Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Simple Things......

Hello! Hoping all of you are having a most fabulous week! Remember my last post I mentioned my desire to knit little cupcakes! Well here is the beginning of my first! I am using an Egyptian cotton for the base, but truly plan to use a merino wool for my next. Cotton can be sort of pesky to knit with at times....not very flexible! I am excited about this little knit. Sometimes just a small change of pace, a different direction can do a world of good. :o) I also took some time out to find a sweet way to use up some of my many many buttons! You know many of us girls just love our buttons! I happen upon a lovely button tutorial and blog site that was new to me....bingo! I was so excited about this little tutorial I had to try a few button flowers last night, and here they are!

Cute Cute as a button! Now you can add a pen backing and make a brooch, or add a magnet as I plan to do and stick these little flowers everywhere! For more ideas and to see more of these pretty little florets and tutorial you must visit the designer at Artsy Crafty Babe....artsycraftybabe.typepad.com. By the way, I think even if you are not a crafter you will enjoy making these little pretties and it is a lovely way to use some of those just sitting buttons!

You know, it is the simple things in life that sometimes bring the most joy..... Have a lovely rest of the week!

Love is a joyful gift
to receive,
but far more fulfilling to give.

Maureen Dubour


Smiles....

Beverly

19 comments:

Shell said...

Hi Beverly,

Those buttons are so cute!! I want to try my hand doing some

Mary Isabella said...

Those button flowers are too cute. I cannot wait to see the new knitting project....Mary

Marcela said...

Wonderful buttons Beverly!!!
Have a wonderful week
Hugs
Marcela

Natalie said...

Be sure to show us your finished cupcake... the color reminds me of a coffee-vanilla bean flavor. We have cupcakes on the brain here, because my son requested real cupcakes for his birthday. I am all for button play, and your flowers look very sweet.

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, you have quite a button stash there! Beautiful assortment! I hope you share pics of your cupcakes, I'm sure they'll be really cute. I like that color, and yes, it does remind one of vanilla!

Chris is *Refining Life* said...

Beverly, I am so impressed with your knitting. As a non-knitter, a cupcake is just the most wonderful idea I can think of!

As for the button flowers, I'm off to the fabric store to buy buttons! I need to turn them into push pins for the bulleting board by my desk. It will make such a happy difference there!

Chris

Tracy said...

LOVE those button flowers, Beverly! I saw some ones at Etsy that were made into brooches--too cute! Nice button stash...Those knit cupcakes are adorable, aren't they? And calorie-free--LOL! That looks like the book, "One Skein" you have there...I have that one my shelf too. I'm going to make the petal bib for my sister's baby. Happy crafting, my friend ((HUGS)) Oh, stop by when you can for my gift giveaway! :o)

Dyan said...

I love knitting too and have been on the look out for cupcake patterns. They're just so cute and make nice little tokend for gifts. Buttons, ahh, buttons. What would our craft cupboards be without buttons? Thankd for sharing the link to the tutorial. It would be nice to make a few to add to some fun projects.
Lots of Hugs,
Dy

Arleen ~ The Tea Room said...

Oh my gosh, what a great idea to knit cupcakes! I can't wait to see how they turn out. ~Arleen

Judy Hartman said...

Oh, these button flowers are too cute, Beverly !
Hope all is well with you.
Hugs,
Judy

KarenHarveyCox said...

This is such a lovely post, I love those buttons. Creating cupcakes, now that is a sweet thing to do. My sister, Susan knits cupcake hats for babies on her Etsy. They are sooooooo cute. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Karen

Shell said...

Hi Bev,

Came to tell you that you have been tagged!!

Hugs,
Shell

The Romantic Portuguese Daughter said...

Beverly,

You are so talented! I can't wait for your shop to open up again.

Susan
Pink Portuguese Roses

Britt-Arnhild said...

Knitted cupcakes?????? Never heard of them, but now my curiosity is awake. Do you have a pattern? Photos?

I'll come back to see your result.

Creatively Blessed said...

Hello Beverly,
Thanks for stopping by my blog it was good to hear from you, I have had a good look around and I love it and you will be on my favourites list!!!!! The name of your blog sounds so British and classy there is so much eye candy going on at your place, keep up the good work and I will be checking on you regularly.
-Sharon

Kimberley said...

Those cupcakes look fun, and I really like the button flowers-- my mom has TONS of buttons, so I may suggest that project ;)

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!
Kimberley

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

I'm so glad you came by my blog. Your blog is lovely!

I plan on taking a knitting class one day!
Those button flowers are so cute. It is amazing to me what people come up with!

Have a wonderful day!☺

Tea said...

Your pins are just adorable! Such a cute idea! You are so right, buttons are so cute and very serviceable,
too.

I love the knitted cupcake idea. I've queued a pattern to knit an apron with cupcake pockets when time permits. It's very cute, have a look at the free pattern here if you like:
http://creativecarissa.blogspot.com/2007/11/no-knitty-for-me.html

KJ said...

I hope that you are going to sell these cupcakes on Etsy, because I definitely want one.....or two. I love cupcakes. I am going to see if I still have your email address. I have another pattern that caught my fancy, I just don't knit or crochet except for caps.

Hugs, KJ