Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Little Things....


Hello all! Hope you are enjoying a delightful week! It is Wednesday already, but as the old saying goes "time does not wait on anyone" and boy is that true. :o) I am having a wonderful week and keeping busy! I am trying to catch up on all the little things that I have missed over the past weeks. Little things like catching up on all my blogging friends which really is not a little thing at all but a pretty big task. I must say I am doing a pretty good job but I still have many of you left to visit and I am having a wonderful time doing so! :o) I cannot begin to tell you just how much you inspire me! I am so enjoying your art, springtime gardens, your homes, wonderful recipes, crafts, thoughts and so much more....you indeed make me smile! :o)

Remember me talking of knitting little leaves, below is a few of my finished ones. I plan on knitting different textures and sizes. How perfect they are for attaching to a pretty knit flower for a corsage or simply place in a bowl to enjoy! I must say knitting these little fellows can be addictive! :o) For you knitters the pattern is very easy and a great little project! This tiny project allowed me to get back in the swing of knitting and turn out something wonderful!


Enjoy the rest of your week my friends! I cannot do yet all the things I wish, but I am finding so much joy in the little things. And guess what, the irises have bloomed right outside my studio window I think I will pull up my walker have a seat and enjoy!

The invariable mark of wisdom is to see
the miraculous in the common.

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Smiles....

Beverly

11 comments:

Shell said...

Ah, your knitted leaves are lovely and I like your new banner.
It is beautiful when the flowers and trees come back in bloom. I love spring. Glad to see you back to blogging, my friend.

YayaOrchid said...

I LOVE those little leaves! Wherever did you find the pattern, and could you share? They do look perfect!

So glad to hear you're enjoying things again. Can't wait to see what new things you'll create!

YayaOrchid said...

Yes, I also forgot to add that I really like your new banner!

Becky K. said...

Those leaves are perfect! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

Keep healing.

Tea said...

Little things sure mean a lot! I love those little leaves. And your knitting looks just perfect. Beverly, are you in ravelry.com, the knitting and crochet community? The resources are incredible.

It's wonderful to see you enjoying life again. :)

Nan said...

You are one of the most creative people I've ever known, Beverly. Those leaves are wonderful. So, so good to see you blogging again.

Judy Hartman said...

Beverly,
What a beautiful photo! So glad you are able to catch up with blogging friends. I appreciated your comment on my blog.
These leaves are so pretty! I can really imagine you showing these off to their best advantage. you have such a lovely style in the things you make.
Hope you continue to feel better every day.
Hugs,
Judy

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

They are so sweet. I love them. I am glad you are getting better each day. I know your faith in our Lord is and will see you through. Have a beautiful week...m.

Tracy said...

Love knit leaves are lovely, Beverly! I like how you have them gathered so simply--as in nature! And the new banner is beautiful. Glad you having time to work on new things will you become stronger and stronger. :o) Happy weekend ahead, my friend ((HUGS))

Jeanne said...

Beautiful
my lovely friend
Rabbit Rabbit

Renna said...

The leaves look so dainty and delicate, just lovely. I'm so happy your health is improving and you are able to once again enjoy being creative.