Monday, October 29, 2007

Bits and Pieces.....

Well hello to all of you! It is a quiet Monday morning, and most of all a clear and beautiful morning... The task of getting so many families the help they need in effort to get them on the way of rebuilding is now taking place... I have seen so many sadden faces over the past week, so many tears so much pain...and yet I have seen many smiles on the faces of those so thankful their families are safe and together ready to move forward... I've tried to put myself in their place, which I realize is impossible. I would like to say what I would do in tragedy such as this, but the truth is I just do not know...

I discovered a really sweet blog "Lots of Little Things" not too long ago. I am enjoying it so much! Well I won Romona's candy corn count contest... a jar full of delicious candy corn and you had to guess how many was in that jar! Well I did it, I was close enough to be one of the winners and was sent a most beautiful yummy surprise by Romona... I will be posting photos on my next post! But I will tell you this, Romona is a girl after thine own heart!

I am working so hard to open my little Etsy shop... Why oh why does it seem like it's all kinda blurry right now. I want to see clearly LOL! I have been cutting, punching, and cutting and punching, but it seems as though the more I cut the more I need to cut! Honey encourages me in reminders of my set backs in the past weeks, and I guess he is right. I have decided to take a deep breath and enjoy the process. And I have been doing this long enough to know...a work done in joy is bound to be your best work...

I have so many wonderful things planned for you in the shop... So so many paper goodies, from antique papers for collage, vintage paper finds, tags which I love, there is so much you can do with a beautiful tag and I am one who believes when giving a gift that your packaging should be a gift in its self! Note cards, mini tea invites...a tiny note card you slip to a friend inviting her to tea or just for a visit, I just know you will love these! A Couture line using Swarovski Crystals... These crystals are beautiful and add ooh la la to tags and cards... The tags shown have the crystals in topaz...lovely lovely! I have set a grand opening date for Novemberb 25 Thanksgiving weekend. One to one hundred pieces that is the date LOL! I have lots of work to do till then and I will remember to...enjoy the process. :o)


If the whole world followed you,
Followed to the letter,
Tell me...
Would the world be better?

Jo Petty

Have a most lovely week...


Beverly

35 comments:

Wild Rose said...

Hi Beverly,

Your tags are so beautiful. I know that your Etsy shop is going to be a success.

Thanks for sharing a piece of wisdom 'a work done in joy is bound to be your best work'...

Have a great week and enjoy the creative process.

Marie x

Deanna said...

Hi Beverly,
glad to see you up and running.
Congrats on the candy corn guess! I love candy corn!

Lovely tags and such creativity! Best wishes for you on your Etsy shop.

Hugs,
Deanna :)

KJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KJ said...

YEA! I am excited for YOU! I can't wait for your GRAND OPENING! The tags are beautiful and I definitely subscribe to your philosophy of gift embellishment!

So good to be reading your posts again!

KJ

Mary Isabella said...

The scarecrows and pumpkins are really nice. Am glad the morning was beautiful for you and that you are up and about. My prayer is for you to have a beautifuly blessed week. Mary

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Hello Beverly! So nice to see that you are posting once again, and that you are feeling better!!!

I really look forward to the grand opening of your etsy shop. I'm certain your offering will be just stunning!

hugs to you! =)

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Hello Beverly! So nice to see that you are posting once again, and that you are feeling better!!!

I really look forward to the grand opening of your etsy shop. I'm certain your offering will be just stunning!

hugs to you! =)

Nonnie said...

The tags look really lovely. I'll look forward to visiting your etsy shop once it opens. Sounds like you're going to be selling some lovely things. I really love your quote about work done in joy being your best work. I think that is so true. Sometimes it's easy to forget such things in this busy crazy World. I've really been enjoying the creating I've been doing in the last few days so hopefully this will show in the work. Have a lovely week.

Andylynne said...

What beautiful tags, your ideas are so sweet and yellow too just the color for my kitchen. It could use some Ooh la la believe me :) Iv'r prayed for So Ca.and the fires, I grew up there and have friends and family old and new there.

Tracy said...

So glad you are back, Beverly, and, by the sounds of it,that you are feeling better. I been thinking about what's been happening in your corner of the world...and cannot comprehend all the devestation. I pray and pray...Your thought motto of smiling and carrying on is admirable. As is your joy in the process of creating, of keeping your eye on the prize. Your tags are gorgeous! I'm so excited about your shop and seeing all the goodies you've got in store for us! And speaking of a goodie--stop by and see me when you can. I've tagged you for a great new meme! Happy Days creating, my dear friend ((HUGS))

ShabbyInTheCity said...

How exciting! And you've posted my ad (thank you!) Can't wait to see your shop :)

the feathered nest said...

Beverly, I'm so looking forward to the opening of your Etsy store!

Manuela

Jen r. said...

I love those tags, they are beautiful! Jen R

Laurie said...

Beautiful work! I hope you have a wonderful week.

Laurie

When We Were Young said...

Beverly,

Your gorgeous sunny disposition is sure to help those with whom you have been working! Best wishes on youor shop. You are such an artist, i am sure it will be lovely!

Simonetta said...

Ciao Beverly,compliments for your blog, is very nice :))))

tash said...

You're a really clever crafter, and the things you're making are so pretty. Good luck with your Etsy shop.

Kimberley said...

I can't wait for your opening! How excited you must be :) I think that you are very wise to breathe deeply and enjoy every bit of the process-- even when it seems difficult to do.

Best of luck!
Kimberley

willzmom said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments-you always make me smile! I can't wait till you get that shop opened! I know I'll be stopping by often.

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Your tags are lovely! You are going to do great on Etsy....

Happy Halloween.
Penny

Miles Away In France said...

The tags are really nice, good luck with the etsy shop.

Racheal x

KarenHarveyCox said...

Oh Beverly, I bet you are enjoying the creating stage of designing treasures for your Etsy shop. Sometimes I enjoy the process even more than the finished results. I can't wait to see your things, everything you create seems to be beautiful. Happy creating. Blessings, Karen

KJ said...

Hello Beverly!

I appreciated your comment on Goulet! I am going to download his signature song just because I loved hearing him sing it.

I wanted to make sure that you didn't miss the post on Friendship. Have you ever been doing a particular post and found yourself thinking about a specific individual the entire time? Well, despite the fact that I have been acquainted with you for such a short time, I was indeed thinking about YOU! Much of it is because of the way your blog has touched me. However, I also know that the content of my post consists of things you like to include in your own musings.

Anyway, if you haven't already, be sure to check it out.

Have a fabulous day!

KJ

justabeachkat said...

Beverly

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet sweet comment. Please come again...anytime...you're always welcome.

I've enjoyed my visit here too. I was sorry to see you've been sick too. (I've had a nasty head cold.) Hope you're better now.

Hugs!
Kat

Whimsy Pink said...

Those tags are cute! I know I need to get my etsy going too!

Posy said...

Hi Beverly,
First can I say that I really do appreciate all your lovely comments on my blog. Thank you. Secondly, your photo is so lovely, I know that sounds strange (I'm not I assure you!)but there is something so serene about your sweet face. Just lovely.
Glad you are feeling better, those tags are wonderful - well done!
Warmest,
Jane

joan said...

Hi Beverly,

See you on Sandy's blog Dream Create Inspire and thought I would come by for a visit. You have a lovely blog and it looks like you love pretty pictures as much as I do. Enjoyed my visit here, will be back.

Flea Market Queen said...

I love the tags...
Best wishes on your Etsy!
Priscilla

Inspired Tokens said...

Your tags are lovely, I can't wait to see more.

NAME: CIELO said...

Hi Beverly... thanks you for visiting my site today and for your sweet message... Your thoughts, and beautiful blog is an inspiration for all who reads you.

Love,

Cielo

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Beverly, I love those tags, just lovely. congratulations on opening an ETSY shop, I think you will love it there, it is a fun site.

bj said...

What a lovely blog you have. I am fairly new and haven't even really started on seeing all the beautiful blogs. Probably will never see them all.
I have a new blog and would love for you to come see me there. I will sure be back to see you !!
I am adding you to my favorite list of blogs....
bj

Kate said...

Good luck with the Etsy shop - I think it will do fabulously!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Can't wait to see all your creations in your Etsy shop, you are so talented!

Katherine

Lynda said...

Your tags look beautiful! I can't wait to see your shop up and running. ~ hugs, Lynda ♥