Sunday, June 24, 2007

Coming up roses and sunflowers too...




Enjoyed my Birthday on yesterday! No big party, but lots of Happy Birthdays and hugs and kisses and some presents too! Honey took me shopping so that I could add some pretty little touches to my studio/crafty room. I will have some pics soon, but right now it is a little messy... Come to think of it, I have promise pics of my room before. Well they are on the way...

You all know I love roses, and I also love sunflowers... Honey gave me this bouquet for my Birthday... Flowers are so beautiful it is so hard to pick a favorite. Beautiful flowers are one of life's simple pleasures that can be enjoyed by all of us... I went over to visit Natalie at chickenblog , she found the most beautiful floral shams, and at a good price too... There is nothing like a bargain... At the checkout counter I find myself holding my little find and feeling as if I just found a small treasure... Right now I am on the look out for old floral vintage tins, they make beautiful candle holders. I simply take the tins fill them with beans, I think dark split peas look the best, add tea lites on top find a setting where they fit well and they look beautiful...

I did find a beautiful floral apron yesterday at a discount store. It is so hard for me to pass up anything with roses, and it fits me fine... Hope you like the cards... The roses are from an old book I had so I simply recycled them. By the way if you ever make your own cards Bazill makes the best card stock... I used brass embossing plates to emboss the corners on the large card. I even used the content page on the other card... Oh how I love to make cards...

I wanted to leave you with a word from the little book "Attitudes of Gratitude".

Say "Thank You" as Often as Possible
Let's feel the magic of those two little,
big words, "thank you".
ARDATH RODALE

Have a lovely day...

Beverly





2 comments:

Raindrops said...

Hi Picked up your blog via another so thought I would say a belated Happy Birthday. And just to say the things you make are lovely. Tricia

Marie said...

Hello Beverly, I found your blog from a comment you left on Raindrops on Roses.

Belated Birthday Greetings for yesterday. What a lovely post and a beautiful blog! The photo of the hummingbird is stunning.

Enjoy your day, Marie