Monday, August 6, 2007

Pretty In Pink....

Oh how I was looking forward to making this post. It has been a few days longer than a normal posting for me... The last week has been a busy and full one. I finished my donation for the Auction for Krystal, and it was off in the mail this morning... Our prayers are with her and all involved, and believe all will be well... Thank you so much Tracy and Evelyn for all you do.... I will have pictures of my handmade gift to the Auction on my next post...

I've been busily finishing my pincushions and here they are... It was a joy working with this particular felt after all... I really enjoyed myself. I named the set Pretty In Pink... I even topped the little round one with an embroidered daisy , a good way to get some practice... My favorite are the berries, especially the beaded one... Being my own patterns, I would love to share them by way of a tutorial with you... Hmmmm I do not have a date in mind as yet, but I will keep this at the top of my soon to do list... I am now looking towards completing my PIF winners goodies...

I plan to get some embroidery practice in this week... Alison was kind enough to send me a list of links and product sources. Thank you so much Alison... I really love this craft, and had to ask myself where has it been all my life....But then I know it came into my life just when it was supposed to..(smile).

Each of you have a full and wonderful week....


There is no better exercise
for strengthening the heart than
reaching down
and lifting people up.

jo petty

Smiles..

Beverly


32 comments:

Christina said...

I love your Pretty in Pink set! I think the berry is my favorite because of the beads!

the feathered nest said...

You do such lovely work! I love this Pretty in Pink set. The embroidered daisy is so pretty!

Manuela

Vintage to Victorian said...

So glad you like mine, too. I love the pincushion. What a talented lady you are. I just don't have the patience for 'fiddly' things. Give me a sewing machine and a straight line to sew and I'm fine ...

Thanks re the award. Wasn't I a lucky girl!

Hope we'll meet up again soon!
Sue

kelly said...

Hi Beverly, I just found you through another blog and Im so glad I did. What gorgeous pincushions those are! Im off to read more of your past blogs. bye for now,
kelly

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Hey! I haven't found you before! Very nice craft. I love the shade of pink...kind of a seashell pink.

Cherry Menlove said...

They are beautiful. What wonderful coloured felt you have used in this project. They look good enough to eat.

Cherry xxx

KJ said...

My favorite is the one with the daisy on top! What a pretty color of pink, too!

The way you write is so soothing. I always hear a voice to match. Rich, soothing, calming, comforting...

Tootles, kj

Wild Rose said...

I love the pretty flower motif on your pincushion.

Marie x

Tracy said...

Just love them! That beaded berry is very fretching...Can't wait for your tutorial! And the daisy pincushion is a charmer too. The pink color is just delicious--like strawberry ice cream! And love your quote at the end here ((HUGS))

IsabellaCloset said...

Hello, I love your blog..
Your handmade pinkcushions are delightful! I too enjoy making (and collecting) pincushions. These pink felt ones are just so precious, the tiny beads are sweet. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Have a lovely day ~Mary~ :-}

Flea Market Queen said...

Loving the PINK pin cushions! They are sew, sew sweet...

tash said...

Wow, you're a fantastic seamstress, such lovely designs. Have a good week!

Kari said...

So, so pretty! Or would that be sew, sew pretty? Either way, love them!

Nan - said...

I cannot sew at all, but I'm living vicariously in your creations. :<) Lovely pink color. In the last few years, I've found myself just loving that shade of pink. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your creations are as beautiful as your writing. I so enjoy reading your blog. Carol

gilda said...

oh my!!! that's amazing and totally gorgeous!!! i make my own pin cushions as well but they're all nasty skeletons (haha). wow i totally love what you've made.

Kimberley said...

Beverly, those are absolutely GORGEOUS! Such beautiful fabric and attention to detail :)

Just lovely,
Kimberley

Ragged Roses said...

Beautiful pincushions in my favourite colour too! Delicious - good enough to eat!
Kim x

Lynda said...

Your pincushions are so pretty, Beverly! I've left you an award on my blog ... please stop by for the details! ♥

Cheryl said...

Just found your blog! Oh Beverly...everything is so lovely. I'll certainly be back! hugs, cheryl

Cottage said...

Beverly, I LOVE your Pretty in Pink items! I can't wait for the tutorial. It was only today that I ran across your sweet blog and will add it to my Bloglist. Now, I'm off to read through your posts. Melissa

Tips Of All Sorts said...

Now I know why the common phrase is 'pretty in pink'! These pincushions in pink are definitely pretty!
Clara :-)

Shropshire Girl said...

A lovely post in a lovely blog, so pleased I looked you up via Homespun Living.
Sandra.x.

DiddleDaddleDesigns said...

Just found your blog. The Pretty in Pink set is gorgeous.

KJ said...

YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED! I HAVE SOMETHING ON MY BLOG JUST FOR YOU!

HUGS, KJ

kat-out-of-the-bag said...

Beautiful pincushions and beautiful words from Jo Petty,
Kat =^..^=

Raindrops said...

I see your talent lies in many areas. Love the pincushion. Tricia

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

I just found your blog...and wow, I love those pincushions! They are beautiful!

daisy cottage said...

ooooooh - so adorable, just delicious! And of course I love the daisy one the best! ;-)
xo,
Kim

Sandy said...

I just love those pretty little pincushions : )

Natalie said...

Pretty indeed! Beverly, these are lovely and your embroidery is beautiful! You have been very busy. Thanks for sharing all the pictures and good thoughts. Your blog is a joy.

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

They are beautiful-and I love your blog!