Friday, September 28, 2007

Precious little book.....

Well hello.... I cannot believe it is Friday already! I hope each of you had a most wonderful week. I am very pleased with the progress I made this week. My mental list is now on paper, and I am checking them off!

I know most of you probably save greeting cards like I do, especially the ones that come from those special people in your life... I still have little notes and hand made cards my daughter made for me in school...that is a long time, but like you I will have them forever. Honey and I have stored away our sweet letters we wrote when he was away at sea as a new sailor! We sometimes take them out and spend an afternoon reading them... You know, I have to laugh at some of the things we said to one another...young and in love.

As you know, I love designing and making cards. These beautiful vintage rose cards were made by using the pages of a little book I had that for some reason was totally falling apart. All the pages lifted from the spine, and no way would I throw out these beautiful pages. I had already read the book with its beautiful poems and thoughts on the true beauty of a women. So I decided to use the pages and make cards... You had a glance at two cards in a distance in my silhouette post, but I wanted to share the rest with you. Making these card were wonderful and I feel like I made good use of that precious little book...I even use the content page LOL!

I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend. It is suppose to be cool here and that is nice. I am enjoying the cooler weather. Autumn, I call it the quiet time of year. You have a fantastic weekend each of you....

I shall grow old, but never lose life's zest
Because the road's last turn will be the best.
Expect the best!
It lies not in the past.
God ever keeps the good wine to the last.

Jo Petty
Beverly.....

24 comments:

Tea said...

What a beautiful post. I love the cards, but most of all I like how you saved to book to be used again.

Lynda said...

Your cards are just beautiful, Beverly! Have a wonderful weekend! ~ hugs, Lynda ♥

Spinneretta said...

Now THAT was a pretty way to save the book :)

Kimberley said...

Hi, Beverly!

I've lurked a bit this week, but this is my first chance to say "hi!". Your Silhouette is TRULY a thing of beauty, and I am so impressed by your talent (and patience!). It is always such a joy to me to come and visit your blog. I actually find myself slowing down as I'm reading, and think I can hear the words in your voice :)

Hope you have a great weekend,
Kimberley

Abbie said...

yep, they are gorgeous! There is no other word for them! Your cards are just devine!
:) Abbie

Tracy said...

Those are truly exquisite cards, Beverly! What a great way to make use of something still beautiful...This post is like an slow idyll, a lovely stroll...Always glad to be along with you :o) Sweet quote too today. May you & Honey enjoy your weekend ((HUGS))

KJ said...

Did you emboss these cards, too? Or did you do it yourself? I love the way they came out! They look like you bought them from a posh paper purveyor...

Hugs, KJ

the feathered nest said...

Beverly, what a wonderful & creative way to reuse that gorgeous book! Those cards are just beautiful. The lucky people who'll receive them!

Manuela

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hey Karen...

Yes, I did all embossing myself using brass stencils and a light box! I love dressing up cards using stencils... Thanks Karen.

Smiles...

Beverly

Mary Isabella said...

I love the cards. We made cards in Children's Church this morning to be used to send to our Missionaries in other parts of the world. So pretty and special. Hugs Mary

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Beautiful cards! What a wonderful way to reuse your book's lovely pages.

Wild Rose said...

Beautiful cards Beverly and such a delightful poem.

I hope that you had a good weekend.

Marie x

cd&m said...

What a wonderful use for a book that would otherwise ended up in the bin. Hopefully these cards will now be cherished by whoever receives them. Imagine in 100 years time someone may be buying them at a little antiques fair.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I have a neighbor with a very romantic home and she is a very senitmental person. I think every greeting card she has ever gotten is displayed and they are tucked into every nook in the house!

When We Were Young said...

It was nice to have time to catch up on your beautiful blog. What a talented artist you are!

Silhouette is gorgeous!

Carolyn said...

Oh, it's good to be here again, and what a lovely way to start the day! Love your cards, and wonderfully creative idea for using that vintage book. Very special. I smiled as I pictured you and your honey reading your letters together from years ago. And your poem is wonderful. Have been wanting to find one that conveyed that truth, and here it is!

What a rich, and beautiful post! Hugs. :-)

Ginger said...

Hello, My name is Ginger and I just came across your blog, well you know how that is done. I love your Silhouette I have never seen anything so beautiful! It truly captured my heart.I wish you all the luck. I will be back to visit offten.

Ragged Roses said...

Beautiful cards, really lovely! What a good description of Autumn too. Have a lovely week
Kim x

Regina said...

Beautiful cards,Beverly,and wonderful
poem.
Regina

Pearl Maple said...

Beverly
Found your blog from Beachy’s Cape Cod and stopping to say the Silhouette as is all of your posts simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing you’re a piece of your creativity.

Kate said...

Lovely, lovely cards! A gorgeous way to recycle a book.

When We Were Young said...

What a beautiful post about your daughter's smile!

tash said...

I love the cards you've created, and such a good way to make use of something that doesn't work anymore! Lovely.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

What a beautiful way to pass on the lovely pages of a time worn book! The design is just beautiful Beverly!