Monday, July 9, 2007

A smile on your heart....




I Hope each of you had a most wonderful weekend... As for me, it was busy busy... My plans were to make tags for my daughter who is one of the biggest fans of my work. She is such a giving person. She gets so much joy out of giving to others, and I try to keep her supplied with note cards, tags, and little bags... She has learned by simply letting someone know you are thinking about them can make all the difference in the world in a time that is not so bright, or giving a small note card just to let someone know you were thinking about them... I think when others know they are thought about, it puts a big smile not only on their face, but on their heart! I have learned when you plant a seed of goodness you reap a harvest of good things. I firmly believe in the principle of sowing and reaping...

Now, Instead of making tags and knitting, I ended up with a whole weekend of "boy, I really need to take care of that". So I cleaned, sorted old magazines, dust and cleaned some more... I guess it all worked out just fine, because I plan to use this week for working in the studio. I want so much to improve my collage skills. I love paper and fabric collage, and I have come across some amazing artist. I feel inspired and I am going to dive in! I plan to have some new pieces to show you on my next post.


Friendships are only possible
when we open
the window of our heart
and allow the sunshine
of someone's life in.

author unknown

Have a lovely day...

Beverly






11 comments:

Natalie said...

Sweet William and sweet thoughts, you brighten my day. Thank you Beverly!

Kari said...

This is my first visit to your blog. It's beautiful...your thoughts as well as your photos. Loved the vintage shoe cards/tags!

Natalie said...

Beverly, I think you would love Gayle's. I've been in to buy 1 cookie, just so I can absorb the atmosphere. All the baked goods are art, so it's like a gallery visit...LOL. The windows are trimmed in vintage table cloths and the walls are hung with old plates... it's just so quaint and homey.

Alison said...

Hi Beverly,
Thank you for the kind comments.
I love to make tags as well. Collage is so absorbing ...I have done a couple but need more practice. I always feel uplifted when I have visited your blog.
Thank you Beverly.
Take care,
Alison x

Anonymous said...

A lovely posting. I agree with you, little acts of kindness and thoughtfullness can go such a long way in making a difference in someone else's life. Often a "thinking of you card" can arrive at just the right moment...when someone really needed it. When you do things like this, you certainly get back far more than you give. And, isn't that how we're supposed to live our lives, being kind and generous to others? Hope you are having a lovely day. Carol

Tips Of All Sorts said...

Hi Beverly, what a beautiful quote on friendships and it's a timely reminder to me. Thank you.
Clara

LivingTheLife said...

your flowers are gorgeous...thanks for sharing...this is my first visit to your blog...I have just started trying to blog...I'm miserable at some of it...but I'll get there....sometimes my blog doesn't work for others to post either..I don't know what is up w/that...guess I have some more work to do...Enjoyed seeing all your beautiful post and pics....

Blessings...

LivingTheLife aka
http://www.tpmom4ever.blogspot.com

one of these has to work to get you to my blog...???

Tracy said...

Such beautiful thoughts to help us start our week, Beverly--thank you! I'm also a big believer to sowing the seed of happiness and harvesting all the joy & surprises than come along with it! Sometimes a good clean up can clear the mind to see more certainly where one needs to go...so dive right in. Can't wait to see what you're creating! LOVE all your flowers! Happy Days! ((HUGS)) :o)

Raindrops said...

What a lovely post and a thoughtful daughter you have. You have brought her up well.
I also believe we reap what we sow. Tricia

Wild Rose said...

Hi Beverly

As someone who always tries to remember those I love and care about, I couldn't agree more. I believe that a card with a few words or a letter means more to the recipient than a hastily written e-mail ever can.

Marie x

daisy cottage said...

What a beautiful post, Beverly, in every way! Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for the sweetness that you are adding to blogland and beyond.
xo,
Kim