Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Something New!

Hello all! I hope your Thanksgiving was a beautiful one! I must say our family had a wonderful day, but I tell you like the little commercial I saw the other day....I've been in a turkey coma!:o) My Mom loved Easter eggs and would often say "eggs just seem to taste their best at Easter!:o) Is it the dye, the decorations or is it simply because we know it is Easter! Well I must say the same for turkey! One may make turkey throughout the year, but turkey at Thanksgiving is the most delicious! I enjoyed it so much...really a little too much!:o) Thank you for all of the wonderful Thanksgiving wishes, and beautiful emails and e-cards too!

I have been tinkering around with my photos the last few days. As many of you know, my sweet hubby is the photo taker of the house!:o) I just cannot seem to get this photo thing down, but Honey I must say is quite good at it. Well sitting at the computer and looking for new photos not yet shown, I was curious about how to enhance a photo! I have had this photo package for over three years and never had any interest in it, or even knew what it could do! So I started playing around with it! You know I think I have found something I am gonna love!!:o) Now I am even thinking of buying a more advanced package and really have some fun! I want to make post cards, photo cards and whatever else I can think of! I think I have found a new craft toy!! These two photos are my embossed note cards found in my Etsy Shop. The first photo, red and pink roses, now in sepia tones with a little text. The next photo I enhanced just a touch! So if anyone is looking for me, I will be in the Photo Shop LOL!! By the way, I will be putting my Christmas tree up this weekend and photos will follow soon! What an exciting time of the year! A time of celebrating the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, a beautiful time of year indeed. Each of you have a most beautiful week!

Never let anyone steal your smile.
Not only does it make for
a pleasant face.
A simple smile can brighten
the heart of so many.

Smiles....

Beverly

24 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi, Beverly! Your new cards are gorgeous...and so are the photo to show them off! It is such fun taking photos and playing around with them sometimes to create special looks. It does take time to learn all the trick though--LOL! You have so many beautiful new offerings in your Etsy shop...pure delight! And I can't wait to see you holiday tree soon. Enjoy your week making ready for Christmas! Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Jeanne said...

Blessings and how very lovely indeed.
Love and hugs and smiles~
Across the miles

Shell said...

Your cards are lovely. I had windows movie maker on my computer for two years. I never bothered with it. Finally, two months ago I started using and I'm hooked. I guess the moment has to be right to discover things you had all the time. Have a wonderful week, Beverly.

Angela said...

I just tagged you for a meme - it is a VERY quick one - hope you can fit it into all your busy Advent Activities!

Marcela said...

Hello Beverly
Oh what beautiful photos.!!!
I am glad to know that you had a wonderful thanksgiving!!!
Have a great week :)
Marcela

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, howdy! Love your cards and wish I could learn to create such beautiful things as you do. I have zero know how on photo editing.

I can hardly wait to see your tree up. I can imagine it will be beautiful, full of your creative flair!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I'm watching Rick Warren on the Today show right now...explaining the reason for the season...I pray everyone GETS it :) What a gift.
You are a brave girl learning Photoshop!!! I want to follow in your footsteps.
I just realized you sent me a pkg of hearts and a ribbon and buttons! So thank you a thousand years too late! Too many piles around here...
Oh my gosh. Matt Lauer just said "Happy Holidays" to Rick after that discussion. He didn't get it.

Jan and Tom's Place said...

Hi Beverly...

You photos are gorgeous!!! It sounds like you're both keeping busy and enjoying yourself immensely!!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Renee said...

Beverly you have a beautiful blog and I just wanted you to know that.

xooxo

Renee

Jeanne said...

http://www.mixwit.com/caronpj/new-mix-4

Love and kisses
Jeanne

Lynda ~ Among the Hedgerows said...

Beautiful cards, Beverly! I'd be lost without my photoshop ... you'll get hooked very easily! :)
xo,
Lynda

secondofwett said...

Thanks for remembering my mom...that means so much to me.

Lisa @ celebrate CREATIVITY said...

I love the cards. So beautiful and you're so creative too.

I agree with you on the taste of Turkey. I don't eat at any other time of year for that very reason-lol.

Have a great weekend!

Laura said...

Hello Beverly,
I'm happy you liked the card! I do hope the cd arrived unbroken so you can relax and listen to wonderful holiday music. :)
Happy Holidays!
Laura

KarenHarveyCox said...

Hello lovely lady,
When I saw your comment you made me smile, I think that you live by that saying on this post. Your new cards are beautiful.

Blessings, Karen

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Beverly,
Your cards are beautiful! I love the sepia tones in them. Thanks for stopping by my Lavender Hill Studio blog....I wanted to let you know that I have a NEW blog too. It is called The Comforts of Home. You can visit it here:
www.thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com

See you soon!

Deanna said...

Hi Beverly,
hope you are doing well today. Thank you for the good wishes as I feel 98% better today. That allergy and cold knocked me down for the count but NyQuil and other meds did the trick.

Many hugs,
Deanna :)

Tea said...

Hi Beverly,
I'm glad you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a delicous meal and good company, too. :)
I can't wait to see how your "new tinkering" turns out with your new interest in photoshop! Isn't it great to find a new hobby? Love the cards! Have a great weekend.

willzmom said...

Beverly,

I love your photos, I think it would be fun to play around with them. I'm going to take a look at your etsy shop too. Thanks for your sweet comments, I've really missed reading your blog and I'm hoping to get caught up soon.
Take care.

Betty Jo said...

Your cards and photos are gorgeous. xoxo

Kate said...

I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving and hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Carolyn said...

Oh, those photos are lovely! Am a fan of sepia, and your cards are really special. You and Honey make quite a team, and am loving what you are creating! Have a great week, and I so agree, about those smiles. Mega hugs. :-)

Jan and Tom's Place said...

Hi Beverly...

Still praying for you sweetie...hoping you're doing well and have everything set for your Christmas!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Becky K. said...

Hello Beverly,

I do hope you can stop by Hospitality Lane and enter a quick little contest/giveaway today...

Becky