Monday, June 11, 2007

Ink and butterflies...





Hope each of you had a wonderful weekend, as for mine it was quiet and relaxing. I wanted you to see a stamping project of mine. I do not stamp that often, but when I do I really enjoy it... Looking at just how beautiful it came out made me want to pull out my stamps and create something. Right now I just can't fit it in, but it will surely be on my to do list.

The technique I used on the tags and cards is called ink to paper, because you actually apply your pigment ink from ink pad to the paper for the background color. The butterfly card with the pretty shell buttons was then stamped using the background color, and stamped again with black ink using a post card stamp. Add a pretty sticker and mat it on a card and you got something very pretty...

I have been ask often just what language is that on the stamp I used for the rest of the cards. I have no idea, maybe some of you do. I just love the stamp... The ink on the tag is slightly different. Using paper towel I dab the ink and with firm circular motions apply it to the paper. I used several different colors. I place a butterfly sticker in the middle, mask it off and used my stamp... Add a ribbon and bead and lovely it is...

You know what... The teacher in me is coming out. I have taught family and friends some paper folding, card making, and I think it is starting to show!

Anyway, enjoy and I hope one of you try stamping. It is actually much fun...

Have a lovely day...

Beverly


1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

This is such an amazing display of art work. You have truly been blessed by God to create beautiful works with your hands. I'm sure that all who view your creations will admire your artistic ability. I am very proud of what you have accomplished over the years, and I've had the privilege to see you blossom into the master crafter that you are... I love you Babe..

Your Hubby...