Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hello There!!

This feels absolutely wonderful!! Well spring has surely sprung and kicking off to a beautiful start here in southern California! Hello my friends! There are not enough words to express the joy I feel to be able to sit here this beautiful Sunday and share with you all! Oh how I have so missed each and everyone of you. I have thoughts of you daily. I have made so many beautiful friendships over the last two years. The heart of a woman is indeed a special thing. As I read all the sweet comments from all of the wonderful new visitors who dropped by to offer prayers, thoughts, kind words and encouragement it warms my very heart.....thank you so much. The heart of a woman is truly amazing! :o)

By the way, the pretty Gerber Daisies were graciously given to me by our sweet neighbor Jim. A wonderful kind and thoughtful friend of Honey's and mine. He is an avid gardener and admirer of beautiful flowers who has kept my room full of the prettiest daisies! There has not been one morning since I have been home from the hospital that I have not awaken to the beauty of these beautiful daisies. He seems to have them timed, for as soon as they bow their little heads he brings more! :o) Jim is not only a wonderful friend and neighbor but a dedicated teacher, a beautiful human being.

I must say, I have come such a long way since February 17th. I am feeling better with each passing day! :o) My surgery was a total of twelve hours long. I spent seven days in ICU and four days in a regular room. Going into surgery on Tuesday morning approximately 9:30 a.m. and awaken Thursday evening. My doctors decided my body needed the extra rest and did not want to awaken me earlier. During surgery I was also given a trach for oxygen emergencies for my new jaw was stablelized with braces and wired. Now for the trach and wired jaws, I did not like that at all! :o) It is absolutely frustrating trying to communicate using that little alphabet board in the hospital! :o) So I resorted to pencil and paper which was a little better. I was one happy woman when my surgeon at last cut those annoying wires so I could speak a little and with not much help with that nasty trach! :o) But I sit here today with energy, hope, peace and joy! My trach was allowed to close naturally and is almost invisable! The incision on my jaw looks beautiful, you can hardly see where it starts or finishes! :o) My leg was left with a eleven inch scar but does not look too bad I am starting to put vitamin E on it. If I ever get up enough nerve to wear a mini dress I will cover it with makeup LOL!! :o) I smile now, but indeed there has been many difficult moments for me. Oh my what would I do without my loving Saviour who never left my side, a loving husband my Honey, my family and of course all of you.

I am using a walker for I cannot put full pressure on my leg as yet and use a wheelchair when leaving the house. Now I must say a girl can get pretty spoiled just jumping in a chair and off we go! :o) The swelling in my jaw has gone down significantly. I can now see how wonderful it will look. I plan to put a brand new photo on the blog when the swelling is down so you all can take a look at the new me! :o)

I plan to go back to my normal blogging, visiting and commenting pace in late May. I plan to reopen my little Etsy shop sometime this summer. I thought it would be sooner but not so. I feel I need a little more time for leg mending time and no longer need the walker. So on this beautiful Palm Sunday I am thanking my Precious Saviour for His faithfulness. I love Him so much, so very much.

To all my new visitors, I will be by to see you soon....very soon! To my faithful blogging friends, it will not be much longer and I will be dropping by regularly to see you! Thanks to each and everyone of you dear friends. God bless each and everyone of you. As I have stated before...If you do not know Jesus, get to know Him. Your life will never be the same! :o) Enjoy a beautiful Palm Sunday. I will post again in a few weeks. Take care!

Beloved, I pray that you may
prosper in all things
and be in health, just as
your soul prospers.

3 John 2 (NKJV)

Smiles....

Beverly

39 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, how wonderful that you're back!!

YayaOrchid said...

I hit the enter button before I was done, sorry....

I just want to say I'm glad all that pain and discomfort is for the most part a part of the past now. Now, it's mending time, so take it slow and easy. We're all just happy to hear from you and to know that all is well. Take your time Beverly, don't overtire yourself. You've been through so much, and now just take time to heal and enjoy your family. We will all look forward to your next post next month. God bless!!

Becky K. said...

Praise the Lord! You have been through something so amazing and difficult but you are sounding great!

It is good to see you back.

The flowers are soooo beautiful!

Shell said...

Glad to know you are healing and getting your strength back. I can't wait to see your new picture. The Daisies are lovely. You have a thoughtful neighbor

Renna said...

Beverly, it's so good to hear an update from you. Despite the pain and suffering you've no doubt experience in all this, you sound so positive and upbeat; and you always give glory to God. You are an inspiration. (((gentle hug)))

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am so Happy my heat is doing flip flpos after hearing from you. I am glad you are doing so well. I will continue to pray for you...m

Tea said...

Good Morning, Beverly! What a wonderful surprise to hear from you. I'm so glad you are mending well and in good spirits.

The flowers are so beautiful! The colors are so vibrant. Thank the Lord for your good neighbor! And thank you for sharing your progress with us. :)

jAne said...

The fact you're doing so well is such a precious answer to prayer. God bless you as you seek Him with your whole heart.

Blessings,
jAnie

http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Judy Hartman said...

Beverly,
I can only say-thank the good Lord you are doing well!
This has to have been a very trying experience.
It is so good to read this post and to know that you are healing well. I will continue to pray for you and think of you as you continue your journey to complete healing.
God bless you, dear Beverly.

Tea Time and Roses said...

Thank you so much my friends. You are so kind, faithful, and indeed wonderful. I wish so much that I could line you all up and just hug you to pieces! :o) I thank God for each and everyone of you. Enjoy a beautiful week.

Smiles....

Beverly

Rose Haven said...

How wonderful to see you posting!!! I am soooo happy that you are doing so well!!! What a blessing it is, indeed, to have our SAVIOUR and FATHER!!!

I have been on a BREAK from blogging and will return on EASTER for a few things...a TEA PARTY on the 16th of APRIL, too...then another BREAK til the end of MAY probably!!

~Blessings,
Jan

ps...still praying

LisaShaw said...

PRAISE THE LORD!I'm so glad you are doing better each day. I pray for continued recovery for you in Jesus Name.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. The photos are beautiful.

Bless you dear sister.

Tracy said...

So happy to see you back here, Beverly! It was good to hear more about your surgery and how things have been going for. I am so glad all is good and you are recovering well. Take the time you need, and as always, enjoy every moment! :o) Thinking of you and sending healing vibes your way! See you soon! ((LOVE & HUGS))

Chris said...

Beverly, it is so wonderful to hear of your progress and that you are feeling well!

I am only now beginning my regular posting and visiting, so I know it is important to take your time.

Blessings, Chris

Jeanne said...

Blessings
It is so good to see you are healing so well.........Love you
God bless you real good
Love Jeanne ^j^

Amy said...

Beverly...I think of you often and am so glad to hear of your mending. You have had quite a trauma, and your positive outlook and faith are most certainly helping your recovery. I will continue to pray for you and your family as you continue to heal.

Love,
Amy

Connie said...

Beverly, my sweet chick, I've just heard about you from Jan over at Rose Haven. My prayers are with you also, honey. I LOOOOOVE that you're a crafter of beauty and a "photographer".....squeeeeeeal!!! I really like how you did that marigold in white. I'll have to try that with a rose when we get some this summer. I think you'd enjoy reading about our ordeal also honey. Go check it out and know that my heart is so full to bursting with the love of my Savior at the moment that it's hard to contain it. Nice meeting ya, chickee!
xoxo,
Connie

Connie said...

Beverly, do NOT get me wrong. I truly have wanted to hold hate in my heart but it just isn't there. I weep for those men. I truly do. Tears are blinding me at the moment when I think of this ordeal my baby went through and what will happen to those men. I'm LDS and my religion teaches us to never hate and to love each other no matter our differences. Beverly, that is sometimes so hard for me to do, sweetpea. I pray for the love of God to sweep through my country! I pray that all will repent and come unto the Savior. I cannot even tell you what this "trial" has done for me. I simply cannot stop the tears from flowing. My face is so puffy and my eyes actually hurt. What is wrong with the human race that we can't love each other?? I have no answer but I know my heart is sooooo heavy with sadness for us all. This will pass, honey; of that I have no doubt. Besides, I've read "The Book"(!) and know the ending. THAT'S what keeps me going most of the time. My faith that is will end well in the end.

I am a happy chick and you need to read my blog beyond this to know how happy, funny, humorous and "obnoxious" I am! LOL I'm just a happy and loving gal..... Nice meeting you, my sweets.

xoxo,
Connie

Tea Time and Roses said...

Dear Connie

Thou I am not commenting regularly as yet, I could not help but respond to your post. My prayers are with you and your family. May the tears you shed now soon be behind you. Bless you my friend.

Beverly

Among the Hedgerows said...

It's so nice to read your lovely post, Beverly! I'm glad you're feeling better and I look forward to reading you more often!
God bless!
xo,
Lynda

Laura said...

Beverly,
I am so happy to hear all is well and you are mending and feeling better!! I have thought of you often and it's wonderful to have you back!

Judy Hartman said...

Ohhhh, Beverly!!!!
It was such a JOY to see your comment on my blog!
So glad you are back!!!
(even though i know you are still recovering).
Smiles and big hugs,
Judy

Laurie said...

It was so nice to see an update from you, as usual, your photos are gorgeous!

Glad that the worst of your ordeal is behind you now, you have such a wonderful attitude, that surely has helped you cope with all you have been through. I know your faith is so important, too.

Looking forward to having you back regularly,

Laurie S.

Deanna said...

My sweet Beverly is back! Praise God that you are on the road to Heal City! Please take all the time you need to heal. Take care of yourself first before you think of us blog fans.

I just read Connie's post and she is such a fine lady with a wonderful sense of humor. You will definately love her.

All my love,
Deanna :D

Marcela said...

My dear Beverly
I am glad to know that you feel better now . We have all prayed for you my sweet Beverly

I wish you a Happy Easter!

Blessings
Marcela

Bliss said...

Your positive attitude has probably sped up your whole healing process Beverly :) You are quite an example for anyone watching and I want to thank you!

Hope you have a sweet holy day with your family!

Marcela said...

Happy Easter Beverly!!!

My best wishes to you

Marcela

YayaOrchid said...

Wanted to stop by to wish you a very Happy Easter!!

LivingTheLife said...

Beverly,
I rejoice with you in the "healing" powers of our Lord and Saviour...you are such a dedicated servant to Him, even in the midst of pain and healing. That speaks volumes to me as to just how strong your walk w/Him is...He is the greatest Healer...we just need to remember to lean on Him and trust in Him, just as you have so tenderly shown each of us.

I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers...you are so wise to take time to heal and not rush anything. I can't wait to see you back in full-swing, soon...until then know you are an inspiration to many of us.

Oh, and what an uplifting & generous neighbor you have in Jim, quite the treasure...love the flowers, with beauty around such as those flowers you can't help but be reminded of God's daily blessings.

Blessings...
Teresa

c|ara said...

Welcome back Beverly and rest well!

The Whispering Poppies said...

Oh my dear Beverly! I see I have missed out on quite alot here... I was coming to say "thank you" for your sweet note on my blog today, and I see you have been through an amazing ordeal! I thank God that He has been by your side and bringing you much comfort! I am also glad to read that you have been making much progress! Your gerber daisies are beautiful ~ what a wonderful neighbor you have! With love and hugs to you, and my prayers for your continued progress! xo

Hélène Glehen said...

Oh Beverly,
I am so happy to see you back !

Hélène Glehen said...

and the new banner and background color are absolutely wonderful.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love the beautiful new header...m.

LisaShaw said...

Praying that you continue to trust in the LORD and abide in Him. Stopped by to just love on you a bit.

Wild Rose said...

Dear Beverly,

It is good to hear that you are doing so well. Take all the time you need ~ we will be waiting for your return.

Marie x

YayaOrchid said...

Hi, Beverly!! Just wanted to let you know you've won an award, and would you visit my blog for details? Thank you!

Daisy Cottage said...

((((Beverly))))
I am so glad to catch up with you here and find you doing so much better and on the mend... You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I am so happy that beautiful you is back.

Love,
Kim

Duchess of Tea said...

Gorgeous blog, beautiful photos, lovely posts, and classy lady, I am so glad to have met you
Duchess xx