Monday, January 14, 2008

Knitting Along......


Well hello to each of you! Hope your weekend was a beautiful one. Mine was lovely, and I completed a pair of mitts for myself! Now here in my neck of the woods I really do not need full gloves....well maybe on some of those unusually chilly mornings we may sometimes have here. But these mitts are perfect! Fingerless mitts are wonderful, I am free to sip tea, type, even craft! The pattern is my own in simple knit stitch, but a wonderful stitch to use for mitts! The ribbing gives a longer look to the hands and the stretchiness of the stitch allows it to fit the most petite hand to much larger hands! You know I love roses, so to top it off I knitted a cabbage rose taken from Nicky Epstein's book Knitted flowers.

I have cast on for another pair in a beautiful olive green in merino wool, and think I will add small glass seed beads in the flower center....lovely! It is something about knitting that is so relaxing, soothing and comforting.....it really is! I will be showing you a few projects of mine in the comings weeks and hope those of you who do not knit will become bitten by the knitting bug! :o) There is lots of beautiful knitting going on in blogland, and to see even more beautiful knitted pieces, you must visit Tracy at Pink Purl! That is one knitting little lady, not to mention all her other talents! :o) For those of you who do knit, what are your favorite things to knit? Mine are pretty and feminine accessories like lacy scarves, mitts, shawls, socks and other small knits especially small knits I can add knitted flowers to! :o) Wishing all of you a beautiful week!

She seeks wool and flax
And willing works with her hands.

Proverbs 31:13 (NKJV)

Smiles....

Beverly

13 comments:

Lynda said...

Those are beautiful, Beverly! I just bought a pair of fingerless gloves from Tracy that I just love! I've tried knitting but can't do it with my tendonitis. Have a great week! ~ Lynda xo

the feathered nest said...

Just beautiful Beverly! Knitting does seem like it would be relaxing once you get the hang of it. My daughter and I are learning to knit and right now it's just frustrating! :-)

Mnuela

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hang in there Manuela! I promise you it gets easier. There are some lovely patterns out there just using the simple knit stitch! :o)

Hang in there, before you know it you will be purling along!!

Smiles...

Beverly

Marcela said...

Hello my dear Beverly
I don't know hot to knit...My mother loves knitting and she says is very relaxing!!!
Your mitts are Wonderful!!!
Have a wonderful week my dear
Love
Marcela

Betty Jo said...

Oh my you are so talented Beverly! You are always up to something beautiful. I just found a new How To Knit book I planned to add to my store soon. Perhaps I should keep it instead and study it myself! xoxo

Tracy said...

LOVELY, Beverly! Just love the mitts--the color, stitch and not least the big, blousy rose! So glad to see you knitting! And you are so sweet to mention me and my humble stitching. I love to knit, and tend toward beautiful, classic feminine styles in gorgeous yarns with relatively simple design and shape. Winter is the perfect time for knitting, so I intended to do as much as I can. Happy stitching and happy week, dear friend ((HUGS))

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Those are beautiful! Now I want to pull out one of my many unfinished knitting projects and start knitting again!

Judy said...

Beverly,
How talented you are!!! The are terrific and the added rose makes them just lovely!!

NAME: CIELO said...

Oh my gosh, those are so beautiful! I remembered when I could knit. My mom taught me to knit when I was six. I used to sit in the veranda with a pair of dull needles and some colorful handspun yarns... I don’t know how to knit now (how embarrassing!)

Have a lovely evening!

Daisy Cottage said...

Beverly, those are so sweet, cozy, AND beautiful! Really nice - oh talented one!!!

xo,
Kim

Tea said...

Great post, Beverly! Your rose mitts are beautiful! I've seen lots of patterns for mitts, but your thinking on the garter stitch for stretchiness & lengthening the overall look is very well thought out. Yes, they are quite ingenious! :)

I really love knitting, and I'm working on a new wrap..posting next week hopefully.
Again, love this knitting post!

Britt-Arnhild said...

I love the white rose. is it knitted or chrocketed?

YayaOrchid said...

Just found your blog and I must say it is beautiful! I LOVE, LOVE, your mitts! But alas, is there a pattern you could share with this humble reader? I am hoping it's simple, because I have never ventured to make socks or mitts before. But yours are so pretty, I'd really like to give it a try.