Saturday, June 2, 2007

Honey and Me...

Hoping each of you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend... My hubby and I took a long drive up north to Beverly Hills on Sunday. It is a beautiful drive along the coast and the weather was perfect... I think the favorite part of it all are the many wonderful tasty treats and lovely side walk cafes along the way, and Sweet Jill's is one of those places and a usual stop for us. The place is filled with homemade desserts of every kind: pies, cobblers, hand dipped strawberries, delicious candy apples, and more! In Jill's calories don't count; it is all about getting your sweet on, and boy is it delicious!

Beverly Hills is a beautiful place with its gorgeous homes that leaves one in complete awe. The lawns are lush and manicured. The streets are lined with the most beautiful trees that seem to shade each mansion from the sun.

Now most of the shops are by appointment only, no browsing allowed, but there were plenty of window shoppers, and window shopping did we do!! So many oohs and ahhs... There was Gucci, Valentino, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Versace, and more... I love handbags, especially vintage purses and I have collected a few, but those bags were like wow! What must it feel like to carry a five thousand dollar hand bag...

I enjoyed myself so much, but I must say the real highlight of the trip was spending time with my husband, the fresh air, good conversation and a pair of sweet little ducks we spotted at a near by park, and of course Sweet Jill's...


Have a lovely day...

Beverly

No comments: