Thursday, August 9, 2007

Note Cards, Thoughts, and Awards......

Each morning when I open my eyes to greet a brand new day, I take a deep breath and with a big smile give thanks for my life... No it has not always been that way, but I think it is something about coming of age...growing older, getting better, becoming wiser, seeing this life in a totally different light. Something that slowly changes you into becoming a different kind of human being. Sometimes I do not even recognize myself! You realize just how precious each moment really is...living in the now and loving it! Oh, but there is something I must tell you, for me, just getting older was not the key. Because we all know some cranky, ain't learn nothing, boy what's wrong with her kinda people! It was a deep soul searching and a complete willingness and desire to experience life in a way I know my Lord and Savior desired for me and what I desired for myself.... Each and everyday I am learning, but I think the key is....I am willing..

As promised, I have some photos of my contribution to the Auction for Krystal... Many of you may know I just love paper! Especially beautiful patterned papers, card stock, watercolor paper, all of it! So I decided to make a set of note cards with three large tags and envelopes and tied it all with a pretty ribbon. Don't you just love handmade cards, it is something special about them and anything someone takes the time to make with their hands...that's why I think Crafters are so special.
In my beginning posts, I remember just how excited I was about my soon to be coming website.... I had a major set back, but I am taking it on again in the Fall! You know those things are hard work!(smile) I just shutter when I hear the word Gallery! I know it will all be worth it upon completion...

Another thing that happened this week was my receiving A "Nice Matters Award" by both Alison and Lynda. A "Schmooze Award" by sweet Tracy, and was given a "Natural Wonders Tag" by Karen... You ladies are just wonderful, I am both honored and humbled and I must say delighted by it all....Thank you so much. Beautiful women like you are the reason why I keep returning to my computer...

My embroidery is coming along pretty well, I really love this.... And as mention before, you must see the work of Alison, it is just beautiful....

Enjoy the rest of your week....


Happiness is good
A place to be happy is here
A time to be happy is now
The way to be happy is to help make others happy.

Jo Petty


Smiles...

Beverly

19 comments:

charlotte said...

such beautiful cards and thoughts here. thanks for sharing them.

Raindrops said...

Lucky the person who receives them. Very pretty. Tricia

kat-out-of-the-bag said...

I know what you mean...I spent many years trying to keep up and be like everyone else now I am happy to be me,
Such lovely cards all made with love.

the feathered nest said...

That's a lovely attitude to have! I'm working on it LOL!

Those are really lovely cards - you're such a talented lady. Congrats on getting those two awards!

Manuela

Lindy said...

I've just discovered your blog, and I am so happy I did! Your pics and posts are quite lovely. I will definitely visit again soon!

Lindy :)

Nesting For Natalie said...

Beverly,

Your site is so beautiful! Your story today was a reminder to me of the goodness of our God!

I love to check in over here and see what your are writing and doing with paper.

Blessings to you!
Amy

KJ said...

Your post reminded me of a saying that stuck to me in High School... "You can't spread happiness without getting it all over yourself."

As always, I'm motivated by what you write and reveal and showcase! Only a few months away from turning 50, I must say that priorities are shifting and a fresh flow of celebrating what God has created me to be-- is rising up! It is fabulous to be around inspiring women! Hence, I keep returning to your place of influence.

Those cards are so pretty! I am working on getting a large work table-- FINALLY-- so that I can begin to create on a higher level. I've never had enough space before. Now, I do...

Tips Of All Sorts said...

Thanks for sharing that it's good to give thanks and 1 Thess 5:18 comes to my mind immediately that it's God's will that we give thanks in all circumstances. I'm learning too.
Such lovely cards! And congratulations on the awards! Clara

Betty Jo said...

Very true words! It has taken both Father and age to mellow me. Your tags are gorgeous. You do such beautiful work. xoxo

Carolyn said...

Ohhhhhh, am so glad I came today. I saw your link on my friend, Betty Jo's blog, and am thoroughly enjoying it here. I so agree with your life thoughts, and your cards are darlin'. Am glad you are here! Have another great day. :-)

DiddleDaddleDesigns said...

Isn't it a wonderful thing to be comfortable with who we are especially when who we are is complete in Jesus Christ. Thanks for sharing these thoughts. Your contribution to the auction is wonderful. I know they will be enjoyed.

Tracy said...

"...living in the now and loving it!" I love that, Beverly! I feel the same way everyday myself. You put it all so beautifully! Congratulations on all the awards! I was so happy to be able to give you the Schmooze Award--lovely awards for a lovely friend! Your cards & tags are gorgeous...Who is so lucky to win them will feel the love with which they are made. I am sooo excited about your website--can't wait! ((HUGS))

Kari said...

I so love your work! I have to send an e-mail to my daughter-in-law to check out your tags. She and I are new to tags and we love looking at all the different ones out there.
I know what you mean about being a different person as you get older. You learn a little more each day what's important and what isn't. And what SHOULD be celebrated and what should be let go. I would never go back to any other time in my life...the present is good!

Lynda said...

Beautiful sentiments and beautiful cards, Beverly! ♥

Gayla said...

What a pretty post! Your whole blog is soooo pretty and full of wonderful, POSITIVE ideas and dreams. I love it! Those pretty papers are to die for. I love paper stuff too.

Nan - said...

Will you be selling your creations on the website? Those cards are just beautiful.

cd&m said...

Congratulations on your well deserved awards.

Meg said...

Beautiful words about growing older, it has been a blessing for me, too. But I bet that you a way younger than me. Very nice reading your thoughts, I really enjoyed it and will come back again and again. Yours in Christ, Meg

M. said...

Hello Beverly, I just discovered your name at 'Modern Country' and I came here for a little visit. I was just curious... :D
I love the sweet and beautiful things you make. You're blessed with this gift! I'll be back here. Have a nice day. Greetings and love, Marjolijn (from Belgium)