Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Simple Abundance...

Rose bouquet picture in the hallway next to my bedroom

As I sit quietly, enjoying the cool breeze of the fan on my face.... I started to think on the many blessing that have been graciously bestowed upon me, and wanted to share a thought with you...

After reading a book many years ago that talk about simple abundance, and practicing the art of appreciation and gratitude. I decided to make a sincere effort and make this simply seemed concept a part of my daily life... I started slowly... I begin to journal "Thanksgivings", and made an effort not to miss a day of journaling. Well this practice of gratitude and thanksgiving is a natural part of my life now... One of the simple things in life I love so very much as many of you know is flowers, especially the rose... I've been asked if all the roses on the blog are mine. Well I guess you can say that, Honey and I love to photograph flowers especially roses... We could spend a whole day looking for the perfect flowers to photograph... I am looking forward to someday having a huge rose garden with roses in every hue... and I am sure this would be the place I would spend most of my day...

Another of those simple things I love so much, is this picture of a darling in her Easter best and pretty ruffled socks who grace the wall of my living room... she is so special to me. I call her "Every Little Girl"... Because so many people who see her often say she looks just like someone they know... She even reminds me of myself at ten years old. I really love this picture, and I must say it is my favorite... I hope that each of us always remember to count our many blessing, and do not allow the seemingly simple things to go unnoticed....


A rose, like a friend, grows strong through the years;

Faithfulness is ever her essence.

author unknown



Smiles.....

Beverly

15 comments:

Cherry Menlove said...

Ah yes, I agree with you. Life is much simpler when we remember to give thanks for the simple thngs. Loved this post my darling.

Cherry xx

KJ said...

Beautiful reflections! We have been going through a season of trial and I have been keeping a Praise Journal throughout the entire process. It's amazing what we miss when focused on calamity. God is working miracles around us constantly, even in the flowers we neglect to take notice of.

What a precious photo! I want to hug this little girl and put little gifts in her basket! If only we could know what she was thinking...

daisy cottage said...

Beverly, I so agree with you - you expressed your thoughts beautifully too. And this picture of the sweet little girl? Just precious!
xo,
Kim

cd&m said...

Oh Beverly she is lovely and thanks for such an inspirational post.

Tracy said...

Thank you for sharing your abundance with us, as always you help remind us to stop and give thanks. For some years I kept a gratitude-type journal and that helped during a praticularly difficult time in my life. In a way, my blog is my gratitdue journal of sorts now! LOL! Love that sweet picture of the little girl! ((HUGS))

Lynda said...

What a lovely, inspiring post, Beverly! We're often so busy that we forget to "delight in simple things". Congratulations on your award, too! ♥

Britt-Arnhild said...

Thanks for today's beautiful and important lessons - a thanksgivin diary!

Alison said...

We certainly do need to count our blessing. You never know when something is going to turn up that turns your whole life upside down and inside out!
Take care Beverly and have a happy weekend.
Alison x

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

What a beautiful painting! You have a very lovely blog and I hope to visit often :-)

Vintage to Victorian said...

What a beautiful roses picture, and a beautiful little girl, too.

We should all count our blessings and appreciate the things that happen to us ... at the time. So often we miss the moment and it's only in reflection that we realise what a joy something was. Seize the moment!

Nan - said...

I just found you via a comment you left on Lynda's blog. I love the picture of the little girl, and there really is something about those socks that just says childhood. What nice writing about being thankful.

Alison said...

I've nominated you for the Nice Matters Award - take a look at my blog for details.
Take care,
Alison x

Ragged Roses said...

I certainly agree with you and I've noticed that blogging has helped me notice and appreciate the little, simple things more.
Kim x

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

I just LOVE that picture of the sweet little girl! Thanks for your sweet post!

Mano said...

Hi,

You have a really wonderful weblog. To become a successful man or woman the fundamental thing is to have positive thinking. Appreciate Sky Rocketing Achievements with Turbo charged Positive Affirmations... Develop Positive Thinking So It is possible to Do away with Strain From your Life, Improve Your Self-Confidence and Plan Yourself For Lifetime Achievement!