Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Good Report!

Hello! Oh my how happy I am to be doing this post! I have missed you all a whole bunch! :o) I have so much to say, but I promise not to wear you out with details! :o) First of all, thank all of you so much for your lovely comments, e-cards, emails, cards, and letters. You sure know how to make a girl feel special! :o) From the bottom of my heart I thank each and everyone of you so much!

Well the surgery is behind me, and I must say I am feeling a whole lot better! My cheek is a little swollen and there is quite a bit of soreness, but better for sure! :o) My path report came back just great! Those recent little cyst are benign but are pesky little things that are causing my mandible quite a bit of trouble. During this last surgery my doctor was not pleased with the growth of this bone and the conclusion is it must be removed, something we were all hoping would never come to be. Let me say, I thank God for this team of doctors they are the greatest! I actually look forward to seeing them! :o) The removal of the mandible will be scheduled after the holidays, this gives me the opportunity to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas! Bone will be taken from my tibia to help rebuild the mandible, the surgery will take eight to nine hours. I have been assured that cosmetically I will be fine, the jaw will retain its natural shape and look quite natural. I will keep you posted, but in the mean time I will be crafting, enjoying the holidays and having a wonderful time with all of you!! :o)

During my break I did do a little crafting! What do you think of these lovely birds! Taken from a vintage Victorian scrapbook, I had them sent out and reproduced on premium smooth acid free archival card stock. I brought them home and made these images into beautiful tags! I am simply amazed at how vibrant the colors are...just beautiful! The Victorians loved beautiful birds and lovely flowers, and it surely shows here. The tags are large and make beautiful bookmarks! I even made a set for my self! One for my bible, and the other in a very good book I am reading. The tags come in a set of four and are tied with lovely seam binding. I guess you can tell I am really excited about these. Birds themes are truly beautiful during the holidays. Make sure you drop by my Etsy Shop and take a look!

I am excited about setting time aside these next few days and visiting all of you! It will take a few days for I am a little behind, but rest assured I will be by to see you! :o) My next post I will be sharing a very sweet lady who is new to blogland, I also have a 100th post to celebrate! I will be thinking just what I can do to make that a special post. :o) As you know, we are facing some crisis in our country right now, but please do remember God has got it all in control....He really does. There is absolutely nothing that goes unnoticed by Him. I remember my Mom use to say to us kids "God sits high and He looks low, even when a tiny sparrow falls He is well aware of it". He knows our needs, and what is so wonderful God has promised to supply all those needs....how grand is that! Enjoy your week!

Don't Fret Tomorrow

I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day...
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its clouds may turn to gray...

I don't worry about the future,
For I know what Jesus said...
And today He walks beside me,
And He knows what lies ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand...
But I know who HOLDS tomorrow,
And I know He holds my hand...

Trust and obey...

This poem was found in the pages of my Mother's bible.

Smiles....

Beverly

27 comments:

Natalie said...

I am taking notes on how to face the future with faith and gratitude... lessons from lovely, amazing Beverly. God bless you.

Jan and Tom's Place said...

Oh my...I'm so happy for you about the path report results. Rest assured, we will continue to pray for you, from now through the surgery AFTER the Holidays!!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Diane of Crafty Passions said...

I am enjoying your blog a lot and from I read your a very courageous lady.
Your craft is so lovely!!
Diane

Renna said...

You create incredibly beautiful things, and have such a lovely way of expressing yourself. I'm so happy that you are feeling better.

Chris said...

Beverly, I am so happy to see your post! Praise God for the great news regarding this surgery and for your spirit of trust as you face another!

I'll be off to your shop as soon as I am finished here. I love your new things!

Hugs, CHris

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, so wonderful to hear that all is well. I so admire your faith and courage as you face another surgery. Yes, he holds the future in his hands, and we need not fear! I will keep you in my prayers.

Elizabethd said...

So nice to 'meet' you, thank you for your visit.
I love the tags you made, so fresh and vivid.

Wild Rose said...

Hello Beverly,

It is so good to see that you are home again and feeling well. I do hope that you are able to enjoy the festivities before you face your next round of surgery.

Marie x

Joyce said...

I LOVED that little "God sits high" saying your Mom used to tell you all.
I just thought I'd check in and see how you were feeling......
VERY CUTE tags....I really liked the top ones you showed....keep up the good work but don't over do it right now.
Make sure you take time to HEAL up!
Be blessed,
Joyce M.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Am so glad you a feeling better. I am as always in awe at you Great Faithand Courage. You are such a Blessing to us all. The bird tags are so beutiful....m..

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I've seen some incredible answered prayer on blogs of late...I trust ours answered for you will be incredible as well! Click on Kidney for Kelli on Mary's blog if you will and read two posts. This has been quite a journey and things are falling into place!
I'm still praying for you girlie and I hope you'll stay at peace and craft your great big heart out!

Becky K. said...

It is so good to see that you are up and about...making beautiful things!

I truly needed this post as my dear husband is having a test tomorrow that is rather scary.

I know I can rest on Him and it is so easy to tell someone else to. Much harder for one's own self...

Take care....

Becky K.

Judy Hartman said...

Hello Beverly,
How pleased I was to see your comment on my blog, and then to read your beautiful post. I am so very happy that your report was good and that you are feeling better. Your work is really exquisite and I'm so happy that you are feeling well enough to craft.
I wish I lived closer to you because I would love to invite you over for a cup of tea!
So glad we have you back in our blogging community!

Tracy said...

Oh, how very HAPPY to see you back here, Beverly! Your cheer and courage is outstanding...I admire your strength and spirit. :o) Very glad all is well and that you are having a good, and by looks of it, a very creative recovery! Your new creations are exquisitely beautiful!! So glad you will have the holidays ahead to rejoice and enjoy in...that the next surgery will be after the holidays--LOL! Wish you didn't ahve to go throught it, but I know all will be well for you. Happy Days, my friend ((BIG HUGS))

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

What a beautiful post. Praising God with you on the good report.

You've been making some lovely items in your down time. I will go visit your Etsy shop.

May God continue to hold you close.

Among the Hedgerows said...

Hi Beverly! I'm so glad you're feeling better and you're in good hands with your upcoming surgery. Your tags are beautiful ... love those bright colours! Rest up and enjoy your crafting!
xo,
Lynda

Amy said...

Beverly...your faith is a blessing to my tired self. I am so glad you are on the mend, and I will keep you in my prayers. You're right, the little bird tags are very lovely.

Laura said...

This truly is great news!! I am happy to hear you are doing well. Blessings for a wonderful weekend.
Laura

Shell said...

Glad to know this part of the surgery is behind you. That you can spend the holidays with your family. The cards are lovely.

Mary Anne said...

I'm so happy to read this post and know you are going to be ok and that you will be able to enjoy your holidays before more surgery. Your faith and courage are inspiring. Thank you for the lovely poem too.

Marianne said...

I am glad to hear that surgery went so well and that the results of the test are fine. I am sorry to learn that you have to undergo more surgery after the holidays.
I admire your courage, Beverly.
Have a nice weekend.
Bye,
Marianne

Deanna said...

Beverly,
I have not forgotten you. I am thrilled to read of your recovery. I read as far back as my little eyes could take me and I just want to say that I have always thought of you and wondered how you were doing.

Thank the Lord for all of his blessings in helping you to heal from your surgery. I hope you are getting as much rest as you need and not over doing.

I will continue to read and try to catch up on what I have missed all of these months.

Always wishing you well,
Deanna

Abbie said...

Hi Beverly,
Oh, your positve attitud and strong heart amaze me! You fill me with energy lady!
Love your Etsy items, going to take a peek right now!
xoxo~
Abbie

Carrie said...

Hello Beverly,
I always enjoy the beauty of your blog posts. Please visit the link below for a new award and tag from me.
http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2008/10/kreative-blog-award-and-tagged.html
Thanks,
Carrie

Marcela said...

Hi Beverly
I am glad to know that the report result is ok.
You are strong and a wonderful woman.
God bless you
Marcela

Patty said...

Praising God with you on your test results. You can now enjoy the holidays and be able to rest after the surgery is completed.

I love the birds..absolutely beautiful!

I bought the book One Skein that you mentioned here on your blog. I can't wait to start on some little cupcakes!

have a blessed day and I look forward to reading more on your blog.
Blessings, Patty

Aimee said...

I do not comment often, however, I peek, weekly, at your blog with alot of anticipation. I find so much beauty in your posts. Thank you for sharing so many lovely things. And I am so glad you are well. Those birds are gorgeous!