Thursday, July 9, 2009

Button Love!

Hello Hello! Hope each of you are enjoying a most beautiful week.:o) Mine thus far has been just wonderful. Still enjoying thoughts of the beautiful picnic our family had to celebrate the 4th of July.:o) Not only is it a beautiful holiday but what made it extra special is that it was my first big social gathering since surgery, and that made it so extra special!:o) I totally enjoyed each and every moment of it!:o)

That same holiday weekend Honey and I decided to do a little thirfting and had to make a stop at one of our favorite little antique shops. A tiny place packed with nothing but good things!:o) There sitting on the counter were two giant jars packed with nothing but buttons! Pretty smooth white buttons! After inquiring about them I found out they came from a company that closed their doors many years ago and the antique shop was able to get a hold of a large lot. Well I had to have them! They are so pretty I tell ya and I have thousands of them, all vintage!:o) I felt as though I had found a gold mine.:o) I love buttons and there is so many wonderful things you can do with them! I quickly brought them home and started the sorting process and made the sweet little button bouquet above!

I have so many projects dancing in my head for these litttle sweeties and also placed a few in my Etsy shop so many of you can have a little button fun too! But when it comes to buttons none are as beautiful as the Mother of Pearl from white to marmalade they are simply lovely. I keep them safe and sound in clear jars and in that way I can enjoy them all the time!:o)

Antique to vintage, buttons are just plain special.:o) I hope I have inspired many of you to pull out your buttons and do something special with them or for that matter start your very own collection!:o) Each of you enjoy your day and may it be filled with creativity, peace and joy!:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

25 comments:

With Loving Stitches said...

Thank you for allowing me to visit with you. I love your button creation! You inspire me to do more with my own buttons. I'm off to read more of your blog. I hope you'll stop by my place when you are able.

YayaOrchid said...

I love how you've sorted and labeled your jars. It looks so pretty!

Becky K. said...

They look so nice in those jars. What fun and creativity could flow with those in front of one.

Good to see you are doing well.

Becky K.

Susie Q said...

Button bouquet - what a lovely idea...and they are so pretty.

Susie Q said...

I also have to ask. WHAT do you use on your skin? You have the loveliest complexion...

Tracy said...

Love the sight of all those lovely old buttons collected in jars....you've made a beautiful presentation with them Beverly! I just love old buttons--there are so many things to be done and create using them. You've got lots of inspiration there! What great finds. So glad you had a wonderful 4th weekend last weekend. Hope this weekend will be a great one for you & yours too. :o) Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Jeanne said...

Love and hugs to you
Jeanne

Hélène Glehen said...

I am astonished to see what you can do with a few buttons. And what a lovely idea to stock your treasures in those jars. All seem clear, neat, perfect and inspiring. :o)

Blessings each day said...

Wow...you are so organized and you even make me want to get out a craft project!

How funny that we often get sent by God to a site that can amaze or touch us in special ways. In your profile you wrote about trying to 'make me a better me' and that is something I talk about all the time!

You have a very lovely site!

blessings,
marcy

LisaShaw said...

Wonderful.

Those buttons remind me of my Grandmother's sewing boxes when I was growing up. Love it!

Blessings to you dear sister. I always enjoying the beauty and gentleness of your blog. I bet your home is the same way because your heart is!

I'll be in touch...

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

What a lovely button bouquet!Just discovered your blog and it has been a joy reading all of your posts. Will be coming back for more visits.

Hugs :)

Irma

Amy said...

Beverly...I'm a button lover, too. I also love your idea of storing them in the canning jars. It's instant decorating, right? Do you sew, Beverly? My first thought was what a beautiful addition to a lightweight summer nightie some of those buttons would make. Have a beautiful weekend.

Love,
Amy

Lisa said...

Hi Beverly, What an adorable button bouquet - you are so cleaver! I have one old (light blue) glass canning jar that belonged to my granny where I stash/display my jumble of buttons...but I have say that I like the calmness of your sorted buttons in clear jars a bit better. 'Course, I would need a whole lot more buttons to mimic your idea...hmm...:)

Bellamere Cottage said...

Yummy! I think I began my love affair with buttons when I was just a kid....I have about a zillion....nothing outstanding really, but I love them just the same.

Blessings,
Spencer

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

They are so pretty!! have a Blessed Sunday...hugs...m.

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

oooh, button love! very precious; glad for your new treasures, can't wait to see all that you create!

Penny said...

Beverly,
Your button flowers are sooooo pretty, I just love them. May have to try and make some myself. I too use jars to store some of my prettier stuff. - I don't sort my buttons though I love the mish mash of colors all thrown together. Hope you had a good weekend.
Hugs,
Penny

Tea said...

Oh my goodness, the buttons are a wonderful find! And I adore the button bouquet. I'm looking forward to seeing how you use those beauties in future projects.

Judy Hartman said...

I love your button bouquets, Beverly, and the button filled jars with gorgeous labels! You are so elegant!
Thank you for your comment on my blog. I am busy purging me fabric stash, but will be back to making art very soon!
Have a lovely week!
Judy

Hélène Glehen said...

Beverly,
Thank you for your warm comments on my blog. Yes, Iris are my weakness, indeed. I love them very much. Have a very nice week ,too, my friend.
Blessings

Duchess of Tea said...

What a lovely lovely blog you have here. Just stopped by for a visit and fell in love with the calm and serene feeling I got. Unfortunately it is late for me. I will come back on my off day to read your posts and admire the beautiful photos. I wanted to sign up as a follower but didn't see the option. I will be back!!
Duchess xx

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

I love the button bouquet. How creative. Wow, look at all your beautiful buttons too.

I love to see jars filled with buttons and colorful ribbons-lol.

Duchess of Tea said...

I have washed and saved all my jam jars, now I know what to do with them, thanks Beverly darling
Duchess xx

Bellamere Cottage said...

Mmmmmmmm........how exciting! You've done up your jars so sweetly too. And, besides that, your pictures look like they came from a book. You do such an awesome job on photography. I always love popping in.

Blessings,
Spencer

GUGAW said...

love those jars!