Friday, May 29, 2009

Mother's God Can.....

Hello my friends! I sure hope each of you had a most beautiful week and a fabulous Holiday. Mine has been wonderful but quite busy and computer time has been at a limit. Even when I have those occasional computer down times thoughts of you are ever present.:o) Well it has been a few weeks since I have given you an update on my mending progress. I am doing wonderful I must say. I am still using my walker on occasion but most of the time I am moving about inside just fine without it.:o) I have a little limp but soon that will be a thing of the past. As to my jaw, I can now sleep on the surgery side.....oh what a joy! I still have sensitivity and weakness in my jaw and must watch closely what I eat, no beef jerky or jaw breakers! :o) But all and all I am coming along well. Thank each of you for your support and continuous prayers.

Like so many of you I visit blogging friends requesting prayer for themselves, family and friends. Many times I pray at that very moment and there are times when I jot the request down and pray during my prayer time. While sitting quietly knitting thinking on those I am holding up before our Father Mother's "God Can" came to mind. Of course I smiled, that is exactly what I needed. I could place all those request in one place, and for me that will be just perfect because I tend to have things written on many little scraps of paper and do all I can to keep them all together in one place. Mother's "God Can" was a wonderful little thing, just a simple little can with the words "God Can" written on the front and filled with folded prayer request. Many times while visiting Mom I would place my need for prayer in that little can knowing Mother would later be praying along with me was a wonderful thing. Mother would often remind us that God can do all things and there was nothing impossible for Him. I am so excited about creating my little "God Can" and had to share this sweet idea with you. I do not think Mom was the originator of this idea, but what a beautiful way to keep track of those prayer request. Keep this little can around for a while and folks will start to look for it, but most of all it is so wonderful to know that "God Can do all things and that there is nothing impossible for Him.:o)

If you read my last post you know I had plans to tea dye some doilies I had in my craft stash. Well I am proud to say they turned out well. My first tea bath I put far too many tea bags in the water. They were so dark and I mean really dark, but adding a little bleach to the doilies cleared them right up! :o) After giving them a good wash I bathed them again. My second dye bath was perfect! They look slightly aged and plain down pretty. I hope to take pictures this weekend, I can hardly wait for you to see them! I have yet to do the primitive tags, hopefully I can get around to them soon. The doilies and the tags along with other wonderful little things will be in the shop this summer.:o) Well my friends I better get to the chores I have lined up for today. Wishing each of you a fabulous weekend filled with peace and joy! And remember our God can do all things and there is nothing impossible for Him.


Without faith it is impossible to please God
because anyone who comes to Him must believe that
He exists and that He rewards those
who earnestly seek Him.

Hebrews 11:6 (NIV)

Smiles...

Beverly

16 comments:

Shell said...

I am glad you are healing from your surgery and getting stronger. I do look forward to your dollies. Have a beautiful weekend.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am so glad you are getting better. I love the idea of the God can. Have a great weekend..m.

♥Mimi♥ said...

It's wonderful that you are seeing some progress in healing from your surgery. You really have had a long row to hoe, haven't you?

A God Can...I like that a LOT! I love to tinker around with scrapbooking so coming up with a design for this delightful idea is going to be fun! Something to look forward to during the week.

I'm happy that you like the recipe I shared Friday of the pizza. There are just times when I don't want to eat meat. I want something fairly light and very tasty. This pizza works perfect! Enjoy!

Margaret Cloud said...

I am lad you are coming along nicely and hope you continue to heal.The TheGod can is a wonderful idea, I thank you for coming by."He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything." Have a nice weekend.

Judy Hartman said...

What a lovely tradition you are continuing from your mother! I love the idea of the God Can.
I'm so glad you are improving, Beverly, after that amazing surgery. Good to be back on your feet again, I'll bet.
Thank you for your kind comment on my Paper Pretties post. You would love my SIL Tracy - she gets so much enjoyment from stamping and creating with paper, as you do.
Have a lovely weekend!

Marianne said...

I am glad that you are doing well. Health is great thing!
Take care,
Marianne.

Bliss said...

Yes, so happy (and not at all surprised) that you are doing so well :) Hugs!
(And thanks to God!)

The God can is a very sweet idea. Love that you and your mom were praying for the same things like that.

Marcela said...

Hi dear Beverly

I am so glad that you feel better now :)
I can't wait to see all your new things on your etsy shop :)

Kisses
Marcela

LivingTheLife said...

So happy to hear you are on the continued path of healing...GOD is so good!

I have to say I love, love, love the idea of the God Can! What is more inspiring is that you shared this w/your mom and continue it today...what a beautiful remembrance of her and your special bond! I think I am going to make a God Can...and share it with anyone who may need prayer. This excites me beyond words...I can't wait to put this into place...such a loving idea!


Blessings...and thanks for sharing such a special tradition.

Teresa

c|ara said...

Thanks for sharing on the can of prayer requests. I think we did something similar years ago but have forgotten about it until now. :-) So glad to hear that you are mending well and getting on with craft endeavors too! Have a blessed week Beverly!

ryliej said...

May you continue to recover fully!

Becky K. said...

Oh yes! "God can!"

That is such a wonderful reminder.

I am so happy that your healing is progressing. What a long process for you.

It was also nice that you shared the entire process of the tea bag dying project. It is always good to know that while things take some effort the end result can be achieved and is well worth while!

Smiles on your week, Beverly.

Lynda said...

Hi Beverly!

What a lovely idea your mother's "God can" is! I'm glad you're feeling better each day. I'm addicted to tea-dying! Can't wait to see the pics of your doilies.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog!

xo,
Lynda

LisaShaw said...

Hello Precious Sister,

Thank you for your sharing for truly GOD CAN! Praise the LORD! Your message is very encoruaging and heart touching.

Keep pressing close to the feet of Jesus as His healing pours down upon your body.

I keep popping over to your other blog shop under construction! Can't wait!

Love you.

Tracy said...

Can't wait to see those doilies, Beverly! What a lovely post...so glad the power of prayer is with you. :o) So great to catch up with you here and your recent post. We're just back from our two-week trip, and now getting over jet lag. Thanks so much for you lovely comments and condolences--so much appreciated. :o) ((HUGS))

The Whispering Poppies said...

It is so wonderful hearing that you are feeling better, Beverly! "God Can"! I love that! There's a passage from the Bible I love (I've forgotten where from in Psalms) that goes, "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits; Who forgiveth all thy iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases..." I can see the joy you expressed when you wrote this post! =)

Now I also must tell you, that you have won my giveaway from hubby's shop!!! =) When you have a moment, please send me your info to stitchintyme9 @ aol. I will send your treasures on their way! =) Congratulations!