Saturday, June 30, 2007

My Little Corner Of The World...

Another beautiful Saturday... I want to thank everyone for the sweet comments to my last post. Yesterday was a busy day. My brother-in-law retired from the U.S. Marine Corps after 30 years of service... The ceremony was so touching; we are so proud of him and all the great sacrifices he and his family have made to serve our country. We love you Melvin, Thank You...

Well as promised, I finally have some pictures of my studio/crafty room! Let me tell you a little about this space: It took me a while to think of just what to do with it. It is a small space, so a lot of my punches, templates, paper, ribbon and the sort I keep in modules in the closet. Organization is the key in this space, and everything must have its place... I use clear containers so I can see just what I have. My motto is what you don't see you will not use...




Honey and I have about a thousand square feet of living space, and thought this little room would be best if it flowed with the rest of the house - cherry wood and roses. I was kind of disappointed because I did not have room for my many bears, but it is ok. I placed them on a giant floral wing back in my bedroom... I love it here... I waited a long time for my special place, and even though small it has a giant place in my heart...





I decided to place all my books in a cabinet in the living room. That worked well, and all neat and tidy! When you look at it, it looks like a beautiful cabinet, but when you open it, instant book shelf. You know what, it is a real challenge keeping a small space organized, and believe me I have gotten lots of tips on the program "Small Spaces". We love it here and would not be anywhere else. I call it my little corner of the world...

Have a lovely day...

Beverly


7 comments:

Melissa said...

hi Beverly! thanks for the comment to my blog. I've enjoyed looking at your blog and your crafting room looks so neat and organized! I really need to get mine cleaned up..!

I'll be visiting your blog again..

Melissa

Refinedone said...

Coming to you blog does 2 things to me.. 1) it inspires me and I am just blown away with you work!
2) I just feel, why? can i get myself together and start painting again..with kids and family there never seem to be the time to just chill and do some of the craft I would love to do...

keep it up...(may be one day i'll do a post on one finished art work ) :)

Stay blessed!!

Raindrops said...

You crafting room is lovely wish mine was that nice. Tricia

Wild Rose said...

Hi Beverly,

I love your space and your books are so neat and tidy in their cabinet!

I wouldn't dare post photos of my stockroom at the moment, it is such a mess that I hate going in there. Quite a surprise really, as I am a really tidy person. The problem being that I have no storage shelving, so most of the boxes are on the floor.

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Marie x

meg said...

That bouquet is absolutely stunning!
I'm with Wild Rose- no photo evidence of my study/sewing room/guest room/video game hangout chaos :P

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Hello
I found your blog through another's and must complement you on your lovely home, studio. It shows me that you have integrity through organization.
I will be back to read more in the future.
Blondie

Suzie Sews said...

WOW it all looks so neat and tidy. Lovely pictures I love seeing pictures of other peoples space, great for idea's, mine here would be to encourage myself to tidy up more. Thanks;-)
Suzie Sews