Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Little Boot Pattern...




I took out some time and went through my what seems like tons of paper patterns and templates I designed, and ran across my vintage boot pattern! I have to tell you how this pattern came about... While sitting at the dining room table looking around the room my eye landed on my little vintage boot with tiny flowers all over. Now, I had this little boot a couple years, but when I saw it this time a crafter's moment hit... I have always love the shape of the boot, and thought it would make a great card! I grabbed it off the table, armed with pencil and paper, the pattern was born! Now the card was cute; back then I used colorful cardstock for the boot and added a paper flower to pretty it up a bit, but the card had a sliding problem. It kept doing the splits refusing to stand up and I had to make envelopes to fit it because of it shape and size...

Well knowing what trouble I had in the past. I took a good hard long look at this pattern, and bingo!... I will slightly age the paper, stamp it, add some brads, punch a hole for hanging and you will have something pretty for a dresser or add it where you want a sweet little touch. I also reduced the original pattern by twenty five percent and it makes a lovely tag for a
gift...

I am pleased as peaches with the new idea, and I am so glad I did not throw the pattern away... It is by far prettier than my first try. Now I think Honey understands when I say... Please do not throw that away I need it!

Have a safe and wonderful holiday on tomorrow...

Many Smiles...

Beverly

6 comments:

Wild Rose said...

Hi Beverly

What a great idea! I am always disappointed when I receive a beautiful card that won't stand up. I think that your card is charming.

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

Marie x

Raindrops said...

Stunning. What more can I say. You have some lovely ideas. Tricia

Daisy Cottage said...

Beverly that is so cute and aren't you the creative one? Wonderful ideas... and I love your saying "pleased as peaches"... I'm going to have to remember that one!
Have a wonderful holiday!
xo,
Kim

Alison said...

These are just lovely!
Thank you for visiting my blog I have linked to you if that is OK.
Take care
Alison x

Lynda said...

Your boot cards are lovely! What a great idea! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and for your nice comment. ♥

Natalie said...

I am so happy seeing all the projects you've been sharing. And your work space looks great... what a blessing!