Thursday, September 20, 2007

Silhouette....

Hello to all of you and hoping your week has been a wonderful one... Mine has been rather nice, I took it kind of easy really, but I did get some knitting in. In my very first post March 12th, I introduced myself and told you a little about me. As I think back I cannot tell you how nervous I was as I typed my humble intro... At that time I talked about a piece I designed called "Silhouette". I am so proud of the piece and it was the first piece I wanted to show! Well after some advice from family and friends I sadly took Silhouette down and did what I needed to do to have her registered and protected... Well guess what! Here is Silhouette! all registered and ready for her debut!
registration 749-497

I was advised that it would take four to six months for the process, and boy they were not kidding! I was told I could put it up prior to receiving her registration number, but I decided to wait... I hope you all love it...

Even though I talked about it a little in March, let me tell you more about her... By the way I have a second piece completed in the series soon to show....well about six months! In the summer of 2004 I was baby sitting my sweet little grand daughter while she was on summer break... With my head dancing with new paper thoughts, I asked her how would she like for me to do a silhouette of her. The kind we used to do in school with the light and wall. She was so excited! We never did get around to it that summer, but the thought of it never left my mind...

registration 749-497

I came up with the idea of a silhouette on a card for giving so I designed one... It was ok, but lack something, I wanted to take it a step further. Looking around my studio my eyes landed on this black yarn... and that is when the idea of hair came to be... Her bust and facial image was designed and hand cut by me and no two images will be the same. I am really proud of her. It took me three days to finish, but I was so amazed at how real this yarn allowed her hair to look! I actually had no prior style in mind, but I knew I wanted it to look natural so I gave her a few whispies in her hair...

I have decided to have the Silhouettes placed in shadow box and thought that would be the most beautiful way to display it... I do plan to complete the series and go from there.....

You know it makes me feel so good to do what I love, and as we crafters and designers know...most often than not we did not choose our love for what we do, it chose us! I cannot get through a day without my crafting or at least thinking about it! LOL

A friend is someone who accepts you
warts, wrinkles, weight

and all.... unconditionally.

Author unknown

Have a most beautiful day....

Beverly

34 comments:

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

OH MY GOSH! That is amazing! I can't believe you made that! The hair is just beautiful! You are quite the artist!

Mary Isabella said...

OOOOOOOH IAM SPEECHLESS the silhouette is so amazing!!!! You are truly blessed with talent. Mary

Skrotmaja said...

Wow! It is wonderful : ) I have never seen anything like it...

Thank you for your visit on my blog. I understand it is difficult to read swedish...! I am showing one part of our living room, which I have redecorated during this autumn. Most things are bought at auctions and flea markets and have been repaired by me. Other things are made by me (the shelf over the the sofa for instance. It is made of parts from my grandmother's organ).

Now I must go back to the pictures of your silhouette again : )

/Skrotmaja

KarenHarveyCox said...

This is so beautiful, and so well designed. Blessings, Karen

Spinneretta said...

Beautiful :) And both original AND vintage inspired!

Meg said...

This is art, a real heirloom keepsake. I think it is brilliantly wonderful. The most beautiful silhouette I've ever seen. My Mom had ones done of me and my brothers in the 1950's. I was fascinated watching the artist cut the black paper. She did it cold-no shadow, no lights. NO MATTER HOW YOU MADE THIS, I LOVE IT. Quite right to register it, good for you.

KJ said...

Beverly, this is awesome!!! I am so glad that you protected your artwork! I thought for sure that you had used real hair! You are one gifted lady in such a diverse area of giftings!

I am looking forward to the series!

Hugs, kj

Michelle said...

I love your silhouette. It is beautiful.I'm glad you have it protected. Can't wait to see more.

Cottage said...

Beverly it's FABULOUS!! Truly AMAZING and Beautiful!

tina said...

Your silhouette art piece is as beautiful as you are Beverly! I just adore it! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

You should be proud of her. Your work is amazing. She is beautiful.

Mélanie said...

This silhouette looks gorgeous. I love it , it is so cute

Britt-Arnhild said...

She is beautiful!
Your artwork is great.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

This really is an amazing piece. Gorgeous. I'm thinking Oprah needs to see it and have one as well. Will you write her...or should I?!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Oh my goodness! That is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and heartwarming!

creativity in progress said...

Absolutely beautiful! You have such great talents. I love to read your blog, very uplifting.

Blanca

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so creative and so original.

Lynda said...

Just beautiful, Beverly!! ~ hugs, Lynda ♥

tash said...

You've caught an expression wonderfully, she's definitely a star! Well done.

Andylynne said...

How beautiful, what an outstanding work of art. I will be anxious to see the rest of the series.

the feathered nest said...

That hair is so realistic. Just amazing! Brilliant!

Manuela

Tea said...

A treasure of your own making! She's very elegant.

Tracy said...

You are a wonder, Beverly! Truly This is an excpetional piece of artwork, just stunning! The hair looks soo real! What is it made of? Can't wait to see what you next piece looks like! Happy weekend to you, my friend ((HUGS))

Natalie said...

It's so nice to see her again... I missed her and should have asked after her!
That is so exciting that she is registered too. I remember your first post... hey, you've come a long way... just look at all these comments and new blogging friends! Awesome ;-)

Raindrops said...

Stunning. Look forward to seeing more in the series Tricia

Ragged Roses said...

That is absolutely beautiful!
Kim x

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Hello Beverly! I am honored that my flute post touched you the way it did. Now I feel I MUST pull out my flute, shine it up, and start playing again!

Abbie said...

oh Beverly! She is gorgeous! Your design, the layout, everything is fabulous! Most excellently done!
She put a smlie on my face!
:) Abbie

cd&m said...

Beverly she is absolutely gorgeous.

Tips Of All Sorts said...

Wow, it has so much character and it's really special. Wonderful artwork!

daisy cottage said...

Beverly - be very proud, for that indeed is a masterpiece. So beautiful, really and truly beautiful.

xo,
Kim

Wild Rose said...

Congratulations Beverly - simply stunning.

Marie x

Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

Hi :)

I came over from Willow House and wow.......this card is absolutely stunning! This would sell in a shop for sure :) I love the colours and textures....so soft yet chic!

tea
xo

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

How beautiful Beverly! I love the little wispies in her hair! Just lovely!
Barbara