Monday, October 8, 2007

Heart Talk......

This morning, I slept in a little later than I had planned. Jumping up looking at the clock, I could not believe it was eight a.m.. The last time I checked it was only six-thrity! It only felt like a few more moments of sleep! So getting out of bed, I sat for a spell and here I am. I decided to do my posting first then have breakfast. I am dreaming of a cup of coffee with whipped cream on top, I am not much of a coffee drinker, and think I am one of a few people who have not had a Starbucks cup of coffee as yet. Nope, I take that back...one morning several years back, Honey picked me up a small cup. Hmmmm for some reason I never had another, and if I remember...it was a pretty pricey cup of coffee. :o) I hope my sister is not reading this, she is a Starbucks fan, as a matter of fact, I can almost say one of their biggest fans LOL! Must be something special about them, they have millions of loyal Starbuckers! :o)

I checked the blog yesterday evening, and had the sweetest comment from a new reader Deanna at "My Love Affair With Thrift Shops". She congratulated me on receiving the " A Blog With A Heart Award "on my new blog "A Lilac In My Path" given to me by Phyllis at "Shabby In The City". Now I know many of you know Phyllis, a precious lady with a big heart. If you have not yet visited her please do, you will be so delighted...

Deanna is the designer of this beautiful award, and went on to say she had been reading Tea Time and Roses for a couple of weeks now and feel this blog deserves it too... I still remember so clearly the moment I made my first post to Tea Time and Roses, I was so nervous I could hardly get the words down. I had been reading blogs for almost a year before I said ok I can do this! During that year I never left one comment... So all of you out there who read but do not comment. It is not that bad you can do it! Take it from a girl who knows, once you get started you will be one commenting queen LOL! And hearing from you is such a delight! To see the "A Blog With A Heart" award just scroll down, and it is on the right. Also be sure and visit Deanna... Thank you Deanna and Phyllis so much, and I am both humbled and pleased for your thoughts on Tea Time and A Lilac in My Path...

To each of you out there, who take time and read and leave a sweet word. I just want you to know, I really want you to know just how much it warms my heart. Tea Time and Roses and now A Lilac In My Path is not a means for passing time, for me it is from the heart.... You all are a great bunch of ladies...

A merry heart
make a cheerful countenance.
But by sorrow of the heart
the spirit is broken.

Proverbs 15:13

Have a lovely week each of you....

Beverly

26 comments:

clara said...

Congratulations Beverly! Your thoughts and your sharing just brightens up my day!

rebekka said...

You are like me...8 am is really sleeping in! :)

Rebekka

Spinneretta said...

Congratulations... you deserve those awards :)
There are some blogs you always feel you need to make time for, and yours is definitely one of those, very peaceful and serene.
And for what it is worth, I have not had a strabucks coffee either (unless we had one in Barnes and Noble when their little coffee area became Starbucks... but even THAT is a rare thing LOL). I do admit to liking the look of the pumpkin flavoured one though... ;)

ginger at enchanting cottage said...

You must of needed the sleep! I am a BIG coffee drinker and I look forward to it daily, but I do not care for starbucks coffee its way to strong for me.Congratulations on your award! I am so glad I found your blog it is so pleasing.
Have a blessed day
ginger

Mary Isabella said...

You truly deserve that award!!! I am not a coffee drinker but really do like my hot tea in the morning.Many blessings. Mary

nannykim said...

Yes--I agree , there is lots of encouragement in blogging! It is a great thing for women (since we all love to communicate!)--I think it can really be use of God to lift up our hearts.

Tea said...

Mmmm...coffee with whipped cream sounds wonderful. I love my coffee (Eight O'clock brand in Hazelnut flavor), but I'm afraid to try Starbucks as I don't want them getting all my yarn money. ;)

Congratulations on your award; you are quite deserving, and thank you for the links to the other great blogs. It's so refreshing to read good news!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

See there! I'd give it to you all over again :) And some chocolate too!

Lynda said...

Congratulations on your award, Beverly! You truly deserve it. I'm not much of a coffee drinker either ... just my one cup in the morning of half coffee/half hot milk. I think I've had a Starbucks once but I will admit to buying their frappacinos at the grocery store during the summer! ~ hugs, Lynda xo

dottycookie said...

Congratulations Beverly - you deserve it. You posts always make me feel better!

Britt-Arnhild said...

Ha, we don't have Starbucks here in Norway :-) I go for Italian caffee latte.....

Deanna said...

Hi Beverly,
Thank you so much for your sweet comments. You made me blush a rosy red! When I visit your blog, I feel as though I walk into a beautiful parlor and the conversation there holds my interest. I don't know what it is, but some blogs have that gentle effect. Maybe it's your color scheme...(I love the background color) but I sincerely believe it's your gift of putting your words together to create the feeling as if you are really there, sitting on a settee, drinking a cup of sweet lemon tea. Such a calming blog and with lot's of heart too!

God bless,
Deanna :)

dani said...

Congratulations!

This is my first visit to your blog...I love your thoughts, photos and treasures.

I'll be back...take care. Dani
ps I've never had a Starbucks coffee either. *smile*

Ragged Roses said...

Congrats on your Award Beverly, it is so well deserved. Your blog is always such a warm. lovely place to visit.
Kim x (a fellow blogger who has never had a Starbucks coffee!)

Becky K. said...

O.k., so first, I love the name of your blog. Tea Time and Roses, what girl wouldn't click on that out of the long list that I was looking at...then to come over and read your last few posts. I truly enjoyed my brief time spent here and will definitely be back.
So soothing!
Blessings to you and congrats on the awards!
A first time visitor,
Becky K.

the feathered nest said...

Congratulations Beverly! I love reading your blog! I can't believe you are able to resist the temptation of Pumpkin Lattes at Starbucks!

Manuela

Andylynne said...

Well deserved award. Nice matters and so does the heart. You have it all.

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Congratulations, Beverly! You are so very deserving! =)

Flea Market Queen said...

Good for you!
Congrats...
Priscilla

Laurie said...

That is so sweet. I have been reading your blog too and I thought it was so neat that you received the award my sister Deanna designed. I think you put your thoughts down very well. I wish I had that talent.

Laurie

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Laurie...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment to my blog. I am so happy that you stop by for a visit. How exciting to get a brand new addition to your home. We could always use a little extra space. :o)

I am looking forward to hearing from you again, that would be just delightful.. Well a new weekend quickly approaching, you and your family have a wonderful one...

Smiles...

Beverly

cd&m said...

Enjoy that coffee as much as you relish these awards a very big CONGRATUALTIONS you deserve them so much.

KarenHarveyCox said...

Beverly, Thank you for writing such nice comments on my blog. I agree Starbucks is a bit pricy but it is such a REAL cup of coffee. Thank you for the links to other lovely places in Blogland. Congratulations on your award. Your place is truly a lovely place to visit. Blessings, Karen

Cheryl said...

Oh you are so sweet, Beverly! You definitely deserve that award! Thanks for the encouraging words, as always. :) hugs, cheryl :)

Suzie Sews said...

your blog is full of warmth and love and such inspiring words...I do not read it every day but when I do it is such a treat. Thank you for taking the time to keep us all so uplifted.
Suzie Sews

melissa @ the inspired room said...

Congratulations on your award, your blog is wonderful. I love the sentiments you shared about why you blog.

You are a dear, you deserve the award!

But, NO Starbucks? That is just hard to imagine! Yet, somehow we got by for many years without them, so I guess it isn't that unimaginable! LOL! You are a smart lady too!

Take care!

Melissa