Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Roses, Doilies, and Ribbon Oh My!

Hello! I hope your week is running along just the way you planned it! But if not, that is ok too because sometimes when we take a detour we run smack into a treasure. :o) I am having a good week thus far but quite busy I must say but wonderful none the less.:o)

A few post ago I spoke of tea dying doilies and promise photos, well here they are! Well not all the doilies but a little sampling of just how they turned out. The above doily I turned into a little pincushion. It was quick and very easy. I filled a little muslin bag with rice placed it in the doily and added a little rose and ribbon, it makes a beautiful pincushion don't you think. You can also fill the the little muslin bag with lavender buds for a lovely sachet. I have plans of doing a simple tutorial on tea dying and how to make this little sachet as well as other little surprises. Here are few more photos.




My lighting was not the best and showed shadings, but actually the doilies are do not have dark and light areas but are one beautiful shade. I will be making more sachets and pincushions with more elaborate ribbon work.:o) Thanks to the many of you who inspire me to try different things, tea dying is loads of fun!:o) Enjoy a beautiful rest of the week!

The Face Of Beauty

Grace, Wisdom, Thoughtfulness,
Kindness, Compassion,
Confidence...the real face
of beauty.

From the book Pearls of Wisdom
Smiles...

Beverly

20 comments:

Becky K. said...

How wonderful that turned out to be.

Takes me back to charming times of yesteryear. So sweet!

JC said...

I truely enjoy your blog.
Just wanted to tell you so that you knew.

Great Photos today

JD said...

Your pin cushion turned out quite lovely.

Jeanne said...

Blessings
Another lovely post

Deanna said...

Hi love!
I think you did a splendid job on the tea-dye. You must promise to do a tutorial for us. It's true what Becky K. says..."takes me back to charming times of yesteryear"

Love you,
Deanna :D

Inspired Tokens said...

How beautiful! I do always enjoy you work. Everything is always so beautiful and elegant! Very nice!

Shell said...

Your tea doily is pretty. I love it.
Thank you for your kind words and understanding words you left on my blog. You are the best, Beverly.

Judy Hartman said...

How pretty, Beverly, and beautifully photographed!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

They are so beautiful!!!...m..

LisaShaw said...

Beverly,

Absolutely beautiful. You put such love and care into everything including your presentation and I so appreciate that.

I can't wait for the tutorials etc you will share.

Bless you Sweetie.

Tea said...

Your doily has the best, rich, vintage look now! And it made a beautiful pincushion. :)

Hope your week is wonderful!

Hélène Glehen said...

A lovely, cute, pretty pin cushion. I like very much your photos. All the colors displayed are elegant and refined like your work.

YayaOrchid said...

Oh, I love lace and ribbon! They turned out beautiful! I can hardly wait for your tutorial on tea dying.

the voice of melody said...

How beautiful! I'm sure it is a lot of fun too. :)

Marcela said...

Hi dear Beverly

This is beautiful!!! I love it!

Kisses and hugs to you and have a nice week :)

Marcela

Tracy said...

Very pretty...just love how the pin cushion turned out, Beverly...it is so sweet and romantic! Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Marianne said...

The doilies turned out so well. Dying them with tea is a great idea.
Thank you for your kind comment.
Take care,
Marianne.

enchanting cottage said...

OH~~~ How pretty! You make the most beautiful things.
God Bless,
Ginger

Doug and Terrye said...

What a breath of fresh air :)

Terrye in FL

JamaGenie said...

I can picture that beautiful pincushion in a place of honor on my dresser next to other vintage things! You have a gift!