Monday, April 28, 2008

A Stroll In the Neighborhood......

Oh my hello to all of you! Boy I tell you theses last few days have been hot ones, and today although promised a few degrees cooler feels much the same. :o) I love spring and summer so much, but tend to venture outside once the sun it not at its highest. This weekend was a little different! Armed with my sunglasses and something cool to drink Honey and I headed north to enjoy a beautiful Saturday, and beautiful it was! The coast was just amazing, and I also made a stop at one of my favorite yarn shops along the way. The "Black Sheep" is a wonderful shop just filled with beautiful yarns and fibers! A special place for those of us knitters who adore lovely hand painted yarns. To see my latest "gotta have it" visit my craft site and tell me what you think! :o)

It is something about this season that brings out the best in our neighborhoods too! I so enjoy seeing so many working in their gardens....just wonderful! I wanted to share a few neighborhood pictures with you and hope you enjoy them. The orchids above where taken last year in our court garden. By the way I am scheduled for minor surgery tomorrow morning, so keep me in your prayers. I know it will all be fine, but I am always a little nervous about going to sleep. :o) I know it will be some pain afterwards, but with a little rest and time out I will be pretty good in a few weeks! :o) Enjoy the pics!!



The above photo is my little corner of the world. The gate in the background belongs to old historic Grant Elementary School. I enjoy seeing the kids marching off to school in the mornings! Kids do the funniest things, and I find myself belly laughing at some of the things I see them do!

This photo is right across the street from me....my neighbor is the sweetest. This is a small portion of her yard, it is just gorgeous!! You can see a little of the fig tree peeking out on your left. I have one right in front of my studio window, and boy these trees give delicious and pretty fruit. Every year a little old sweet couple comes to pick figs, I look forward to seeing the two of them. They take their time gently squeezing and choosing carefully, only the best will do. :o)



This lovely yellow daffodil was in the garden of my neighbor....such a lovely shade of yellow.

Well I am off to get something to eat....no eating for me after midnight. Although I am really never hungry that late, I just bet I will want something just because I know I can't!! :o) Each of you have a most lovely week........

Smiles...

Beverly

33 comments:

Mary Isabella said...

Hey three. I have been missing you. Everything looks so wonderful...Wishing you the best of weeks...

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, I am so happy to see you posting again! You delight us with your beautiful pictures. You live in such a beautiful neighborhood and are surrounded by such beautiful flowers, you are so very blessed! BTW, I really do LOVE your new banner with the blog title. It is beautiful, actually!

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, I will be praying all goes well with your surgery. Pls do keep us posted. Take care and God bless!

Tracy said...

Hi, Beverly! Keeping those prays coming for you today--hope all goes well with your surgery, that you are ok. Keep us posted when you can :o) Thank you for this lovely stroll around where you live...a very happy, pretty post. I've been offline some days, so this was a treat to come back to. Thinking of you...((BIG HUGS))

Shell said...

I know your surgery will go fine. So don't worry at all. I'm glad too see you back posting and i love the pictures of your neighborhood.

Carrie said...

Thank you for providing such beauty for my blogging eyes. Your neighborhood is lovely. God be with you as you undergo the surgical procedure. All the best,
Carrie

Tea said...

What a gorgeous neighborhood! Your pictures are lovely!

Your trip to the Black Sheep sounds wonderful! Keeping you in my prayers & trust the surgery will be a great success. :)

Inspired Tokens said...

What a beautiful neighborhood. It looks so lovely and peaceful. Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts for your minor surgery. Anytime you have to have surgery is a somewhat scarey thing. I know everything will be okay, besides you'll get a few weeks of R&R!

Thanks for leaving such kind words on my blog today...I do love when people stop by and say hello.
Good wishes to you, I'll be back to visit. ....alice

Judy said...

Dear, Dear Beverly,
Thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog.
I love this view of your neighborhood. Your photography is wonderful, as always.
My prayers are with you tomorrow. Please let us know how you make out?
Bless you.

homespun living said...

Beautiful pictures, Beverly! I want to thank you so much for stopping by. I hope all went well with your surgery, and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Take care of yourself,
Deb

Suzie Sews said...

Beverly, I am a little late so my wishes for you are all post op. I hope it all went well and the pain is not to much. Take care and many warm wishes for a speedy recovery.

Carolyn said...

Oh, what a beautiful corner of the world you have.Lovely flowers and neighborhood, and am so glad you filled your creative well on that wonderful outing with your Honey. Am thinking of you this AM, as you get ready for your minor surgery, and trusting that your recovery will be smooth sailing. I plan to catch up on the past few months with you here, while you are recovering. What a delight to hear from you, Beverly. Hugs! :-)

Wild Rose said...

Hi Beverly

Your surgery will be behind you by now, so I hope that all went well and wish you a speedy recovery. Enjoy those beautiful spring flowers...good to see you back!

Marie x

firefly said...

That is a lovely photo journal, with your descriptions I felt as if I was strolling through the neighborhood with you.

Have a beautiful day and weekend ahead ... hope the surgery went well.

Warmest wishes,
firefly

Karen (Rosesandtea) said...

You have such lovely photos - thank you for sharing the beauty of your part of the world. May the Lord strengthen and heal you after your surgery and continue to grant you peace in all ways.

I found your blog through Toni's ("Foothills...").

Karen

Toni from NC said...

Beautiful photos. Looks so peaceful there.

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Beverly,
I hope that your surgery went well and you are resting comfortably and healing quickly!

What a beautiful neighborhood you live in! Thank you for sharing it with me..
Penny

LivingTheLife said...

Beverly,
Your neighborhood is so lovely and I just KNOW I would LOVE having you for a neighbor...thanks for sharing with us...and your story of the children...they ARE so funny at that sweet age!

Also, keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I pray for God's healing hands to surround you and keep you while you re-coop. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment...it is always great to hear from you.

Blessings...
Teresa

daisy cottage said...

I've missed you so much
Beverly! Beautiful photos that you have so sweetly shared with us!

xo,
Kim

clara said...

Hey Beverly, how did the surgery go?
Wish you well.
And you have such lovely floral surroundings, all so pretty!

God bless.

Ragged Roses said...

Hello Beverly, good luck with the surgery I will be thinking of you. Lovely to hear from you again. Spring is a wonderful time isn't it and it's great when people are out in their gardens again. You live in a very pretty neighbourhood. Take care
Kimx

bj said...

Oh, sweet and beautiful Beverly...I have sure been missing you and your gentle sweet blogging.
So glad you are back and I do pray your surgery went well. Pls. be sure to let us know.
What a beautiful neighborhood....out here in West Texas on the high plains, where it's dry as a powder house, not many trees and tons of sand and dust, our neighborhoods are NEVER, EVER anywhere close to this heaven.
Thanks for sharing....
hugs, bj

ginger at enchanting cottage said...

I hope everything went well. You are in my prayers.
ginger

Cindy's Red Door said...

Beverly, I would love to stroll in your neighborhood. You are a excellent photographer!
I will keep you in close prayers until we all hear from you again.
Cindy
ps I will be back.

KJ said...

What a wonderful trip this must have been. What city is this yarn store in?

The flowers are lovely! And, I sent you a little something by email.

Love, KJ

CIELO said...

Oh Beverly, what such a beautiful place to live... we are high desert here, and when I see places as lush as that one, my heart sings... thanks for sharing so much loveliness with us.

Have a great day

Cielo

Shabby Addict said...

Wow! Beautiful pictures and a lovely neighborhood! Thanks for sharing! I am glad I found your blog ;)

xoxo
Tracy

Sandy said...

Hi Beverly,
Gorgeous photos!
Praying for you and your surgery.
Take care my friend,
Sandy

Gardengirl said...

Beverly, your neighborhood looks lovely with its pretty flowers and manicured lawns and little shops. I took a peek at your hand painted yarn..... very pretty!!! I'm a knitter too and I notice a lot of my friends put their knitting away for the summer but not me. I love to sit in the garden and knit when I'm not playing in the soil. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I just said a little prayer for you.

Gillian L. said...

This is my first visit to your wonderful blog. Your photographs are beautiful and inspiring.

Gillian

Lisa said...

Beautiful photos as usual. Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Take care.

Lisa

Marcela said...

Hello Beverly
I hope you are better now!I've missed you!
Have a wonderful mother's day
xoxo
Marcela

IcePuppet said...

Oh wow, your neighborhood looks lovely. I so like the "blogging world". It is so nice to see pictures from all over the world, interior and exterior ones.

Greetinds from The Netherlands,
Katja