Sunday, August 12, 2007

Stitching Flowers....

Hope each of you had a beautiful week and weekend.... My self, my week was good and I must say very restful. Honey and I even slept in a bit this morning... What beautiful summer mornings we have been having here. I just love summer, and I love to hear your summer stories of weather, travel, gardening, new babies, weddings, vacations, all those summer perfect events!

The week also gave me time to practice my new craft..... Well what do you think! I think I am getting better... Honey even went to our local library to get some books on embroidery to help me out. You know you can manage some pretty flowers with the lazy daisy stitch, and it is a great beginner stitch. This new venture of free hand embroidery suits me well because when it comes to following pattern details I get lost! That is one of the reasons I have been forced to come up with my own.. You know what they say.... Necessity is the mother of invention. I do plan to take another step next week and either make a tiny pillow or a small sachet bag with a little flower on front. I am a little nervous about actually making something... It is a whole lot different than just stitching on flat cloth.

The sun is going down, and the start of a new week is upon us. For many it has already begun. I was going through my poems and readings and found this one. It is so cute I had to share it with you...

Recipe For A Happy Day

1 cup of friendly words
2 heaping cups of understanding
4 heaping teaspoons of time and patience
Pinch of warm personality, a dash of humor

Instructions for Mixing

Measure words carefully. Add heaping cups of understanding,
use generous amounts of time and patience.
Cook on the front burner, but keep temperature low; do not boil.
Add a generous dash of humor, and a pinch of warm personality.
Season to taste with the spice of life

Serve in individual molds.


Author Unknown




Have a lovely week....

Beverly

25 comments:

Gayla said...

Oh, my... Your post is so lovely, with such lovely stithery... and my post today is simply grizzled... I hope we will still be friends...

Tracy said...

Love your recipe for a happy day--it is so sweet! And so is your embroidery! You're free embroidery is really taking off, so well you are getting on with it. It is such an adventure to learn new things, isnt' it? Have fun creating beautiful flower gardens and more! So glad your summer days are delightful--drink them in. Happy Day! ((HUGS))

Mary said...

the embroidery is fab as is the poem If only I could remember when my temper is a little short.

KJ said...

You are a natural! I would never know that you are just beginning! Believe me, I have taken Silk Ribbon embroidery classes and witnessed the beginning work of some.

I so relate to your summer thoughts! I am finally beginning to relax and enjoy my new abode in month 4 of our recent move! There are no homes behind us, just a grassy schoolyard that slopes steadily into a park and a few bungalows to the right. I imagine that there is a creek bed below because of the many trees and palms.

My patio welcomes the Eastern sky, as does my master bedroom and living room. I was up before dawn again this morning. After my "milkman" went to work, I actually was here alone. All 3 kids were elsewhere. So, I was obligated to greet the day early and enjoy the quietude! I'm sipping Genmaicha tea and nibbling on small pieces of Dubliner cheese.

Hugs, kj

KJ said...

P.S. My parents have taken my 7-year old son to San Diego–– your neck of the woods. He is doing the Zoo and is he ever excited!

the feathered nest said...

Love that recipe for a happy day. I've got to print that out. I think your embroidery is amazing - it's really lovely. It doesn't look like you're just learning how to do it!

Manuela

Kimberley said...

Beverly, you never fail to amaze me or make me smile :)

What lovely embroidery and what lovely words.

Kimberley

Lindy said...

Your embroidery is beautiful! It looks as if you've been embroidering for years. Can't wait to see what you create next!

Lindy :)

clara said...

The pretty floral embroidery goes really well with the happy day recipe. I like the part where the recipe said "do not boil". :-)

Marie said...

Your pink daisies are so pretty Beverly. I think that your embroidery is lovely. Looking forward to seeing what you create.

Marie x

tash said...

Wow! Those embroidered panels are fantastic - you can't be a beginner?! I have dabbled with embroidery but haven't ever got very far with it! But I must, as I've just harvested the lavender and was going to make embroidered lavender sachets to give to friends and relatives!

Love the recipe for a happy day, it's a bit wet and grey here, almost Autumn! Have a good week :)

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

I cannot believe you are just a beginner! That is amazing. I used to do silk ribbon embroidery and I was just thinking last weekend I should do some more of that! Now I feel inspired after seeing your beautiful work.

creativity in progress said...

What a wonderful recipe. I stumbled across your blog and I must say it is lovely. Your embroidery is fantastic. I have wanted to try that myself and now you have inspired me to give it a try. Have a great day.

Blanca

Tea Time and Roses said...

Blanca thanks so much for your visit and sweet comment... I am so glad that you are inspired to give embroidery a try! Thats what blogging for me is all about, to encourage and inspire. And I cannot begin to tell you all the inspiration given me from all my blogging friends! Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Beverly

Britt-Arnhild said...

It makes me smile just looking at your beautiful stiching. Yes, it makes MY happy day :-)

Ragged Roses said...

What a great recipe for a happy day! Your embroidery is lovely - you're a natural! Have a lovely week
Kim x

Flea Market Queen said...

Thank you for the "Recipe"!
Love it, love your embroidery...
Have a wonderful day!

Lynda said...

Your embroidery is beautiful, Beverly! If you hadn't mentioned it, I would have never thought your were just learning. I love your "recipe" as well! ♥

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Goodness! These are so pretty and so well done....I can't believe you are new at it!

Nesting For Natalie said...

I thi k your work is BEAUTIIIFUL!

Amy

Cheryl said...

Beverly, you are GREAT at embroidery! Just lovely! And I love it on linen. Keep it up!

. said...

Beautiful flowers.

tina said...

Beverly! I want to do that! I love those cute little flowers! I'm going to have to give that a try...I love the fabric. You should embroidery that lovely poem with the flowers! : )

pussman said...

it is lovely, keep on going!!!

Helen & Co. said...

This is do pretty!