own list. This day though my simple things looks like-- a couple of sweet hours creating in my work room, a card from a friend in the mail, rain tapping on the window, a hot cup of tea, how sweet when hubby will be home from work later and we can make dinner together... Life is good, oh, so very good! :o) Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Jeanne said...

I love you my darling friend
God's most richest blessings
Rabbit Rabbit♥

Tea said...

Such beautiful flowers! Oh, for a gardening neighbor, my, my, but you are a blessed one. :)

This post reminds me how great our Savior is who is mighty and all powerful, yet, He dwells in simplicity. Beautiful words, Beverly! Thank you!

JC said...

That's a fabulous list ...

Anne said...

What a wonderful idea, this list! You make us feel so grateful thinking of all what is happy, nice and friendly in our lives! Thank you to share these delicacy with us, Beverly. You are so kind that people who knows you, like your neighbour Tim, are happy to give you presents like these nice blossy flowers. In France, we call them "hortensia". Your photos make them very special with this peaceful blue. I wish that all your smiles make you be more and more happy everyday.
Anne

Lynda Naranjo said...

Such a wonderful list, Beverly! It really is the simple things that mean so much. Those hydrangeas are beautiful. Mine are all faded now but somehow I enjoy them just as much.

Have a blessed week!

xo,
Lynda

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, I do believe you've inspired me for a post similar to yours. If I do make it, of course I'll link back to you.

May I have your help with something? I notice in your shop you have your comment box set up different than you do here. I'm not sure, but I think it's called 'embedded'. How do you get it to work for you? When I visit blogs which have it set up like that, I am unable to post a comment. I type up the comment, but when I click submit, nothing happens. It just stays there. I'm hoping you know something about that. TIA.

LisaShaw said...

I so so so enjoyed my visit with you today precious Beverly. Thank you for always being a gracious host and friend.

Love and blessings.

Marcela said...

Hi dear Beverly
All the things of your list make me smile too :)
Visiting you make me happy and smile :)

Kisses to you
Marcela

the voice of melody said...

What a wonderful gift from your neighbor. They may be simple things, but these blue hydrangeas are beautiful! They actually are among my very favorite flowers. Those and pink tulips. Enjoy them and all the blessings coming your way. :)

Shell said...

I enjoyed reading your list. Your kind heart radiates from your list. Have a beautiful weekend, Beverly.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

The beauty of the the woman you are speaks in the list of things you love. Blessings my friend...m.

Vicki said...

Hi, Beverly,
I have just found your lovely blog via Ms. Pauline's blog. You see, I love tea time and roses, too. Your hydrangeas are so pretty. Your neighbor gets a lot of joy out of giving away his beauties. I also took a peak at your store, and I must say your earrings are just my style!! Thank you for sharing your list of things that make you smile. They make me smile, too. Come and visit me at Bunny Cottage. I love company. Blessings to you!! Vicki

bellaboo said...

We have so many wonderful things in this life to be thankful for,and your list reminded me just HOW many.I get so much joy from the simple things and family,friends,and my gorgeous dog.

Bellaboo

Bliss said...

I think I might could be at home in your home!!!
I heard about a sweet phone call :)

I'll add these:

children laughing
poofy white clouds
a long distant friend in town
a hot bubbly casserole
last year's jeans still fitting ;)
a good hair day
plans....something to look forward to
memories of sweet parents
lunch and a flea market
snail mail!

Love ya Beverly!

bj said...

Hi, dear one, it was so nice to go thru your shoppe today. Many pretty things!
I love your list of lovely things...
xo bj

Judy Hartman said...

The things that you have listed only reinforce my impression of you as a very gentle, kind and giving person who loves the simple things in life.
A beautiful exercise!

Deanna said...

So beautiful....I love everything that makes you smile.

Deanna :D