Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Reading......

Hello to each of you! Wow I cannot believe a whole two weeks has gone since my last post, and it has been a full and busy two weeks. I sure hope you are enjoying spring, we have indeed had some beautiful days and wonderfully pleasant evenings. As many of you know, I love long drives along the coast in the cool of the evening. The gentle breezes seem to relax me while I sit back and take in all the beauty surrounding me. It is something about the sound of the ocean in quiet.....amazing is its music and I can sit for hours listening. I would love to someday own a beautiful home on the beach with a clear view of the ocean, sleeping by the sound of the ocean and awakening to it each morning....yes, I surely would.

I decided my books needed some dusting and a little rearranging, but I must admit I just love looking through them. I am one of those women who have on occasion simply bought a book because it was just beautiful....the cover, the photos just beautiful! I remember several years ago purchasing "Refresh My Heart" Meditations For Women. I had to have all four season and the books are so sweet and authored by several of my favorite Christian writers. These little books help remind me of what I already know deep down in my heart but gently nudges and reminds me again. I think that is true with many of us. It is not that we don't know, we simply need a gentle reminder.

By the way.... I have not forgotten about my one year blogging celebration and give a way! Look forward to that pretty shortly! I plan to get some reading and knitting in today. I am slowly trying to get back to my normal routine of things, at present it seems a little slow but I am making pretty good progress. :o) I know it has been a while since I've visited all of you and I miss commenting so much. I just love my time with you all...you will be hearing from me soon and I can hardly wait!! :o) Wishing each of you a beautiful week....

I conclude that for me, there is no other
way but to walk with Christ.....
to study Him, to pursue Him.
He has carved a place
in my heart that yearns for Him.

Janet Paschal

Smiles....

Beverly

25 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, so good to see you post again! I really liked the ending quote you used by Janet Paschal, so lovely and true.

I wish I could take drives along the coast also. I too love the sounds of the ocean, the smell of the breeze, and the sight of the seagulls. It is indeed very relaxing.

I look forward to reading more from you and taking a look at your projects! Take care and God bless!
Idalia

Wild Rose said...

Hello Beverly! I share your dream of living by the ocean. When we visited Nova Scotia two years ago the house we stayed in was so close to the Ocean that we could hear the waves ~ my idea of the perfect place to live.

Enjoy the spring. I do hope that you are having better weather than we are today ~ we have thunder rumbling and I think that the rain is now starting.

Hugs
Marie x

bj said...

good morning, beverly...i am glad you are feeling well enuf to post again. i always have enjoyed your pretty blog...it seems to be so soft and gentle and warm....
hugs, bj

dottycookie said...

Welcome back, Beverly - I've missed you and your beautiful, gentle posts.

Tracy said...

Hi, Beverly! Living by the coast...I am fortunate to be living such dream, for it was long my dream to live near the sea. To experience all four season by the coast is a real joy.Living near the water does slow the pace down, even in one's heart and mind. I hope so much your dream to live by the sea comes true! Dusting & rearranging books--now that's a task I like too...and often get distacted looking through all the books instead of doing much dusting--LOL! I'm glad the gentle tasks and return to daily doings in bringing you solace and comfort. Oh, by the way, I do stop by my blog when you get a chance--I have s surprise for you! Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Raindrops said...

Hi
Nice to see you post again. I too would love to live near the sea one day perhaps we will. Take care Tricia

Mary Isabella said...

I am so glad you are feeling a little better. I have not let a day pass without praying for you. I am gload you are posting again. I have missed you so much!!!

clara said...

Hey Beverly! Glad to see your post. Enjoy this beautiful season! And I would love an ocean view right outside my doorstep too :-)

Willow said...

I had visited your blog several months ago and then lost your url. Don't think I ever commented though. So I'm glad I found you again via Tracy at Pink Purl.

Willow

Alison Boon said...

Hey hope you are well. I have tagged you for a book tag. Hope you don't mind. Visit me to find out more.

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

Such a truly classy blog! A pleasure to share. Thank you.

M

Nihal said...

Smiling Hello from the CrossRoads:) I come across with your journal thru dear Tracy's. So inspiring so beauty-full blog that you have got.
As I live very close to beach, so I perfectly understand your feelings. So on a freezing day even in January, I find myself crossing the causeway into the beautiful serenity of our beach. The serenity there is unreal....
For sure, I'll be back again to read upcoming articles.

All of my Best Wishes,

~ Nihal in Istanbul

LivingTheLife said...

Beverly...so glad to see you posting again...you have been missed. And YES!! I totally agree with you on the ocean...the sounds, smells and sights truly relax me, too. We once took a driving vactation along Highway 1 out of San Fran up along the shores of Oregon...it had to be one of the most peaceful drives and vacations I've ever had...I loved it! Thanks for reminding me of that heavenly 2 weeks!!

Can't wait to see some of your newest creations...you create such lovely things...I always enjoy seeing all your pretties so much.

blessings...
Teresa

KarenHarveyCox said...

I am glad that you are feeling like writing a post today. I love dusting the bookcases and the books. It's amazing the wonderful treasures that are on those shelves. Enjoy your knitting and reading. Have a lovely weekend. Blessings, Karen

Marcela said...

Hello Beverly
I wish I could live by the ocean...
I hope you are having a great week !!!
Hugs
Marcela

cd&m said...

Time goes so quickly doesn't it? This looks like a beautiful book.

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

So happy to see you posting, Beverly! I hope you are enjoying Spring! God certainly has infinite blessings for us! =)

Sandy said...

Hi Beverly,
Oh, how I love the sound of the ocean too. I lived in So. Calif. for many of my younger years and loved going to the beach. So peaceful and tranquil.
Hope you are having a fabulous week.
Blessings,
Sandy
PS I'm having my 300th post giveaway - hope you have a chance to pop on over and check it out.

CIELO said...

So good to see you again.... I look forward to see more lovely post from you...

When you have time come visit the house in the roses, we are having a dessert carnival… come and participate. It promises to be FANTASTIC!!!

Have a great day, Beverly!

Cielo

Judy said...

Beverly,
I'm so glad that you are doing well and taking care of yourself. You've been through a lot recently and I'm very glad to see this latest post on your blog. I think about you a lot,
Take care,
Judy

Suzie Sews said...

Oh to live by the Sea...

the feathered nest said...

Hi Beverly,

Thought I'd drop by and here's a post from you! I'm glad you're feeling better and posting. I always enjoy reading your posts. I love dusting my books and looking at them too.

Manuiela

KJ said...

WELL, appearance wise, it looks as if things are back to normal here, although I know that there is probably much to sort through—even emotionally... Your mother left such a legacy: YOU being a wonderful tribute to her.

I really sense that God is going to inspire you here in a way you haven't experienced yet. I honestly believe that you are going to receive extra special subject matter for your posts. What you share is already from the heart. I can't wait to see what's coming.

Have a gorgeous day, Beverly. I love the quotes, the book, the photos, and the opportunity to pause!

KJ

Carrie said...

I love your new banner. It is esquisite!

Judy said...

Beverly,
Just want you to know that I'm thinking of you as Mother's Day approaches. I know it must be hard for you, and I'm sending you loving thoughts and prayers.
Take care,
Judy