Sunday, September 9, 2007

Falling Leaves....

Well hello to all of you... Oh my goodness I am so sorry for the lateness of this post. I have been trying to post since Friday! When I saw Friday just would not happen, I arose early yesterday morning and was ready to go. But Blogger would not let me sign in or leave a comment. I thought I would give them a moment and it will be a go...Not!! They were down the whole day! I must admit I was a little worried... I was wondering if I would ever post again :o)

It is a beautiful Sunday morning here, and I am surely enjoying the cool breezes we have had in the past few days... I was thinking the other day how I love during Autumn to arise early, open up all the windows put on some beautiful music and enjoy the crisp cool and quiet mornings... Do you gather leaves in Autumn... I have been gathering leaves in the Fall for about five seasons now. I purchased a beautiful book on pressing leaves and was totally inspired by it... I gather leaves for pressing, and I also use card stock and ink to make my own Autumn leaves for cards and tags.
Not only have I been thinking about leaf gathering. I have had this beautiful yarn for a while now, and thought it would make a perfect scarf for this time of year... I wish you could feel it, it's so soft to the touch.... I'm knitting it in plain knit stitch, the beauty of the yarn is doing all the work... It is called "Nancy" a pure hand dyed wool by Schaefer yarn company... Schaefer makes the most yummy yarns I have knitted with, if you knit take a look. They even have a line of beautiful yarns named after famous women, all in natural fibers.....just lovely. I have a beautiful yarn in this line just waiting to be used called "Toni Morrison", with shades of blue, golds, gentle lavender and soft mocha hues...

Now that we have all slowed down a little, the kids are back in school; for many of us things seem a little more relaxed. It is a perfect time of reflection and Thanksgiving... We are so blessed, not because things are so perfect in our lives but because we are alive and have a brand new season to start a fresh... Like the leaves of the season, we can shed all the old and prepare ourselves for the new...not some kind of resolution, but a simple willingness to allow change to occur in each one of us... Well I guess I will get busy now, I need to clean the house and I will be putting in some knitting time today... To all of you have a beautiful week, and tell me a little about your plans for the season...



But as it is written:

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard
Nor have entered into the heart of man

The things which God has prepared
for those who love Him."

Holy Bible
1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJV

Smiles....

Beverly :o)

15 comments:

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Oh Beverly! That is one of my most absolute favorite Bible passages of all time! =) Happy Autumn to you!

Kimberley said...

Hi, Beverly!

I loved those leaves (and the paper below the first picture--gorgeous!), and hearing about all of your knitting plans. My mother tried to teach my stupid self, but I never got the way of it. I'll have to just live vicarously through you ;)

Have a lovely day,
Kimberley

meg said...

I love the look of autumn leaves- I just never know what to do with them :)
That yarn is gorgeous- the colors are perfect for the season.
We haven't cooled off yet- probably won't until mid-Oct, but we're all ready for a change.

Victoria May Plum said...

I just had to leave a comment on this beautifully written post. It is true; Autumn is a time for reflection and giving thanks for all we have, the calmness of the season makes us stop and think about what is precious to us.

The leaves are beautiful, I love the way you press them and keep them.

Victoria x

the feathered nest said...

Toni Morrison yarn! It's beautiful! The idea of pressing leaves or inking them for tags is wonderful. Leaves are so beautiful. I'm ready for fall! It's been cool in the a.m. but still in the 90's in the afternoon.

Manuela

tash said...

I love Autumn, it is my favourite of seasons because everything is going to sleep - the smells, the colours, all much more gentle than the harsh hot days of Summer, and more languid than those of Spring.

I go hunting for conkers (horse chestnuts) when they are ready, and also the lovely pine cones and leaves around the house. Delightful post, and love your pressed leaves.

Tracy said...

Lovely leaves! Many years ago I used to collect and press flowers and leaves, and often made cards with them. I've not done that for a while though. LOVE that Toni Morrison yarn! It looks soft & delicious and color that bright varigated colorway. I've been feeling very reflectful lately. Since my grandmother passed away last month, I've been thinking a lot about all kinds of things, life and all its wonders and how quickly those wonders can be taken from us. I've been sad, but feeling better, stronger now and ready to greet this new fall season! The birches are turning golden, a crisp breeze, cozy warm food, ligting candles in the evenings. This fall I want to make some beautiful things, take my time with them and enjoy the process, must think about holidy gifts too. DH & I plan to get back to our walks every weekend together ritual. Next month we travel to visit with family & friends--I can't wait! Thank you for sharing a glimpse of your fall season so far with us, Beverly ((HUGS))

Tea said...

A lovely post! I'm so glad I found your blog.

Your scarf is very pretty, and the leaves are gorgeous!

Now, I'm really catching the fever...can't wait for the fall colors!

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

beautiful verse and lovely colors to match!

Inspired Tokens said...

I love the autumn air and the beautiful colors that autumn brings. Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures and words. The yarn indeed is a reminder of the lovely fall colors. Don't you just adore beautiful yarns?

dottycookie said...

Hmmm, you've given me an idea - I think I'll take my little ones off leaf collecting this week and see what they can come up with!

Flea Market Queen said...

Happy Autumn Beverly...
Thanks for joing me for Tea!
Priscilla

Mary Isabella said...

kBeverly my sweet friend another inspiring post. Your thoughtfullness and the way in which your share yourself with us is so uplifting.The fall is my favourite time of the year. I to treasure the the beatiful colors of the leaves. the yarn for yuor scarf is so pretty,and I can feel the warmth and joy it will bring to you this winter. Hugs and blessings Mary.

Annie's Abode said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog - Oska is so much better now.

I love all those leaves - the colours are beautiful as are the colours in the wool - gorgeous!

Our leaves are still green but it won't be too much longer before they begin to fall.

Thank you again Beverly,

Love Ax

KJ said...

I spoke with a close friend not too long ago and we both discovered that we have an attraction to leaves. Any time I leaves of any season on something, I find myself migrating towards it. Even the paper towels are covered with leaves.

Wonderful post and photos!

KJ