Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cozy Little Necks And Hands too!

Hello to all of you! I am up early this morning and what a beautiful morning it is! It is so quiet and still, a perfect time for a cup of tea and a few moments of early morning reading. I have several books laid aside for my must reads, but lately with so many things to do I find myself reading short poems or verses from my many small gift books. Don't you just love a lovely gift book....I try and carry one with me when leaving the house, they are perfect little pick me ups! One of my favorite is "Joy For The Journey" , it fits perfectly in your purse and is full of daily reminders on the beauty of life and God's unconditional love for all of us....wonderful!

I just had to share with you some knitting I was doing while on my blogging break. I am one of those girls who love to take long evening drives up the coast with a hand knit scarf wrapped around my neck to keep the breezes at bay. Other than keeping you warm, I think it is something quite sophisticated about a lovely piece covering a woman's neck that always catches my eye!

I have notice scarves have taken a nice turn, and it is the scarflette and neck cozy. Well I designed this one and it is somewhat loved! I tell everyone, it is simple in construction, but lovely in its completion! I have been knitting these neck cozies up a storm! The cranberry color is my Sweet Mother's the darker green is my daughter's who wanted it off my neck! I must say they are really beautiful. The yarn is a lamb's wool acrylic blend and comes in several beautiful colorways! I think I love the fact of not just being pretty but it stays put and easy to take with you! I am in the process of designing other styles, but I must complete my knitting on these.

I also plan to do a little shop restocking and decorating so look forward to that! I have a brand new blog in progress I will give you more info in the next few weeks. As for my knitted pieces, I do plan to put them in the Etsy Shop once I catch up outside orders. All the knitting has been wonderful for me...a lovely way to relax and enjoy pretty yarn! Wanted you to also have a little peek at a pair of fingerless gloves I made for myself and a little neck cozy to match! Now that I have filled your ear with all this knit talk, I want to wish all of you a fabulous week filled with all the things you love to do most! Have a beautiful week!

Beauty is in the eye
of the beholder.

author unknown

Smiles....

Beverly

23 comments:

Carrie said...

Lovely handmade accessories!

NAME: CIELO said...

Oh how lovely! You are so talented! Would love to read in the mornings, seating out in the garden, smelling my lovely roses all year around... how lucky you are...!

happy day to you

cielo

YayaOrchid said...

Beverly, everything you make is so pretty! Glad to see you posting again!

marmielu said...

Hello Beverly! I am rather new to your blog, but I just wanted to say how much I like those knitted items. I have started using scarves more, and have been looking at which of my scarves I can sew buttons on. That makes it stay in place much better. I love those yarn colors, too.

You blog is so pretty.

Mary Lou

Marcela said...

Hello Beverly
How have you been?
I do love reading in the mornings !!!
Beautiful knitting items!!!yes they look very sophisticated on the neck!!!
Love
Marcela

Meredith Teagarden said...

What a talent! Yes, a talent. I can paint...but anything with yarn...yikes!

I think those would sell beautifully. Gorgeous work. They remind me of a store called Anthropologie (or is it Anthroplogy). Beautiful things.

Carrie said...

I don't think I had ever seen a neck cozy. It would be something really neat to wear instead of a neck scarf.

Mary Isabella said...

Beautiful things you have knitted. we could use some of those here in Ky. Today. It is really cold...Blessings...Mary

Andylynne said...

Very sweet, and so practical too. I have a thermal neck wrap that doesn't look nearly that good. Fine work and lovley color choices.

Lynda said...

Your knitted accessories are so pretty, Beverly! Thanks for your lovely comments ... I've been struggling to keep up with everyone lately and I was so happy to see you'd stopped by. Your dear mother continues to be in my prayers daily ... I hope she's feeling better. ~ hugs, Lynda xo

Judy said...

The neck cozies are really lovely, Beverly. How talented you are!

KarenHarveyCox said...

Such lovely creations. My sister, Susan knits too, but I never learned how. I have to start my day with my devotionals before everyone wakes also. It just starts my day better. Blessings, Karen

Becky K. said...

Very nice! I have been using my scarf here in PA the last couple of days. The wind had been so cold!

If you get a chance come over and enter my 200th post giveaway at Hospitality Lane.

You are such an inspiration to me.

Your gentle spirit and creativeness make me happy.

Becky K.

Tracy said...

Wonderful knitting, Beverly...those neckwarmes are fun, love the vibrant colors! A new blog...very exciting! So much to look forward to...can't wait to see what your surprises will be. Happy weekend ahead to you, my friend ((HUGS))

Wild Rose said...

Don't you just love knitting? I know I do. It is a wonderful way to relax and enjoy a few creative hours. Happy knitting Beverly

Marie x

KJ said...

You are amazing, Beverly! What a multi-tasker! You always have me curious!

I love the fingerless gloves and neck cozies! The color of the ones you made for yourself is outstanding!

By the way, I am now having trouble with clipart on my blog. I used to be able to copy and paste. It seems that I have lost that capacity.

cd&m said...

Wonderful colours and I bet they do keep necks warm and cozy.

Toni said...

Hi Beverly! Your neck cozies looks so great. I've been wanting to make something like that for my wrists.

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Such beautiful handmade lovelies, Beverly!!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Gayla said...

What talented knitting.. I love those... Your blog is one I read all the time... I truly enjoy every post.

Marcela said...

Hi Beverly
Stopping my to say hello
Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Marcela

Moderncountry said...

They all look wonderful!! Specially the ones at the last picture :))

Nan - said...

A friend gave me one which her late mother made a long while ago. It is just the best idea. It is like a fleece neckwarmer, only smaller. Yours are beautiful.