Monday, May 4, 2009

Sweetest Memories....


Hello my friends! I hope you have enjoyed a beautiful weekend and have plans for a fabulous week! With Mother's Day just a few days away, many are thinking of ways to show Mom just how much we love her. I too have had so many thoughts of my Dear Sweet Mother and the beautiful life she lived here on earth. There are not enough words to express just how much I miss the gentleness of her ways, her smile, encouragement, all that she was and is to me. As I have often said, I pray to live the life that Mother lived before her children. Her greatest joy was to teach and teach she did. Before both large and small congregations she would encourage so many in the faith. Speak her name and many knew her. She was simply known as Missionary Bryant a great woman of God. She taught that in serving Jesus there was no need for form or fashion....I remember her saying "When you love God you do not have to tell everybody they will see it in your life! "So do not go around swinging like a big bay tree trying to get folks attention...just live it that's all you've got to do". Now do not get Mother wrong she made it clear very clear that the gospel is to be shared, but she also let us know that a lived Christian life is a powerful witness.


Yellow marigolds was another of Mother's loves! :o) As kids we had the prettiest green grass and marigolds on the block! :o) She just loved planting flowers, but nothing compared to the yellow marigolds! :o) She neatly and happily planted and when the flowers bloomed oh how beautiful they were! Yellow marigolds would line the entire fence in the back yard! Mom was so proud of them! :o) Honey and I could not help but snap these photos while on our way shopping! There were a whole bed of yellow marigolds with tiny lavender flowers, oh how Mother would have loved these! :o) I thank my Dear Sweet Mother for all the beautiful memories. I truly thank her for her teachings and more so her example of a Godly life. Many tears have flown from a heart that misses her so, but through my tears I find myself smiling. How blessed am I to have had the opportunity to spend so many years here on earth with an angel. Each of you enjoy a lovely week.

This little light of mine
I'm gonna let shine
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Old Church Hymn

Smiles.....

Beverly

19 comments:

Becky K. said...

Precious memories.

God sees every tear you shed and loves you so much.

What a wonderful testimony your mother shared with you...treasure that legacy!!! You are blessed, as am I.

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, what a most beautiful post! It is clear you honored your Mother in life as now that she is gone. Your words are always so inspiring!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

When my husband's sweet Aunt was dying in the hospital we sang that song together. She had the most beautiful voice ever. She was also one who believe in living the life. I never heard her utter an unkind word about anyone. This was a beautiful post my friend. Your Mother would have loved it...A Big hug and blessings to you...m.

shelia said...

lovely...thanks for sharing!
this is my first trip to your lovely blog but won't be my last :)

Tracy said...

Such sweet thoughts and memories about your mother, Beverly...such a lovely post. Your mom is smiling. :o) ((HUGS))

Tea said...

Hope this Mother's Day is as lovely as the one's you shared with your mother!

Would that everyone had such beautiful memories.

secondofwett said...

What a lovely example of living that you mom left for you....as I was driving yesterday, I got a whiff of something and it reminded me of marigolds....a flower I haven't thot of in a very long time....I thot that people don't plant them as much anymore, which is a shame...they're such a happy looking little flower....one that we would often give on Mother's Day at Sunday school...ah , memories.

katherinemisegades said...

Beverly, I do enjoy the grace and beauty of your blog. Thank you for your comment on one of my blogs. I so much understand your comments about your mother. Memories of mine are dear to me too so I have blog just for her memory so her offspring can learn more about her. http://mamastory.wordpress.com/

Shell said...

Talking about your mom made me feel like I knew her through your words. A lovely tribute to her and what gorgeous flowers.

bj said...

Dear Beverly..
You do have the sofest soul and the sweetest spirit.
I hope you are feeling stronger by now.
Blessings, bj

LisaShaw said...

Beverly this is absolutely beautiful. What a tribute to the love your Mother poured out upon you. I feel the same of my Grandma and can't wait to see her again in Glory with Grandpa.

Beautiful photos. Blessings dear sister.

Marcela said...

Dear Beverly
Your mother must have been a wonderful lady !!!

I hope you are feeling better now.
Have a wonderful week
Your friend,

Marcela

Judy Hartman said...

This post brought me to tears. Your mother must have been a wonderful woman, Beverly, and that's no surprise, knowing what a sweet person you are.
Wishing you a lovely week.
Hugs,
Judy

Bliss said...

She has a point!
And a sweet legacy :)

Jeanne said...

A beautiful tribute
We all miss our Mom's so much that have begun their eternal life.
Memories live on
and so do the hearts that miss them so very very much
Love you

Anonymous said...

It's always such a pleasure to drop in and see your pretty photos. What a nice tribute to your mom.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

May you have a Blessed Mother's day...m.

Hélène Glehen said...

Thank you Beverly. Have a nice week-end too. :o)

Firefly Nights said...

We frequently sang "This Little Light of Mine" during the many years I was in 4-H and my mother spent many hours taking me to meetings and other 4-H events before I was old enough to drive. Like you, I was very fortunate to have a wonderful mother. I'm sorry everyone hasn't been as blessed as we were in this respect. I know you miss her.