Monday, July 23, 2007

Happy Monday....

Happy Monday to each of you... Well, I must admit, I am not as young as I use to be! We had a wonderful time at Disneyland, but all that walking has left me with a few aches and pains I did not have before I left...(smiles). The Magic Kingdom indeed lived up to its name. Honey and I were kids again! Cotton candy, popcorn, ice cream, and plenty of giggles and smiles... The kids loved it, and of course did not want to leave! The fire works display was absolutely breathtaking, like nothing I had ever seen before! I am sorry to say we did not get many pictures. We had the most difficult time trying to adjust our camera for night time shots, but a good time was had by all of us!

Congratulations to the winners of the PIF gift swap... Tracy of Pink Purl, Marie of Marie Chantal, and Kimberley of Tallulah House. Thank you ladies so much...

Those of you who read my blog know I just love paper crafting... Well, you have to get over to Tracy's, she has made the sweetest cards ever... This woman is chalk full of talent! And I
have been bitten by the stitching bug... All it took was these two little hearts I stitched, and that did it! I love stitching small pieces, roses and poems... I also bought some felt, lots of felt, though not wool it is very nice... I plan to stitch a while and make a few pincushions; I am really excited! I hope to have some pictures by my next post; I am going to try really hard...

Enjoy the rose, Honey and I love taking pictures of flowers, especially roses. We were in awe at the folds of the petals... just beautiful...

Have a lovely day...

Beverly


11 comments:

Betty Jo said...

Your stitched hearts are beautiful! And so is that rose. Gosh I love roses and don't have any growing at our new place. I'm planning on container roses for next year. So glad you had a good time at Disney. xoxo

KJ said...

Your website is beautiful! I discovered you through following another blog's list of links. You mentioned "baby blogger." Your site sure doesn't show it!

I also felt inspired to look up the Phil. 4:5-8 scripture you referenced. For fun, I looked it up in The Message Bible and loved the way it elaborated. I thought I would share it...

Philippians 4:5-8 (The Message)

4-5 Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!

6-7 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

Sam Morris said...

What a wonderful blog! Love all your art and your flowers are just gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Beverly, you are a super sweetheart! Thank you for the mention, and your generous compliments ((HUGS)) So glad you had a wonderful weekend and had much fun at the Happiest Place on Earth. I'm sure all the goodies eased the aches & pains ;o) Your cross stitch is wonderful! You've made it up so beautifully. Now that's not something I've done in a long time, cross stitch. Can't wait to see the pin cushions you make! Your rose is wonder & pure delight...look at those luscious petals! Have a great week, my friend! :o) Did I send you my address?

cd&m said...

You can really tell that you love taking pictures of flowers you do such a good job of it.

Lynda said...

Your stitching is so pretty and framed very nicely too! The rose is beautiful! ♥

Natalie said...

I was happy to hear that your Magic Kingdom day turned out so well. We always have a good time there with our children... they keenly appreciate the creativity and art + the thrills. Love the cross stitch and the rose. I hope the rest of your week is as happy as your Monday!

Cherry Menlove said...

I'm so glad you had fun at Disney Land. You'll laugh at this but only yesterday my mother and I were in the stitching store about four miles from my house and we found some wonderful samplers that we may try. I adore stitching. It is one of the most calming things one can do....even in front of the television!!
Cherry xx

Ragged Roses said...

Thank you for your lovely comments and for adding me to your list! Your blog is lovely. I remember visiting Disneyland years ago when I was a little girl and I loved the magic of it all.
Kimx

Britt-Arnhild said...

Your stiched heart is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

daisy cottage said...

Beverly, your sweet stitched heart is just lovely! So pretty as is the rose! Gorgeous photo!
I'm glad you had a nice time at Disneyland - don't feel bad, I'd be stiff and sore too! ;-)
xo,
Kim