Friday, October 12, 2007

Home Sweet Home.....

Hoping each of you had a most beautiful week. These weeks seem to fly by. With so much to do so many places to be, the end of the week comes upon you rather quickly... My camera was not behaving well yesterday evening, so I had to search my pictures for some photos for my post today. I know some of you may have already seen my first photo some months back, I hope you don''t mind it once more. :o) But to most of you they are all brand new!

You ever visit a friend, or family member who has a humble dwelling. Nothing fancy, but it is something so peaceful and comforting about visiting them. They have little treasures sitting around in the form of things they love and cherish. All these little treasures seem to have a story... This was given to me by my great aunt... My mom she gave this to me when I was a little girl... and you watch her as she carefully places it back in its place, you smile because you realize that's just why you love your home so much... My home brings a smile to my face every time I step through the door, not because it is dressed with the finest in furnishings nor have I been ask if it can be used in the next big motion picture movie LOL! But it has little touches of love all over that really make me smile. That is what I love so much about my friends in blog land... So many of you have allowed so many others to see another side of beauty another reasons for loving your homes so much, and I love that!!

You remind me to continue to appreciate all my little tea cups, linens, family recipes, a bowl of beautiful fresh strawberries to all of my little vintage thrifted treasures. You are an inspiration!! Speaking of little treasures, I found this little basket while out thrifting. The photo does not show its true beauty, it has pretty little silk leaves and beaded berries. I will have to take another photo for you. My little tricycle I have had for a while, but boy do I love that little thing. Sometimes it is the simple things that bring so much happiness to you, your home and those around you....


Yes, it's pretty hard, the optimistic old woman admitted.
I have to get along with only two teeth
one upper, one lower
but, thank goodness they meet!

Jo Petty
Smiles...


Beverly

33 comments:

Spinneretta said...

You are right... our own household has many things that were my Mother-in-Laws things... we are very careful with them... my husband has so many tales that go with them!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

What a lovely post.
I especially like the colors of those flowers in the top photo!
:)

Lynda said...

Beautiful post, Beverly! A home needs to be filled with love and happy memories. ~ hugs, Lynda ♥

Kari & Kijsa said...

Sush a true and lovely post! A perfect example of how we should strive to love our homes!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Andylynne said...

I love your little things, the wire basket in particular is sweet. Life has so many treasures, the morelove is represented in them, the more we treasure the items. Have a wonderful weekend

G.L.H. said...

Hello! I came to your lovely blog through The Jacobite Rose--loved my visit, and I will be back soon!

--Barbara

Sandy said...

Hi Beverly,
Just found your blog and just had to let you know I stopped by and truly enjoyed your delightful blog!
Sweet post ~ my first thoughts were of my mother in laws home with all her little trinkets she collected in Europe ~ huge Hummels that cost her next to nothing but she treasures dearly today ~ not because of their value but because of the memories they hold.

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you'll come by and visit me.

Blessings,
Sandy

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Your photographs are always so beautiful but your words are even more so!

clara said...

Oh I would love to take a ride in that tricycle! ;-)

Me too, I love those little stories behind each item. It's like having little pieces of history.

Kate said...

You are so right, I love the little stories that go with the treasures at my Grandmothers house.

willzmom said...

I enjoyed looking at your wonderful, cherished things. Thanks for sharing them. Please eamil me your address(lotsoflittlethings@yahoo.com) so that I can get your surprise out to you. (I won't publish it of coarse).

Mary Isabella said...

Thank you so much for sharing your sweet things. We too have alot of things that belong to my husbands family. We cherrish them greatly. Hane a really special weekend. Mary

Deanna said...

Hi Beverly,
I totally agree about what you say about people's homes. It's the little things that mean a lot. Too much grandeur almost makes a home cold. I love for my friends to tell me how they came across a certain piece. Maybe it was Grandma's...maybe Auntie's...but everything in our homes should tell a story.

Blessings to you,
Deanna

Kari & Kijsa said...

That card in the picture is beautiful....worthy of framing. What a lovely post!

Have a blessed day!

kari and kijsa

Lisa said...

What a beautiful blog to browse. Love all your little treasures. Just found this site but I'll be back for another visit. Have a great weekend!

Sandra said...

Thanks for the reminder to appreciate and enjoy our home and memories. I also enjoyed the quote about the older lady with two teeth...very cute!

I really enjoy your blog; it's such a peaceful and inspiring place to visit...thank you.

Wild Rose said...

I love this post Beverly. I think that our homes are such important places and should be filled with the things we treasure.

Marie x

Natalie said...

More loveliness from Beverly. I knew I would find a tonic here. Thank you dear.

tash said...

I agree with you do much - it's not the cost of the things in your home it's what they mean to you, the memories they hold. Lovely post.

Gardengirl said...

Greeting Beverly. I just discovered your blog this morning and have spent some time reading some of your past posts. Your blog is sooooooo beautiful !!!! I sense that you too love roses and the cards you make are breathtaking. I'll be back soon.

the feathered nest said...

Beverly, beautiful, heartfelt post! Beautiful pictures as well.

Manuela

Abbie said...

Hi Bev,
Oh, that tricycle is sweet! Thank you for the peeks.. to me they are new! :) Enjoy your week!
Smiles,
Abbie

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Oh gosh! Only two teeth! I have bad dreams about ending up this way LOL.
I love all the little special spots you are showing today :)

moderncountry said...

Hi Beverly!
Yes, i had a great week, and weekend too thank you :) And how was your weekend? I have been looking at your favourite things, i soooo love them!!Treasures indeed :)Enjoy a creative week, Greetings from Aina

Kimberley said...

Hiyas, Beverly :)

I couldn't agree more! It's always the things that belonged to family members that I treasure the most. The stories and sentiment behind them make them so special, that and the fact that they loved them so much.

Thanks for sharing,
Kimberley

Ragged Roses said...

It is all the things that you mentioned that make a house a home and I agree that blogging has made me appreciate them more!
Kim x

daisy cottage said...

Beverly, I couldn't agree with you more - and your home definitely reflects your beautiful soul.. such a sweet place to visit and love. The basket is precious!

xo,
Kim

Betty Jo said...

Beverly you always have such gorgeous photos, old or new. That quote is absolutely priceless! Now that's optimism!! xoxo

cd&m said...

It's those special little treasure that turn a house into a home.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Ah yes.... some of the sweetest homes that I have been too were had simple but ample furnishings. Nothing fancy but filled with love. Thanks for the rememberence.
Barbara

When We Were Young said...

When I was young I did not appreciate that the little tings I was gathering would become part of our family's memories together. Our home is filled with small pieces of art from my children, a knicknack from a vacation, my mom's baby shoe...Great post!

Tea said...

Thank you for remembering the nothing fancy folks. They are the salt of the earth! I'm sure you know this well. This post is heartfelt and wonderful.

Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

Such a lovely post and I love the flowers. Home definately is where the heart is :)

tea
xo