Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A few of my favorite things......

Hello everyone, I hope your week has been wonderful thus far... For me, it has been very good more house cleaning than crafting! But a wonderful one none the less...

I wanted to share something different with you this week... A few of my favorite things! Of course there is a story behind each little piece. I think I will do this in three parts through out the season. I hope you enjoy it!!

I was so excited when my daughter brought these tiny little boxes home to me! They actually were little sewing kits with needles and tiny spools of thread inside. They make perfect pill boxes, and trinket holders, and she paid less than four dollars for all of them! I have had them now approximately five years and they still look so pretty no tarnishing or fading! I love them so much. I carry one with me when I have a weekend away and leave the others tucked away in my treasure box... Yes, I actually have a treasure box where I keep little goodies I find..

This photo does not capture the true beauty of this locket... The chain is about thirty inches long. The locket opens with enough room for a small picture or another small treasure. A gift given to me from my dear sweet Mother.... Notice the little butterfly on front.

Out visiting our favorite little shops, I came across this bracelet, and the price was just right! After close examination...there was not one stone missing and the bracelet fits me perfectly. I am a big girl and finding bracelets to fit and look good can be a problem at times. But this one was just waiting for me and I love it!

How many of you out there love beaded bags!! I sure do, oh my goodness I sure do! This one had two of my favorite things roses and beads. The roses are all embroidered and so pretty... I am so glad God made me a girl, just look at what I would be missing!

I plan to get some crafting done this weekend and have something new to show you... I have not worked on my embroidery for a while, and I am trying to finish up a scarf I have been working on for quite some time. Remember, I have a few of my favorite things to share with you throughout the season. Have a wonderful rest of the week...


Ones destination
is never a place but rather
a new way of looking at things.

Henry Miller


Smiles....

Beverly

30 comments:

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Wow, I love every single one of those too! That locket your mother gave you is gorgeous!

Lynda said...

I can see why they're among your favourite things, Beverly! They're all so beautiful! Thanks for the wonderful quote! ~ hugs, Lynda ♥

Mary Isabella said...

LOve them all. They are so beautiful. mary

Inspired Tokens said...

I love the tiny boxes, and the locket is just stunning. Isn't it wonderful to have such special things?

Flea Market Queen said...

Oh I love all your treasures!
The beaded bag is so lovely...
I can see why these are your favorite things...
Priscilla

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Your blog is such a happy place! I love all of your treasures... and that bracelet is absolutely STUNNING!

Judy said...

Beverly, I can see why these are some of your favorite things. How wonderful to have little treasures with stories to tell. Thanks for sharing them.

Tracy said...

Love your Favorite Things theme, Beverly! These are wonderful treasures! I love them all--the jewerly especially. That beaded bag is a work of art as well. Youe enjoy embroidery, have your done/tried embroidery with beads? Looking forward to you next Favorite Things installment...and seeing all the pretties you've been working on lately. Happy Days ((HUGS))

Tea said...

I'm glad God made me a girl,too! :)
When I read that I giggled and sighed and nodded and admired your beautiful treasures knowing I was in especially good company.

the feathered nest said...

Hi Beverly, they're all so gorgeous I can see why they're special to you. The little needle cases are so charming. I've never seen those before.The jewelry is just so beautiful too.

Manuela

KJ said...

I feel like I got to peek into your chest of drawers! What pretty keepsakes and treasures! I think the beaded bag was my favorite. At first, it looked like it was completely stitched. Then I saw the reflection of light off the beads.

If you have a moment, I am celebrating my 100th post with a special Giveaway. Although, the drawing is going to be random, I did think of YOU and your garden when I was purchasing the goodies!

Blessings, KJ

daisy cottage said...

Beverly these are so PRECIOUS! Your Mom's locket - oh so special... the beaded bag- be still my heart! The sweet boxes, so meaningful - I know you treasure all of these things. Thank you for sharing them with us!
xo,
Kim

Andylynne said...

Rain drops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens..... Filigre lockets straight from the heart. Rose beaded purses,rare works of art:) you have a wonderful sense of style!

KarenHarveyCox said...

Beverly, these are wonderful treasures, especially because they hold special stories and connections. I love your blog. Blessings, Karen

dottycookie said...

All very beautiful treasures, but the locket? Oh, I haven't seen anything as pretty as that in a long time. You're a lucky lady!

Tea Time and Roses said...

andylynne, what a beautiful piece of poetry....thank you so much!

Beverly :o)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Ooooo I'll take the bracelet and the needlepoint purse LOL!!! You have an eye for beauty I can see that!

Ragged Roses said...

Thank you so much for sharing these with us, they are all so beautiful. What wonderful things, it's good to be a girl!
Kimx

tash said...

What a lovely collection of such pretty things! You're not alone in having a box of heavenly things - I have one too and bring it out whenever I need a smile. Have a good weekend!

Kimberley said...

Absolutely gorgeous favourite things! I especially love the locket (I love butterflies the way you love roses!), and that bracelet is lovely, too.

I am so glad that those things are in the care of someone who will take such care of, and joy in, them.

Have a great day,
Kimberley

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

You certainly have some beautiful things! Your photography is beautiful as well! I enjoyed browsing your blog!

Katherine

Natalie said...

Beverly, your blog is a favorite treasure of mine.

Britt-Arnhild said...

The locket is just beautiful.....and so are your other treasures as well.

Deanna said...

Hi Beverly. My name is Deanna and I designed the - A Blog With A Heart award. I'm very pleased to see it on your blog because I have spent the better part of the week reading both blogs. What a beautiful woman you are, inside and out.

God bless you always,
Deanna :)

Deanna said...

I had to come back and tell you that you should place the award on Tea Time and Roses. I think it deserves it!

Bless you,
Deanna :)

Jude said...

Beautiful blog. You don't look old enough to be a grandmother.

Kate said...

That purse so much of something my grandmother had which I loved as a child. Your blog is gorgeous.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Oh my goodness Beverly! I love all of these little goodies from your treasure chest! I don't know if I could even choose a favorite!
Barbara

bj said...

I keep coming back to your beautiful site...I am so glad I found it.
Now, girl, I can see why you love all these things...they are every one just beautiful. If sometime, tho, you miss that LOVELY beaded, purse, don't look too hard around MY house!! lol It really is a pretty thing!
bj

Marcela said...

Hello Beverly.
I `ve been thinking about your beautiful blog and I came back to read it... There are a lot of posts I have to read.
Those boxes are so beautiful, and your tags in the picture above... are fantastic!! Great! I have no words... I am going to continue reading...
I send you a big hug.
Marcela