Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blessings.....

Hello friends. After a beautiful conversation with my sweet daughter, I began to in the quietness of the moment think on the many blessings that God has granted. My daughter has a way of reminding you of the goodness of our Saviour in such a sweet and wonderful way. She is my cheerleader, a total inspiration. She is also a kind and beautiful woman of God, one that always sees the beautiful side of life. Named after her Grandmother, Dovie is a name you will very seldom hear. Indeed she is like a gentle dove and many of her friends call her Dove.:o) She finds blessings in the smallest things and cherishes it. I have learned so much from her. She is a constant encouragement a very sweet soul. We both are dreamers and we have so much fun sharing them with one another.:o) We also know the real key to dreaming is enjoying the journey of getting there and not allowing ourselves to miss the tiny joys along the way. Oh my friends if I have but one message it is the message of blessings, gratitude and thanksgiving, a beautiful thing indeed.


What do you think of this yummy set of coffee and vanilla dyed tags! They smell so good and I even added a little cinnamon to their strings!:o) They are perfect in primitive art, collage, mix media, hang tags, for embellishing and a great gift too! If you have not yet stopped by Tea Time and Roses The Shoppe do so. Just click the pretty flowers on the sidebar. I have only a few pieces there now but more are coming!:o) In the meantime let us always remember to count our many blessings none are ever too tiny or too small.:o) Continue to enjoy a beautiful week my friends.

Blessings

the act or prayer of one who blesses
a grace said before or after eating
the gift of devine favor
good wishes or approval

anything that gives happiness or prevents misfortune
special benefit or favor

Webster Dictionary

Smiles...

Beverly

20 comments:

Shell said...

Dovie is a pretty name. She sounds like a wonderful woman.
These tags are beautifully rich. I know they smell heavenly.

Becky K. said...

Hi Beverly,

It is so nice to "see" you. Your tags are great. I would never have thought to scent them but love the idea.

Your daughter sounds like a great friend. What a blessing that you can speak so very highly of her and that you obviously have a wonderful relationship. I hope my Chelsea and I continue to enjoy each other as she grows older.

Have a great week.

Becky K.

YayaOrchid said...

I love the name "Dovie". I'd never heard it before. An apt name for a peace loving person. :)

Beverly your tags are gorgeous! I too had not thought to scent mine, that is a good idea. Thank you for sharing. I'm heading over to see what other goodies you have! I must find something for myself. :)

Amy said...

Beverly....the tags are lovely. Your daughter does sound like a blessing. My Emily is named for her gram...Margaret is her middle name.

Hope you have a blessed week.
Love,
Amy

bj said...

A beautiful post from a very beautiful lady.
Thanks so much for coming by..I love it when I know you have been there.
We are blessed, indeed, to both have lovely daughters..and I also have a mighty fine son. I am blessed to be their mother and I thank God every single day for allowing me to claim them here in this world.
xo bj

glorv1 said...

Hi Bev. Those are beautiful tags and I bet the scent of cinnamon is outstanding. I love your blog, it feels so clean and tidy. :) It's great. By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog and the nice comment you left. Very appreciated. Have a great Thursday.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You are a blessing to my life....m..

Tracy said...

Dovie...oh, I LOVE that name, that is so sweet and gentle a name. You are blessed with you daughter who is also your friend. :O) My mom & I have that friendship thing going on too--I feel so lucky she's my mom and my friend. Those tags are scrumptious, Beverly...love those. Can almost smell that cinnamon...mmm...Off to see your shop. Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

KarenHarveyCox said...

Beverly,
Your daughter sounds like a gift from God. It's always so wonderful to have a person in our life who knows the Lord and cheers us on in life. To have such a person as your daughter is truly a blessings.

I love your tags, they are gorgeous. Have a beautiful 4th of July weekend.

Blessings,Karen

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful name: Dovie! Beautiful relationship you have together and beautiful tags you created!

You are gifted by GOD with great talent.

I just popped over to your shop. I love the card with the bird on it! I'll be popping in and out and will make a purchase in August for my best friends birthday. I'd also like to work with you to do a giveaway on my blog where I pay you for something and have it shipped to the "winner" of the giveaway. Is that alright? Let's look toward mid-August...

I so appreciate the love you share on one of my blogs. You are a beautiful sister in Christ inside and out.

Blessings!

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

hello and thank you for stopping by my blog! very good to 'meet' you, please come again. I am enjoying the lovely items in your shoppe (especially the bird card). what great talent you are blessed with~~grace to you and yours.

KJ said...

This is soooooooo well said, Beverly! After talking with your daughter briefly during your surgery, I can amen what you said. It came through the phone loud and clear!

Your tea died items are lovely. And, I like the changes I you have made around here.

So, are we getting closer to my trip to San Diego? I have a sweet little gift sitting right in front of me.

Love, KJ

KJ said...

P.S. It is my Blogoversary.

Marianne said...

Your daughter sounds like a wonderful person. She probably is a lot like you too ;-)
Have a nice 4th of July (and weekend)!
Bye,
Marianne.

LisaShaw said...

Making rounds to share this special 4th of July with my blogging friends. Praise the LORD for our FREEDOM. Blessings to you and your family dear one.

Jeanne said...

blessings to you my lovely one.
Happy July 4th♥

Sandy said...

Hi Beverly,
Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
Blessings,
Sandy

Bellamere Cottage said...

Hi Beverly!

Your Dove sounds like such a sweetheart......And your tags are just too cute!

Blessings,
Spencer

With Loving Stitches said...

I would very much like your permission to put this on my blog if that is okay with you. It's beautiful.

Your daughter sounds like a beautiful young woman. Your tags are are so rich with color. I love them.

clarissa said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog tonight so much. It has been a real blessing. The flowers and quotes are so beautiful. I too am a christian, and pastors wife.

You can find me at ClarissasCottageArt.typepad.com