Sunday, September 16, 2007

Giving and receiving joy.....

The book store is one of my favorite places to just linger and browse...and the bargain book section I could stay all day! You can find the sweetest books there, from dictionaries to gardening books to poetry which is my favorite... Everything is priced just right, and I can never leave there with just one...

This bring me to my most recent purchase... A sweet little book called "Attitudes of Gratitude" by M. J. Ryan. A purse size little book you can carry with you... This little book has been laying in my studio on my desk in eye view as a reminder to read... It is also a pretty book and I love looking at it. As I sat at my computer on yesterday, I glanced over at the little book and the subtitle caught my eye. I picked it up and realized I really never read the subtitle... It reads "How to Give and Receive Joy Every Day of Your Life". Holding it in my hand... I now had to ponder the question and wanted to share the question with you... Do you know a joy giver...

The first thing I thought about was my daughter's smile... So many of her friends and family talk about the smile of Trina, and I must admit it is a beautiful smile. One that just lights up a room and cheers the heart...a smile so beautiful it would make a beautiful summer sun green with envy... I cannot help but feel that her smile has put joy in the heart of many. Gentle hugs, listening ears, smiles, kind words, laughter... All the ways to invoke joy in another. You know so many times we look outside of ourselves to daily give...when we have the greatest gift of joy within us all along...the gift of self... as bloggers we know this. I have had my heart filled and running over after reading the post of many of you... Your encouraging and inspiring words mean more than you will ever know... Thank you so much...

Now, many of you have ask me about my creations, where to buy and do I sell. I am pleased as peaches that you love them... My web site is slow coming, but I do plan to open an Etsy shop in the coming weeks. I was a little nervous about it all, but my sweet friend Tracy at Pink Purl who has a beautiful shop and designs the most beautiful handbags gave me insight and information and I am now ready to go... I do not have an exact date as of yet, but I will keep you posted. I promise it is on the way!

Wishing each of you a most beautiful week... Let us not forget to say thank you to those who go out of their way to bring joy and happiness in the heart of another, and I will remember to do the same... The humming bird photo I have shown in a much earlier post, but for those of you who missed it I had to show it again...it is so beautiful.

Our work-a-day lives are filled with
opportunities to bless others.
The power of a single glance
or an encouraging smile
must never be underestimated.

G. RICHARD RIEGER


Smiles...

Beverly

26 comments:

Yolanda said...

Such a lovely post and photo today. I too love bookstores and books.

Natalie said...

Isn't Tracy wonderful? I am so glad to hear you are trying something new... I hope your Etsy Shop is a great success. You make beautiful things!

. said...

Such beautiful picture. It's an amazing beauty.

tash said...

Lovely pictures. I'm glaf you're getting into selling your work - the blogging sphere is a great way to put it "out there" and get your own little cottage industry going. Good luck.

Cassi said...

Beautiful post and picture Beverly!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

This is such a sweet post! I wish you lots of success with your etsy shop, too!

Your daughter sounds like a wonderful girl!

Mary Isabella said...

I Just love to pull up a chair and come visit a spell with you.

Tea said...

I love the hummingbird picture!
Thank you for sharing it.

I know what you mean...bookstores are the best.

Can't wait to browse your Etsy shop. :)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I love your thoughts! Your daughter no doubt is a little copy of you!

Ragged Roses said...

Whata beautiful post and photo! My daughters are constant sources of joy to me and blogging has made me appreciate the little things that I use to take for granted so much more. Have a great week and thanks for the birthday wishes
Kim x

Tracy said...

Such lovely sentiments today, Beverly! Thank YOU so much for the joy you share here with us every week! And lovely photos, too. I am so excited about your Etsy shop and will be looking forward to your launch. I was so happy to talk to you and help you about Etsy and getting started. Your handmade treasures are going to win the hearts of many! Oh, and I must thank you for the knitting pattern and lovely note--I owe you one in turn. Happy Day ((HUGS))

KJ said...

What a still-life moment with this fluttering little friend!

I am excited about your up and coming grand opening! Your creations are so beautiful and they have a special blessing on them!

I've always enjoyed the saying, "Attitude of Gratitude." I happy to hear that someone has expounded on the theme and done it well. The book has captured my interest.

Hugs, KJ

Carolyn said...

Oh, what a beautiful, beautiful post. Can just see that section in the book store. I always come away from visits to your blog with the sense that we have just literally had tea together, (you and all of us here), and visited about some of life's simple, and most meaningful things. Can't tell you how much I needed to read your lovely words today. Your grattitude for your precious daughter is heartwarming. She sounds like a delight. And congrats on your up and coming Etsy store.

Thank you so much for giving here, and for your sweet and faithful giving to me in your comments especially over the past month. It's slow going at times, but still, am grateful for so much. Big hugs. :-)

Lynda said...

A lovely post Beverly! So often we overlook the little things that truly make our hearts smile. Good luck with opening your Etsy shop! ~ hugs, Lynda ♥

Wild Rose said...

What a beautiful post Beverly. Your blog brings joy every time I visit.

The hummingbird photo is stunning.

Glad to read that Tracy helped you with your shop - she is such a sweet soul.

Marie x

monkeyporkbun said...

I stumbled upon your blog today and I am lucky for it. I spent some time surfing around, seeing your creativity and reading your posts. You have such an inspiring blog and hummingbirds remind me of my mother, so you had me at hello. Thank you for that great pic and the inspiring post about "Attitudes of Gratitude."

the feathered nest said...

Such a thoughtful post and lovely picture! I'm so excited that you're going to have a Etsy shop! I know it'll be a great success.

Manuela

moderncountry said...

Hi, and thanks for giving me a good grade on my stem stiches! (Hehe..yes, i just learned it)And the words are coming from you, a lady who makes the most lovely embroideries! Thanks! Motivating :)
The books sounds interesting, i have a few small books for giving me strength,hope and positive thought in difficult times. Great to put in your handbag. So exiting that you are soon going to open an etsy shop!
Aina

Ros├ępikene said...

Beautiful pictures! Have a nice week, from Norway.

Penny Carlson said...

Beverly, this is my first visit to your site and what a wonderful post! I am going to take some time to visit the rest of your blog.

I would love you to come visit me at http://lavenderhillstudio.blogspot.com
Penny

melissa @ the inspired room said...

I just found you from Lavender Hill Studio (Penny). I just randomly clicked on your comment and found myself here. I am always amazed to find new lovely blogs. Your photography and work is wonderful! Absolutely beautiful!

A wonderful post as well!

Blessings to you on your endeavors!

Melissa

Tips Of All Sorts said...

I love your sharing on Trina's smiles which reminds me of this little quote: "Never frown, because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile." :-)

Looking forward to your Etsy shop!

Skrotmaja said...

Hi there! I just wanted to say hallo and whish you a nice day before I leave. I really enjoyed your blog : )

/Skrotmaja

cd&m said...

A beautiful post, that book looks lovely and the photograph of the mumming bird is just wonderful.

cd&m said...

PS Good luck with the Etsy shop, it will be such fun to visit when you have opened.

Tawana said...

You are a beautiful black woman and your blog page is lovely.your sis in law